Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Really quick question

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:17 - 13 Mar 2009    Post subject: Really quick question Reply with quote

How much p/h would a freelance engineer charge to go out and inspect a diesel engine to make sure its ok for useage?

Im thinking £30-£50 but may be wrong.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:23 - 13 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think an awful lot more than that, however I work on the rigs and prices are pretty inflated lol

Out here the cost for a daytrip, excluding the transport costs (covered by the client) would be in the region of £500.

We regularly have things tested, from rigging eqpt to containers, temporary plant to PSV's.

Why not call an established company asking them to quote you for this service?
____________________
Fallen Angel "Nae sniffing my seat now!!!!! "
www.cliqueycuntsmcc.co.uk
I AM NOT A FAST RIDER!!!!!!!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:34 - 13 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than £50 per hour! Its for a mate you see and he is away at the moment and he asked me to see if I could find out.

I will ring some up then, see what they say.

Cheers
Karma
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:38 - 13 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd expect at least £80 just for coming out to be honest.

I'm an electrician, charge £85 + vat for the first hour and then £50 + VAT something or other for hours after that.... I would be suprised if your mechanic/engineer would be cheaper... if anything I'd imagine more expensive as its a lot more specialised than a sparky/trades etc.. (i think? )
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 203 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.81 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 39.44 Kb