Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


How much time have you spent 'alive' ?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

ajb
Crazy Courier



Joined: 14 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:33 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: How much time have you spent 'alive' ? Reply with quote

I have been alive for approx. 207,480 hours.

If on average I have slept for 7hours a night, that's ~60,500 hours of sleep.

I don't remember much from pre-5 years old, that accounts for ~43,800

That leave's 103,180 waking hours that have shaped my life experience, less than HALF my life on this planet.

Sobering.
____________________
CBR125R '05 > CB500 '00 > CBR600F '99
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

SlimRick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:02 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was going to be a deep philosophical question.....I should've known better!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ajb
Crazy Courier



Joined: 14 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:07 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was best to let the maths do the talking.

This is how I worked it out.
____________________
CBR125R '05 > CB500 '00 > CBR600F '99
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:52 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't the hours that I have lived, it is the hours that are left to live that I think about.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The999Kid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:23 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
It isn't the hours that I have lived, it is the hours that are left to live that I think about.


I beleive that you will need this website then ...
____________________
NDB 19/10/1989 - 1/11/2010 |Nowhere.Elyseum wrote: I get the distinct feeling that Tim should be our secret weapon for future trolling. I don't know many people that can rip the piss in Iambic pentameter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:58 - 11 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan 14th 2064 according to that, that sucks!

Well im guessing that sucks Confused is 73 a bad age?

c_dug
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:07 - 11 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only probably 1 year in total (ie all the time I have spent away from work travelling around doing things I want to do) which included a 5ish month trip semi backpacking, touring etc.

The rest I have just been a corporate drone.
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

AJI
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:12 - 11 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

"8743 days, 21 hours, 25 minutes and 30 seconds can be converted to one of these units:

* 755,472,330 seconds
* 12,591,205 minutes (rounded down)
* 209,853 hours (rounded down)
* 1249 weeks"


The sobering measurement there is seven-hundred and fifty-five and a half million seconds. For a measurement of time so small, that's a hell of a lot.

And for the record, my age in more traditional measurements:

23 years, 11 months, 8 days, 21 hours
____________________
TARMAC - Automotive blog *UPDATED 26/3/09 - Abandoned fuel stations to go electric? ~ Buy my eBay stuff!
You're gonna go far, kid
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

OssY
Nearly there...



Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:17 - 11 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was dead last week so does my time start again?????
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

b-f-c
Traffic Copper



Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:27 - 11 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProvectusIncurro wrote:
Skudd wrote:
It isn't the hours that I have lived, it is the hours that are left to live that I think about.


I beleive that you will need this website then ...


According to the death clock, I've got 6 years left then.... bugger! That's going to knacker up my plans for 99 things to do before I die Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:27 - 12 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

13 May 2062 for me.

That's a bit shit, I was hoping to top 100. Laughing
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The999Kid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:09 - 12 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record... im set to die March 13th 2064...
____________________
NDB 19/10/1989 - 1/11/2010 |Nowhere.Elyseum wrote: I get the distinct feeling that Tim should be our secret weapon for future trolling. I don't know many people that can rip the piss in Iambic pentameter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:25 - 12 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

March 27th 2077. Getting to live to 89 isn't bad at all! Very Happy
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:55 - 12 Mar 2009    Post subject: Re: How much time have you spent 'alive' ? Reply with quote

ajb wrote:
I have been alive for approx. 207,480 hours.



Me . . . I have been alive all my life minus 10munites or so.
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kal
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:47 - 12 Mar 2009    Post subject: Re: How much time have you spent 'alive' ? Reply with quote

Great. I've not been on death clock for ages... Wish I'd not bothered... Sad
____________________
Kal...
I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It Ya Like To (HOON IT!).

1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 207 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.2 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 86.14 Kb