Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Riding in a group?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Tonka
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:06 - 14 Apr 2009    Post subject: Riding in a group? Reply with quote

I'm sure the general consensus will be to speak with the other people in the Group, but I just thought I'd ask on here to see how other people deal with it. Two days riding this weekend, two entirely opposite dilemmas.

Sunday we had a 'new' person riding in the Group and they were very cautious and as a result the day's riding was very slow compared with normal. I'm not talking overall speed as in breaking speed limits, more cornering, filtering and being progressive. Then yesterday coming back round the M25 in traffic and on a Bank Holiday the bike in front of me was pushing a ton and doing some pretty aggressive tailgating, leaving me to worry about getting past a now pretty cross car driver. I didn't want to keep with them for a several reasons - I need my licence and I'm still new, so worry about reacting appropriately to situations (imo any idiot can go fast in a straight line, it's dealing with the unexpected that makes a good rider).

What's the overall feeling about Group riding? I'm fine with Sunday, as I think it's the down side that I'm ok to accept, if not I'll go out on my own, but I'm not sure about it when it's me holding up the proceedings Embarassed Do others ride for themselves regardless of the Group?

Thanks! Wink
____________________
'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:10 - 14 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only ride with wingmen who are close to your own riding ability I suppose.

Or the pack system for bigger groups whereby everybody of even skill rides in a pack , the route is pre-ordained and at complex junction the fastest rider of each group stays behind to signal the direction.

We used to do this in North BCF squires group.


Or just ride solo I suppose which quite a few people do because of others getting into danger attempting to keep up.
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

AngelGrinder
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:13 - 14 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your not riding for yourself, your a danger to yourself, the group and others.

If your not comfortable with whats happening, it's only going to end badly. Speak to them and explain, if they aren't interested find some others!

Generally everyone seems happy with slower members of the group, as long as it's not rediculously slow (like 50cc slow).

Your more likely to be hated for riding like a twunt....see 'HalfLyfe at Mayday 2008!'
____________________
Currently Riding - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000 Mille
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tonka
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:19 - 14 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Only ride with wingmen who are close to your own riding ability I suppose.......Or just ride solo I suppose which quite a few people do because of others getting into danger attempting to keep up.


Thanks Itchy. As a matter of innocent interest, how do you find such 'wingmen'? I've found that riding in a Group has really improved my riding and defintely my confidence, so I'd not be in a position to knock a slower rider, as I've been there and probably will be there for a while yet. If you don't ride with better riders, how do you improve?
____________________
'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

gmanxiii
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:21 - 14 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much what itchy said, ive been the slow one at the back trying to keep up as well as the quicker one at the front. These days I do most of my riding with Stiffler as we started riding around the same time and we are both pretty much evenly paced, some days hes quicker some days im quicker. Occasionally theres another rider or two that joins us and no one really gets left behind.

I did go on quite a big rideout before xmas where the group kind of shuffled about as the day progressed (there was 30+ of us), everyone eventually bunched up into smaller groups with similar ability and there was always a back marker that made sure no one got left behind. Me and the lead guy headed off and left everyone behind but we ended up waiting at major junctions till we all regrouped then repeat. I quite liked it that way as personally i didn't mind stopping for 5 or 10 mins at a time for slower riders to catch up, gave me a bit of a breather. Suppose its your frame of mind too, some days im ok to pootle about and not push myself, enjoy the scenery. Other days im a bit hamfisted, wanting the adrenaline rush.
____________________
I kills hondas

VFR400NC30 > ZZR600 > CBR600FX > CBR1000rr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tonka
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:25 - 14 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngelGrinder wrote:
If your not riding for yourself, your a danger to yourself, the group and others.

If your not comfortable with whats happening, it's only going to end badly. Speak to them and explain, if they aren't interested find some others!

Generally everyone seems happy with slower members of the group, as long as it's not rediculously slow (like 50cc slow).

Your more likely to be hated for riding like a twunt....see 'HalfLyfe at Mayday 2008!'


