 |
|
 |

|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Pie-Roe |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pie-Roe World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Feb 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:40 - 18 Mar 2009 Post subject: RF600R fuelling problem |
 |
|
Hi all I just bought an RF600R, '93 model, 28k on the clocks.
It's in reasonable nick, got it for 600 quid, pictures to follow.
However, I have a problem with it. For some strange reason when I exceed 90mph (on track ofc), it makes all the symptoms of running out of fuel, then when I turn the tap to reserve it's fine. When I slow down more, or stop the bike and turn it back to on, it's fine.
It also only does 80 miles to reserve, then another 45 odd 'til empty, which I find a bit odd, surely it should be more like 105 and 20?
I haven't had time to check over the pipes and stuff, I'm gonna shove some redex through it in case it's dodgy fuel/slime/rust/crap, because the guy I bought it off hadn't used it for 7 months.
Pyro ____________________ Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dibbster |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dibbster Nearly there...

Joined: 15 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:56 - 18 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
125 miles on a full tank?
When I had mine it did a lot more than that :S ____________________ Suzuki RF 600 - The two wheeled Testarossa (Deceased)
Suzuki GSXR - Now stops on a sixpence; SBK3's
www.bikepics.com/members/dibbster |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pie-Roe |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pie-Roe World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Feb 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:23 - 18 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have got a renegade straight through on it, and I've been riding it hard to see what it can do? Idk, how much were you getting from a tank?
It's got better now I've run a tank of fresh fuel through it though, so might just be a case of flushing out all the old crap.
Pyro ____________________ Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 202 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

|
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum
|
Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.05 Sec - Server Load: 0.58 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 35.8 Kb
|