Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Best winters biking day/week ever?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

kawakid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:24 - 18 Mar 2009    Post subject: Best winters biking day/week ever? Reply with quote

Well its still winter.

But what awesome weather.

I have been out over the weekend full 5 hour trips up to the lakes and then North Yorks.

And now I've been out every lunchtime this week.

Full lean angles, warm tyres.

I can't believe it.

If this is winter, i'll take this over the summer we had last year anytime.

I'm seriously considering taking the afternoon off and heading back up to the lakes. Its just gorgeous.
____________________
I've a twin and a 4.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

UrbanRacer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:27 - 18 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

its been nice up here in glasgow too, supposedly its going to hit 15c. should have wore shorts and a t-shirt today
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

metalangel
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Feb 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:28 - 18 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... and I've missed most of it because of a dead battery and the stealer taking their time replacing it!

Got it back now, will definitely go for a ride around the Vale o' Glamorgan when I finish work in an hour!
____________________
Previous: 2002 Honda CB500 (sold), 2007 Suzuki SV650SK6 (crashed), 2005 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer (sold). Currently bikeless Sad
"A faired bike will get you 10x more clunge than a unfaired one." -Marlboro Matt
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

the grim reaper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:43 - 18 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually felt confident enough to commute in the leathers instead of the waterproofs today and I will probably do so for the rest of the week. Please, please, please, can we have this weather for at least most of the summer this year? Please?

Another summer like the last two and I will be really p155ed off.

Cheers

Grim
____________________
Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

UrbanRacer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:10 - 18 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

another one like the last 2 and i'm selling up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

LeeR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:31 - 18 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using my summer gloves since Monday, and I've had my rear vents open... Embarassed
____________________
My claim to fame: Austin Vince nicked my pen...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

the grim reaper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:45 - 18 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeR wrote:
I've been using my summer gloves since Monday, and I've had my rear vents open... Embarassed


I'm going to assume you mean the vents on your lid? (at least I bloody hope so Laughing )

Cheers

Grim
____________________
Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Smooth
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:49 - 18 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was warm yesterday, but travelling on the M62 at 7am this morning was a bit bbrrrrrrrrrrrrr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

qarka
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 10 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:16 - 18 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily for me i live in the Lake District. The views are amazing Laughing
____________________
Previous - Sinnis Apache - Honda Bros 400 - Yamaha SR500 - Honda Transalp - Kawasaki ZX-7R - Honda CB-1 - Honda 929 Fireblade - Honda NTV650 [b]Current[\b] Honda CB500
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

LeeR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:02 - 19 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I had to put my winter gloves back on this morning because of the fog.

But, at least I got to test out my Bob Heath Vee-Wipe and I can thoroughly recommend it. Thumbs Up

Oh, and you may be happy to know that the vents stayed open... Wink
____________________
My claim to fame: Austin Vince nicked my pen...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Thom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:17 - 19 Mar 2009    Post subject: Re: Best winters biking day/week ever? Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:
Well its still winter.

But what awesome weather.



Bugger me! It's been spring here for about a month now Razz
____________________
Current Bike: 1996 Yamaha TRX850 (The Japanese-Ducati One).
Previous Bikes: 1990 Honda NSR125 'Rothmans' (The smoking one), 1990 Suzuki GS500e 'Caf? fighter' (The loud one), 1987 Kawasaki GPX400r (The quick one), 1997 XJ600s Diversion (The reliable one), 2000 Kawasaki ER-5 (The spontaneously combustive one)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bike_craze1
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 23 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:05 - 19 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quality. Very Happy
____________________
Yamaha R125 - Cagiva Mito 125 - Honda CBR 600
CBT passed: 22/07/08 Bike Theory passed: 28/03/09
Bike Test passed: 15/04/09
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:02 - 19 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't imagined that this week would have been this good when I booked a week off work 2 months ago.

Oh well. I've done everything I wanted to get done with my time off, even took the NC out for a blast through too.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 196 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.72 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 76.91 Kb