Those were my sentiments really, thank you! I wasn't sure whether I should have just kept up. I would have been fine providing I wasn't stopped by the Police/snapped by a camera, but I was a bit concerned and didn't know whether I was just being a pansy! Embarassed If I am, I'll shut up and say nowt, otherwise I'll pick my moment and have a quiet chat with one of them to see if it was ok.
____________________
'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

gmanxiii
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:26 - 14 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonka wrote:
As a matter of innocent interest, how do you find such 'wingmen'?


BCF meets! I've picked up a thing or two riding with Itchy in the past!
____________________
I kills hondas

VFR400NC30 > ZZR600 > CBR600FX > CBR1000rr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:29 - 14 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't tend to 'do' mass rideouts. I can't see the point, it seems to be pure willy waving because there is always a very fast person and always a very slow person. I tend to ride alone mostly and if I do ride with someone else then its usually one or two people that I trust. I have always hated 'rideouts' and really I can't see the appeal apart from for those who cover their own inadequacies and lack of skill by taking stupid chances to be at the front. It always makes me cringe and I'd rather go out on my own to be honest.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tonka
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:34 - 14 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmanxiii wrote:
I did go on quite a big rideout before xmas where the group kind of shuffled about as the day progressed (there was 30+ of us)........Suppose its your frame of mind too, some days im ok to pootle about and not push myself, enjoy the scenery. Other days im a bit hamfisted, wanting the adrenaline rush.


Thanks! There are normally between 4-10 of us, so not a big group by your standards and they are a great bunch and have been very good to me, so I'm more concerned about putting a foot wrong and finding myself without riding buddies, tbh! It's difficult to know what is considered good practice and what's not, hence the question. I've definitely found I have good rides and not so good rides - the weekend before was my first big outing back on the bike since last year and my confidence was decidedly fragile!
____________________
'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tonka
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:43 - 14 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
I don't tend to 'do' mass rideouts. I can't see the point, it seems to be pure willy waving because there is always a very fast person and always a very slow person. I tend to ride alone mostly and if I do ride with someone else then its usually one or two people that I trust. I have always hated 'rideouts' and really I can't see the appeal apart from for those who cover their own inadequacies and lack of skill by taking stupid chances to be at the front. It always makes me cringe and I'd rather go out on my own to be honest.


Thanks Marjay and yes, I can imagine that would be the case with a lot of people. Like in post above there are usually not too many of us and I've found they have been really good at giving me advice on improving my riding, so I've found it invaluable. As a matter of interest Marjay, how did you improve your riding? I find that riding on my own I'm much more cautious and just doing miles doesn't seem to help me that I've noticed, whereas following someone else I can see where to position on the road, speeds and timing. Also they comment if they're following me and offer advice too. Did you learn lots from track riding?

.....and I suspect you're right, as I think there was a degree of willy waving by the individual yesterday, but I'm not one to be impressed by that, so it wasn't for my benefit! Rolling Eyes
____________________
'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

gmanxiii
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:47 - 14 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always try a bit of grooming (not in a horrible kiddy fiddling way) One of my mates has just passed his test a good few months back, I try get him out for runs with me in the hope he'll pick up a thing or two and keep up comfortably. I understand if he prefers to hang back a bit and adjust my own speed accordingly or just wait up for him after a while. Told him a few times dont try to keep up if you arent comfortable or you'll make a mistake and he understands that. Cousin recently passed as well and keep trying to get him to come out for rides with the same in mind. More wingmen to go riding with at the end of the day! Think this kind of understanding is neccesary. Remember my off last year when i hit diesel, i was a bit iffy coming back riding, when i started again i was way slower but those who i was riding with understands and would wait and didn't expect me to try keep up.
____________________
I kills hondas

VFR400NC30 > ZZR600 > CBR600FX > CBR1000rr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Pie-Roe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:54 - 14 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go on roads YOU know with the group first.

If you are familiar with the road and corner speed/filtering etc on that particular stretch you can see how fast/slow everyone else is.

Don't try to keep up too much, don't ride too close behind. I don't know what you ride, but I remember one time I was following squiffy off bcf at reasonable pace on a road we both know, I was pretty close behind him, which any other time would have been fine because we do it all the time, but I forgot I had a passenger (lovely lass she was) and had to stand the bike up on the brakes mid corner because I'd gone into it too hot with the extra weight. If you are on a mid range bike at mid range skill, you aren't going to be stopping as fast as someone on a sports litre who's been riding years more.

