Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Annoying alarms

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Kris
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:50 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Annoying alarms Reply with quote

Is it just me or are the 'self-arming' bike alarms the most annoying bloody idea ever? I've owned my new bike less than a week and it's already annoying the bloody hell out of me Mad I'll pull into a petrol station, turn ignition off, open petrol cap, start to fill up then hear the "beep beep beep" of the alarm arming itself. Next I hear the "WAHAHAHAHAHAHA" of the alarm itself because I can't reach the key fob to deactivate it whilst filling up Confused

Then I'm parked up outside a mate's and he decides to sit on it, just to see what it's like. I turn the alarm off, friend sits on bike and 20 seconds later we hear the beep-wahaha syndrome again Sad

Fucking thing is driving me mad Laughing Anyone ideas anyone?
____________________
NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:53 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

No just Datatool alarms. My old Meta used to self arm, but only immobilize the bike not alarm it. It was a proper press of the button to alarm it. Rather have it than not though.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ShortR6
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 14 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:18 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Datatool alarm me thinks.

If it has the two button alarm fob(one round button one oval).

Either let the alarm arm itself or arm with the round button then press the oval button. This disables he motion sensors thus stopping the alarm from going off every time you go near it.

You prob know this anyway.

Andy



Short but not sweet.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:23 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has a triangle buitton to disarm the alarm *(but leaves the immobiliser on)

After picking my bike up I spent about 10 minutes at the petrol station with my mate trying to work out how to turn the bike on without setting the alarm off Laughing

Then it went off anyway as I pressed the wrong button. haha used to it now though, it's good that its self-arming but annoying as you have to carry the keyfob if you want to be moving it around the garage etc.
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Milo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:31 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a spyball on my NSR and I quite liked it. It arms the immobiliser after a while which only sets the alarm off if the ignitions turned on. It also beeped a few times when it detected movement before setting the alarm off so more often than not it wouldn't go off.

Ads
____________________
Shaft drives rule. Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady



Joined: 07 Jul 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:28 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Re: Annoying alarms Reply with quote

I have to do site visits on the ZZR and it was driving me crazy. Get off take key out of ignition take gloves and helmet off. Turn alarm off again put gear in left pania turn alarm off again to close it. Go to right panier turn alarm off again take site notes out of right panier - turn alarm off again to close it and a reverse play when I get back to the bike.

I say to the hippy when I get home how frustrated I had been all day and he says well why don't you just turn the disarm the alarm - the imobeliser stays on - you can do that? (can't on the Raptor) - boy did I feel sheepish.


Kris wrote:
Is it just me or are the 'self-arming' bike alarms the most annoying bloody idea ever? I've owned my new bike less than a week and it's already annoying the bloody hell out of me Mad I'll pull into a petrol station, turn ignition off, open petrol cap, start to fill up then hear the "beep beep beep" of the alarm arming itself. Next I hear the "WAHAHAHAHAHAHA" of the alarm itself because I can't reach the key fob to deactivate it whilst filling up Confused

Then I'm parked up outside a mate's and he decides to sit on it, just to see what it's like. I turn the alarm off, friend sits on bike and 20 seconds later we hear the beep-wahaha syndrome again Sad

Fucking thing is driving me mad Laughing Anyone ideas anyone?

____________________
Karma - Karma
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git



Joined: 02 Jul 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:45 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Re: Annoying alarms Reply with quote

MrsHippy wrote:
you can do that? (can't on the Raptor) - boy did I feel sheepish.

Yes you can - that's what the triange button does Wink
Do you feel even more sheepish now? Embarassed
____________________
I spend all my money on bikes and beer, the rest I simply waste!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mrs_Hippy
The Pink Lady



Joined: 07 Jul 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:46 - 19 May 2004    Post subject: Re: Annoying alarms Reply with quote

It still beeps though...... just when you least expect it.

PsychoHippy wrote:
MrsHippy wrote:
you can do that? (can't on the Raptor) - boy did I feel sheepish.

Yes you can - that's what the triange button does Wink
Do you feel even more sheepish now? Embarassed

____________________
Karma - Karma
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

1cyl
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:24 - 20 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a data tool and a similar problem with it at the moment. i activate it "beep beep" (has a two button keypad), then as i turn my back it crys at me, then when you press the deactivate button to try and shut it up it won't, only on the third or fourth squeeze of the button will it stop.

I think the sensitivity knob is on the 'sense dust particles' setting so turning it down should have the alarm only sound if someone really gives the bike a good shake or knock.
____________________
Chase my Witch up, Catch my Snitch up.
The SMC | The Pit | Stable
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dainesefreak
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Apr 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:36 - 20 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meta Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie



Joined: 22 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:57 - 20 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

My datatool is set up so that when it arms the motion sensor isn't on. I have to activate that myself with the triangle button. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it is bloody useful.
____________________
BCF: Be yourself, just don't be an arse.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

izzi81
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 24 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:08 - 20 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

my datatool alarm can be annoying when I forget about it, but I watched it in action as the motion sensor scared away a very suspect group of druggie types who were a bit too close to my bike for comfort (I was sitting a short way away having coffee at the time)! Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:29 - 20 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine doesn't really bug me to be honest. Means I can get off and walk away knowing it'll arm itself, and if I want to do something (petrol, lock it up, fiddle) then I just turn the motion sensor off while I do it. No biggie.

The only time it's annoyed me lately was when I had to take the battery out the bike, it assumes foul play and starts to go mental.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

McJamweasel
BCF Junkie



Joined: 22 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:32 - 20 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bendy wrote:
The only time it's annoyed me lately was when I had to take the battery out the bike, it assumes foul play and starts to go mental.


Thats what service mode is for! Razz

Although it does mean a beep every 30 seconds....
____________________
BCF: Be yourself, just don't be an arse.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 142 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.95 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 85 Kb