Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Rear Brake, Light Switch

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

twotakt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:13 - 29 Apr 2009    Post subject: Rear Brake, Light Switch Reply with quote

Hi all,

My yz490 is without a light switch for its rear brake at the moment, is this a requirement for the MOT? I have a fully functioning front brake light switch.

Ta,
Jack
____________________
R.I.P. Tareree Shiimi, 1985-2008
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kawakid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:25 - 29 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

It is tested on the test.

Obviously really , when you are braking with the rear light, you want people behind you to know, so they aren't going to go in to the back of you.
____________________
I've a twin and a 4.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

twotakt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:28 - 29 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the logic, however my bike was manufactured in 1982 so may be exempt from having to have a rear brake light switch if this information is correct:

https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/jackdim/motlightswitch.jpg
____________________
R.I.P. Tareree Shiimi, 1985-2008
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

twostroketit
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 02 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:46 - 29 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry,i could've sworn you said yz490! Cool Cool
Got any pictures?
____________________
sup up your beer and collect your fags
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:49 - 29 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tape up all the lights and they won't test them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

truslack
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:01 - 29 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, anything before '86 is exempt, and only needs one brake light switch.
____________________
Current: Suzuki RG 125 Gamma, Honda H100, Triumph Tiger 800XC, Suzuki SV650 (minitwin)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kal
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:13 - 29 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

truslack wrote:
Yep, anything before '86 is exempt, and only needs one brake light switch.


We have a winner.

The brake switch can be on either the front or rear brake. Also exempt from having indicators.

Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989 Schedule 7: Part I wrote:
Direction indicator exceptions; Motor cycle

A vehicle having a maximum speed not exceeding 25 mph;
A vehicle first used before 1st April 1986;
A vehicle which is constructed or adapted primarily for use off roads (whether by reason of its tyres, suspension, ground clearance or otherwise) and which can carry only one person or which, in the case of a motor bicycle combination, can carry only the rider and one passenger in the sidecar.


Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989 Schedule 12: Part I wrote:
10. Electrical connections-
(a) Every stop lamp fitted to-
(i) a solo motor bicycle or a motor bicycle combination first used on or after 1st April 1986 shall be operated by the application of every service brake control provided for the use of the rider;

____________________
Kal...
I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It Ya Like To (HOON IT!).

1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S


Last edited by Kal on 14:11 - 29 Apr 2009; edited 4 times in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

twotakt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:13 - 29 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

truslack wrote:
Yep, anything before '86 is exempt, and only needs one brake light switch.


Awesome Very Happy, ta for that. however I'll double check with the tester way before the MOT time.

twostroketit wrote:
I'm sorry,i could've sworn you said yz490! Cool Cool
Got any pictures?


https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk15/jackdim/yz490/yz490_1981003.jpg
____________________
R.I.P. Tareree Shiimi, 1985-2008
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

twostroketit
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 02 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:02 - 30 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me likeey! I can almost smell it. Cool
____________________
sup up your beer and collect your fags
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 211 days between these two posts...

HD
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:04 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a brske switch for my bike also a rear. Cannot find one anywhere.

My MOT isn't til the summer but still a piece of mind would be nice as I will be using my rear brake more than the front in this gorgeous weather Neutral

Where the hell could I get one?

Any ideas?

Or will I just have to fork out and get a new master cylinder?

Ta Thumbs Up
____________________
Rusty '02 Vito Camper + CBR600F3
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

truslack
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:11 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave away 2 about a month ago Laughing

I'm pretty sure it's just a banjo fitment pressure switch on the Senda, do none of the Derbi parts suppliers have them?
____________________
Current: Suzuki RG 125 Gamma, Honda H100, Triumph Tiger 800XC, Suzuki SV650 (minitwin)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

truslack
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:13 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is part number 00H01001701 correct for your bike? There are multiple places you can get that part. Approx £20.
____________________
Current: Suzuki RG 125 Gamma, Honda H100, Triumph Tiger 800XC, Suzuki SV650 (minitwin)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

HD
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:14 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

truslack wrote:
I gave away 2 about a month ago Laughing

I'm pretty sure it's just a banjo fitment pressure switch on the Senda, do none of the Derbi parts suppliers have them?


Fuck!

And don't know what one of them is Laughing Confused

Who do you mean?

Derbi Scooter Spares is stupid money!
____________________
Rusty '02 Vito Camper + CBR600F3
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 312 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.14 Sec - Server Load: 1.38 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 78.14 Kb