Then of course you have different levels of what people consider to be safe, and how much they value their own lives...

Pyro
____________________
Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ajb
Crazy Courier



Joined: 14 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:06 - 15 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wingmen, find an understanding and go with it, don't forget the slower riders will get quicker eventually.

I consider myself to be slow/inexperienced, but my friend who has had his license since he was 17 (4/5years longer than me and also drives a car) tends to be slower than me (mainly through corners) this is due to him having a low-speed filtering off not so long ago though.
____________________
CBR125R '05 > CB500 '00 > CBR600F '99
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

cyberglass
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:54 - 15 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just set some group rules before you set off have a lead man and a tail man and keep less experianced riders in the middle they have to learn eventually.

Also make sure everyone rides staggered so if your bunched up and someone makes a mistake the guy behind has room to react

Im on a dl650 riding with guys on cbr600s dukes and r6s at first i was scared sh**less and struggled to keep with the pack. but i always knew there was a tail guy keeping an eye on me who knew where we were heading if i fell behind. After a while i got faster and more confident and can now at least keep up with them.
____________________
DL650 Vstrom 2004
DRZ400S 2003
Yamaha R1 2005
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:54 - 15 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of riding in huge groups.

About 4/5 is probably about as large as I like to go. If you do much bigger you end up with people getting left behind, or constantly needing fuel/ the toilet.
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:15 - 15 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always start at the back on a rideout, unless I know the riders. This is to let me follow each rider for a while to get an idea of their abilities/speeds etc.

If comfortable with the group I will move to the front, and mark junctions for those following.

If you were uncomfortable following that particular rider in the OP then either overtake him or sit back Thumbs Up

Although happiest at the front where I can ride my own pace, I don't mind running at the back/mid pack if someone wants to follow my lines or wants advice. Somedays its relaxing to just ride in the group.

As for willy waving, leave them to it, on some of the rideouts I have been on we cover certain roads that I feel don't suit the set up on my bike, on those roads I just back off and ride to suit.
____________________
Fallen Angel "Nae sniffing my seat now!!!!! "
www.cliqueycuntsmcc.co.uk
I AM NOT A FAST RIDER!!!!!!!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

s44678
Guest





PostPosted: 11:39 - 15 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

On improving your own riding, I'd say it's healthy to push yourself a bit, but completely on your own terms. By pushing, I mean doing things that you know without doubt you and the bike are capable of, it's just you don't feel comfortable doing it yet. Eventually, with repetition, you will get comfortable with it. I don't mean pushing it beyond the unknown, and I don't mean taking risks.

But I would never do this in a group ride. Group rides are more for the social aspect rather than to improve your riding I would say. Just be happy with the 'road-time' which will be improving you in subtle ways.

Just my 2p. My eagerness to learn and get confident is pretty nicely balanced with my eagerness to stay alive.
 Back to top
You must be logged in to rate posts

Knacker
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:32 - 15 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually hold back with the slowest bloke in the group and move my way back up the front until i realise i dont no where im going then head back to middle then rear and so on.
____________________
Current: Gsxr 600 Srad - GS125 - DT125
Previous: K1 GSXR 1000
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:57 - 15 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to ride in a group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15s5NcVvgsg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:01 - 15 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to ride with a small group to a few places.
I push when I feel like it but these guys would just leave me behind as they would do stupid speeds down country lanes.
I would just try to memorise the place were going to and meet them there,
I dont oftern ride with them now because one is a real danger to himself and the public Thumbs Down
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:38 - 15 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to marshall for MAG rideouts, stopping traffic then hooning up to the next junction, leapfrogging the other marshalls. To be honest I rode like a complete arsehole when doing it - blind overtakes, far too fast on the wrong side of the road, braking way too late. Add to that pulling onto roundabouts and stopping the traffic, it's surprising I'm still here really.

I've not ridden in a group for ages now, preferring to go solo or maybe with a mate or two. Last time I did was in a group of about 15 bikes with the Northants Honda Owner's Club. They had a system where there'd be one bike at front (who knows the way), one back marker, and everybody else rotated as junction marker. Simply, if you were behind the leader and he took a junction, you'd pull over and let the others know. When you see the back marker, you rejoined in front of him.

