Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


New camera

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

AppleJoe
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:17 - 03 Apr 2009    Post subject: New camera Reply with quote

Here is a quick tester video with my new camera - I'm really impressed with the quality, especially considering I haven't messed around with the options yet, and it's a very foggy & dull day.

No amazing riding, but at the next sunny oportunity I'll make a proper vid Smile
____________________
Full licence from 16/4/08 Smile
Previously: '56 YBR125 - Current: K1 SV650S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:35 - 03 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good Thumbs Up How much ?
Where abouts in Brighton are you?
I used to travel up/down that main road you started off on most days.
Might try the roads you went off onto (at 2nd roundabout past A27) Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

AppleJoe
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:08 - 03 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise wrote:
Looks good Thumbs Up How much ?
Where abouts in Brighton are you?
I used to travel up/down that main road you started off on most days.
Might try the roads you went off onto (at 2nd roundabout past A27) Thumbs Up


£120 BNIB Very Happy Got put on ebay as I was searching. Normal ebay price is £140 ish, but they retail at £189 in the UK so it's worth shopping around.

I'm in Westdene, quite near to where I started in that vid. I'd happily show you a great route around there, send me a PM if you're up for a ride sometime Thumbs Up My mate who I normally go for rides with got his licence revoked on Thursday, so I wouldn't mind knowing a fellow biker in the area Laughing
____________________
Full licence from 16/4/08 Smile
Previously: '56 YBR125 - Current: K1 SV650S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MonkeyKnuckle
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:54 - 04 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good quality. Thumbs Up

Almost bought one myself a little while ago but never got round to it.

Have you tried attaching it to your helmet?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

AppleJoe
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:09 - 05 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonkeyKnuckle wrote:
Good quality. Thumbs Up

Almost bought one myself a little while ago but never got round to it.

Have you tried attaching it to your helmet?


Nope, the sticker things they provide are sticky, to say the least. I think sometime I'll get a cheap £30 helmet as a filming helmet - I don't fancy prizing the sticker of my £250 Shoei thanks Laughing
____________________
Full licence from 16/4/08 Smile
Previously: '56 YBR125 - Current: K1 SV650S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:35 - 05 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went out and bought one today Laughing

Fantastic thing.

Just need a bike to test it with. Laughing

May stick it on the Jeep Mr. Green

My fav angles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPKZb219Vv8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOQsHVp-8bQ

Also congrats for sticking record volume on low.
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:55 - 05 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Go_pros are popular Thumbs Up

Two things that crossed my mind when watching though ...

First off it is VERY quiet ...

Second, can you change the update rate? only the cars going round the roundabout when you are sat stationary (~2 min in) look a little 'jumpy' ...

£120 is a good price, got a link to the seller? Thumbs Up
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:16 - 12 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue_SV650S wrote:

First off it is VERY quiet ...


Using the camera outside of a car i.e on a bike its best to have the volume record on low, as it cuts out the wind noise and gives you the engine note.

Then you can just turn it up when you edit it. Mr. Green
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:16 - 12 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love mine too. Thumbs Up

Only thing I don't like is the battery life Confused
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:21 - 12 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
Blue_SV650S wrote:

First off it is VERY quiet ...


Using the camera outside of a car i.e on a bike its best to have the volume record on low, as it cuts out the wind noise and gives you the engine note.

Then you can just turn it up when you edit it. Mr. Green


Ah, clearly the OP didn't wind the volume back up in the edit ... I had youtube on full volume and I couldn't really hear much ... even with speakers turned up too Sad

m0l0t0v wrote:
I love mine too. Thumbs Up

Only thing I don't like is the battery life Confused


So come on then, link one/some of your vids!! Thumbs Up
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:41 - 12 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha the only /worthy/ video I have is when I had full biker santa outfit (can't see me, apart from my hat) and it makes no progress. Start off at a parking lot, get beeped at, waved, and kids shouting "santa!"

The most exciting bi is probably when I do a shoulder check and when I move my head back the bauble on the hat hits the camera Laughing

But I'll get some good footage soonish... Anyways. Could try in the car I suppose Thinking (Not insured on the bike atm)

Edit: Just checked and I have 2 videos I could put up but haven't because it's got my friends numberplate on it. No indication of speed but clear white line overtakes...

If you can show me a program where I can edit out the numberplate I'll happily upload. Though it isn't that special as I was following and he's slow Laughing And I forgot to switch to "lo" setting so I'd have to mute it and put some music on Mr. Green
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:44 - 12 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

m0l0t0v wrote:
Ha the only /worthy/ video I have is when I had full biker santa outfit (can't see me, apart from my hat) and it makes no progress. Start off at a parking lot, get beeped at, waved, and kids shouting "santa!"

The most exciting bi is probably when I do a shoulder check and when I move my head back the bauble on the hat hits the camera Laughing

But I'll get some good footage soonish... Anyways. Could try in the car I suppose Thinking (Not insured on the bike atm)


I'm more interested in the footage/quality than the content to be honest ... so your santa escapade will be fine!! Thumbs Up ... p.s. the last time you used it was at x-mass .... must try harder m0l0t0v!! Laughing
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:52 - 12 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I just found 2 more recent videos. Few weeks ago. On the way back for a rideout with hurricanehollis.

I'll have to find the clip as I can't find it in my hard drive Confused

I'll upload it when I can and shall tell you when I do Mr. Green
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

AppleJoe
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:00 - 12 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got some more footage but a) it's an hour long, and b) may contain some, erm, 'naughty' riding. I'll edit out a clip and upload it in a min Smile

Edit: Ok, just looked at it and it's nearly all naughty riding Embarassed Made a 2 min video out of a couple of clips - I've no idea how to increase the volume but it's loud enough at the moment.
____________________
Full licence from 16/4/08 Smile
Previously: '56 YBR125 - Current: K1 SV650S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:31 - 13 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

m0l0t0v wrote:
I love mine too. Thumbs Up

Only thing I don't like is the battery life Confused


Lithium batteries ol' chap last for hours of recording.
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:51 - 13 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
m0l0t0v wrote:
I love mine too. Thumbs Up

Only thing I don't like is the battery life Confused


Lithium batteries ol' chap last for hours of recording.


Tried. They're fine while I use the camera in one go bu for some reason when I take them out of the camera they seem to die...
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:13 - 14 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Footage is certainly MUCH better than the ATC2K so the extra money is well worth the investment; smooth, non-jerky footage and compact.
____________________
The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:30 - 14 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titz wrote:
Footage is certainly MUCH better than the ATC2K so the extra money is well worth the investment; smooth, non-jerky footage and compact.


Yeah, ATC's are almost unwatchable ... Thumbs Down ... and if the OP got theirs for just over a ton, then there isn't much in it either!! Thumbs Up

Do has anyone actually got some footage to put up??!?! Very Happy
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:54 - 16 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it stops raining here I will go out and do some nice road footage. Very Happy
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:10 - 16 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

m0l0t0v wrote:
When it stops raining here I will go out and do some nice road footage. Very Happy


Its been a bootiful day down here on the coast!! Smile
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 172 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.15 Sec - Server Load: 1.04 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 122.3 Kb