Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Hello - Lets Start again?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

william
Nova Slayer



Joined: 16 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:44 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Hello - Lets Start again? Reply with quote

My original post and the resultant criticism seems to have disappeared - Some Forum!

So please I own it - I ride it and I don't regret it. I have a license and none can stop me:

I have a mint 98 bog standard R1 with 2700 on the clock.

It had one previous owner who really looked after it.

I have no intention of finding out its max speed or riding it on track days.

I used to want a Fireblade then the R1 came along.

It looks great in Red & White and I enjoy riding it. So far I have found it predictable and it only goes as fast as I want it too (like most bikes).

The worst thing I have found is that my thumbs go numb after about 20 miles but I am working on it.

William
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin



Joined: 14 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:30 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

William wrote:
My original post and the resultant criticism seems to have disappeared - Some Forum!


Your original thread is lingering about half way down the page mate. The mods on this board don't randomly remove threads just because they may get a little heated. Give us a chance.

I haven't been visiting much lately due to work, so I guess this is a belated welcome.

Nice choice of bike. People tend to forget to overwhelmed by the capacity issue of engines, and seem to forget that the throttle goes both ways and will only accelerate as fast as you want it to. I've definately found the R1 a lot less forgiving, but because of the midrange and torque, it's easier to ride around without needing to rag it around everywhere. I've definately been a lot slower on the R1 than my old CBR.

Keep safe. Thumbs Up
____________________
TiN
dotgems.net
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:26 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Welcome to the forum mate, hope you can come along for a few meets Thumbs Up Mr. Green .

Luke
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:30 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Major_Grooves
The Doctor



Joined: 10 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:37 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome.

I read the other thread. All I have to say is enjoy your bike. Smile
____________________
About me|@Major_Grooves|My company|Digg|Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:06 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Re: Hello - Lets Start again? Reply with quote

william wrote:
My original post and the resultant criticism seems to have disappeared - Some Forum!


Your initial thread is here - https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=25417
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m i k e
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:37 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to the forum mate! Thumbs Up

Mike
____________________
Bom Chicka WAHHH WAHHHHHHH!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:28 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello William and welcome.

Nice looking bike you have there, I see it was originally serviced at Alf Englands. I've used them in the past and they were very good, I'm about 20 miles or so from them and would rather travel the distance to get work done there than anywhere else.

I actually wanted an R1 originally ended up with a Blade, I was looking at the 02 model at the time though, although I did look at the 2000 model too.

IMO they are one of the best looking jap bikes produced. It really made a change to see something japanese that looked like they had put some thought into the aesthetics and it was good to see the end of those horrible shell suit paint schemes. I must admit it's always been the blue for me though. Enjoy it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

craigT19
Jolly Green Giant



Joined: 09 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:29 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the forum..william Very Happy
____________________
Bikes owned :- 2001 nsr125, 1999 zx6r, 2006 yzf-r1, 2009 xmax 250, 2012 yzf-r1, 2015 MT-07
Current bike : - 2016 MT-10
Crying or Very sad BCF member pops. sadly missed Crying or Very sad 1945-2003
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:42 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hullo and welcome! Very Happy


Enjoy the bike, take it easy, ride safe Thumbs Up
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G1_
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:07 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to te forum.
I love that paint scheme on the R1!

Tin, when'd you get an R1? I probably did read it sometime but have no memory.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

phill.c
Traffic Copper



Joined: 13 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:21 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
people might seem a little off because your a BAB and just got on a R1 but i have been on here for about a week now, and can i say most people on here are just looking out for your best interest's and don't want to see anyone get hurt when biking...it's only a little bit off friendly advice and they are nice people from what i know, anyway i'd love to be in your shoes, i hope you have fun with that lovely bike...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Demonic69
The Pink Rhino



Joined: 31 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:46 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buno Estente Very Happy
R1's just got slated on Used Bike Heaven Very Happy
ZX9R won and beat an 02 Blade Sad
____________________
Back on a Blade. Just feels so right.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

zaknafien




Joined: 25 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:48 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonic69 wrote:
Buno Estente Very Happy
R1's just got slated on Used Bike Heaven Very Happy
ZX9R won and beat an 02 Blade Sad


And from that I would stop listening to what UBH said. Confused
____________________
02 Firestorm.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ant
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Feb 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:39 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonic69 wrote:
Buno Estente Very Happy
R1's just got slated on Used Bike Heaven Very Happy
ZX9R won and beat an 02 Blade Sad


That was just a bloke's oppinion who didn't even open the bikes up, i thought he rode like a learner!
If he had done a "proper" test then he'd have walked away with the blade Laughing

(Still it's goto beat his old xjr1300 or whatever he had)
____________________
04 ZX10R ~
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:11 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

R1s are Rubbish!!! Thumbs Down



Joke Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

John
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:48 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
____________________
TT600 neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeowwww!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git



Joined: 02 Jul 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:42 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forum. It's nice to see someone else joining that can make me feel young again Wink
Seems to me that you have a very healthy respect for the power that your new toy has, I hope you enjoy learning how to ride it the way you want to.
____________________
I spend all my money on bikes and beer, the rest I simply waste!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady



Joined: 07 Jul 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:30 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello good evening and welcome Laughing
____________________
Karma - Karma
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 138 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.68 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 104.17 Kb