It works well if you've got a largish group trying to get from A to B, it doesn't work if you've got people thinking it's a race or have something to prove (or are just being a general arsehole). Then again, riding in a disciplined group that size wouldn't appeal to them, so it's moot.

Biggest problem I think are the people who don't know the route, who will ride outside their abilities trying to keep up for fear of getting lost. If they don't let the rest of the group know they are uncertain, then the group is just going to press on at their usual rate. If you do say you're nervous and don't know the way and the group press on regardless, it's not a group you want to ride with. If you've been with the group for some time and you're still holding them up, it's time to start your own group Smile
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:42 - 15 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to ride with the same small group so we know each other fairly well. i tend to go at the back as I'm the quickest, if i need a blast I can drop back and catch up at speed. The least confident guy goes in the middle, it helps him watching the guy in front and he knows he wont be left behind either, by the way we all have intercoms to talk to each other.
I also ride from time to time with larger groups, then we use the drop of system, that's where the front guy and the tail guy don't change, but at junction the second person stops and lets the group ride through and then takes his place just in front of the tail guy. This goes on through out the ride so everyone between the front and back riders take it in turn throughout the group. The First guy has to be very strict with himself in what pace he sets as he can go too fast or too slow.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:01 - 15 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonka wrote:
Thanks Marjay and yes, I can imagine that would be the case with a lot of people. Like in post above there are usually not too many of us and I've found they have been really good at giving me advice on improving my riding, so I've found it invaluable. As a matter of interest Marjay, how did you improve your riding? I find that riding on my own I'm much more cautious and just doing miles doesn't seem to help me that I've noticed, whereas following someone else I can see where to position on the road, speeds and timing. Also they comment if they're following me and offer advice too. Did you learn lots from track riding?


I improve with more of a reflective process. I go for a ride then I think about the ride and try to work out where I can make an improvement. Once I've done that I try to incorporate the improvement into my next ride. I also read a lot of 'better riding' segments in bike mags and the like. Also I have to say that I have ridden and do occasionally ride with other people in the past, but as I said its never more than two as a rule. I also have ridden on track quite a bit and have done the california superbike school. This isn't as relevant to road riding as you might think...

I've been on mass rideouts and cannot understand how ANYONE's riding might benefit from a load of people trying to be the first to reach a particular destination just to show the person behind him how 'hard core' they are. The people at the back don't learn or learn bad habits. The best riders I know are the same as me and do not enjoy huge high speed rideouts. As I said, I've been on a few where I don't know everyone and there has never been one where I have felt everyone is safe and no one is being competitive.

If you know someone who is faster than you on the road then ride with just them, and not a mass rideout. Mass rideouts are dangerous and they are a primary reason why car drivers and other non biking groups see us as hooligans IMO.
Tonka wrote:

.....and I suspect you're right, as I think there was a degree of willy waving by the individual yesterday, but I'm not one to be impressed by that, so it wasn't for my benefit! Rolling Eyes


A lot of 600-1000cc sportsbike owners seem to be naturally insecure in this way anyway. As I've said I've never been on a rideout where everyone is safe and no one is being competitive. I don't recall ever going on one where less than 40% of people were like this in fact...

Hence I don't do them any more. They make me cringe and the antics of the significant minority of insecure children distract me from my own riding.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

keyser soze
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:46 - 15 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on ride outs where everyone seemed to be on something. hated it
but when my old riding instructor organises a ride I jump at it. he only takes the peeps he has instructed. he rides at the front and me at the back. if someone slows down or has a problem the one in front of that one slows down or stops (like with dominos). I've not had a bad ride with these peeps. also being at the back I can play and I can set the speed....... feel my power lol
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GSF Jamie 600
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 17 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:46 - 21 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Yeah i agree that ridig in a group is ore enjoyable.
We used to go on long distance rides on scooters and dat was so gud, as we were all similar. But now weve all moved up and i am riding with 2 600s and a 1200, and i'm on a cagiva planet 125. Don't get me wrong i love my bike, but its so frustratin being overtaken every two minutes lol. But all in all it good fun, and next summer i'm getting a bandit so cumon.
Ride safe
Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 165 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.15 Sec - Server Load: 0.6 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 140 Kb