Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


TZR250 Camera Mount Test

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:52 - 02 May 2009    Post subject: TZR250 Camera Mount Test Reply with quote

The mount:

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/ms51ves3/DSC00896.jpg

Clicky

As you can hear, the wind noise is pretty bad and I never got above 30mph. I've put a piece of insulation tape over the microphones for now and after a little test of me blowing into them, it's definitely better. I will test it on the bike either later or tomorrow.

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/ms51ves3/DSC00935.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

salty21
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:21 - 02 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

what was that car doing parked in the middle of the road for ages? i would have been getting mad at that after about 10 seconds and took drastic measures to get round lol, is the bike supposed to be that rattly or is it the camera mount making all the racket?

on a positive note the angle looks good as does the quality Thumbs Up
____________________
04 NSR 125(sold) Sad ---- 03 CBR 600rr(sold)Sad Smile ----90 pan euro ST1100 'Shocked' ----02 CG 125 Smile
94 CB400 Super Four ---- 2000 VTR SP1 (sold) ---- 08 ninja p8f(sold, meh) ----05 CBR600rr Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:03 - 02 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

salty21 wrote:
what was that car doing parked in the middle of the road for ages? i would have been getting mad at that after about 10 seconds and took drastic measures to get round lol, is the bike supposed to be that rattly or is it the camera mount making all the racket?

on a positive note the angle looks good as does the quality Thumbs Up


The car was a learner doing a 3 point turn. I wasn't going to go in front just in case he dumped the clutch, put his foot to the floor and drove into me Laughing It gave me a chance to look at my reflection in the rev counter and see how cool I looked Cool

The rattling sound is the camera on the mount. I need to get a longer bolt then put a rubber washer in between the camera and mount. At the moment I am just using the plate that slots into my tripod which with the thickness of the mount doesn't leave much thread on the bolt to screw into the camera. Not ideal.

I'm thinking of making another mount to bolt on somewhere else on the bike, I made it using the innards out of a dead bolt door so I've still got loads left.

EDIT: I've just removed the circlip that holds the bolt to the plate so now it should be long enough to fit a rubber washer on.

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/ms51ves3/DSC00942.jpg

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/ms51ves3/DSC00944.jpg

The only thing now is that the camera is mounted slightly higher, I'll have a check what it looks like tomorrow and how the vibration fairs against not having the rubber washer.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

salty21
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:47 - 03 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

if anything i think higher would be slightly better from a veiw angle point of view. does it effect your riding position at all?

p.s: dont forget to fill up before any filming Laughing
____________________
04 NSR 125(sold) Sad ---- 03 CBR 600rr(sold)Sad Smile ----90 pan euro ST1100 'Shocked' ----02 CG 125 Smile
94 CB400 Super Four ---- 2000 VTR SP1 (sold) ---- 08 ninja p8f(sold, meh) ----05 CBR600rr Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:34 - 03 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

salty21 wrote:
if anything i think higher would be slightly better from a veiw angle point of view. does it effect your riding position at all?


Nope, I just can't duck down and lean on the tank for obvious reasons.

salty21 wrote:
p.s: dont forget to fill up before any filming Laughing


Yes I know, I'm probably going to hack it up today with my angle grinder. It's not too bad though, only 3 bolts to take out Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kawashima
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:49 - 03 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice 2T sound Cool
____________________
own:2020 Serow 250
owned: 2012 YB125SP, 2008 TDM900, 2005 W650, 2002 LS125R, 2002 CB400SF, NS50F, C50 / Trip to UK(2009), Hokkaido touring(2013)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:32 - 03 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a rear facing mount today.

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/ms51ves3/DSC00947.jpg

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/ms51ves3/DSC00945.jpg

The view from the camera:

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/ms51ves3/RearFacingView.jpg

It may need bracing if it's too wobbly.

On my first video I think the rattling noise was coming from the battery so I've put a little bit of tissue behind it just to stop it moving about. Hopefully it will be a lot better the next time I record.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:08 - 03 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine:

https://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6992/1001656smallbl8.jpg
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:25 - 03 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
Mine:


Homemade?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:27 - 03 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy makes 'em at home not bad for 5 bucks.

Mr. Green
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:35 - 03 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
Guy makes 'em at home not bad for 5 bucks.

Mr. Green


I'd pay $5 for one of them. I don't have the luxury of good welding skills Laughing


Last edited by ms51ves3 on 21:53 - 03 May 2009; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

nick606
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:04 - 03 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty good how your making all this stuff at home. But i would take them extra keys off as your going to scratch your top yoke to bits
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:13 - 04 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got any links to some videos!??! Very Happy
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:55 - 04 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue_SV650S wrote:
Got any links to some videos!??! Very Happy


First post below the first picture Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:08 - 04 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:
Blue_SV650S wrote:
Got any links to some videos!??! Very Happy


First post below the first picture Wink


My-bad - teach me to not actually read the post properly!! Very Happy

What is it like at speed? Deffo need to sort the vibration out and perhaps zoom in a bit as the clocks ar a bit far away. I take it your camera has optical zoom?

I think if you can sort the vibration (wobble and sound) then its good quality!! Thumbs Up
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:40 - 04 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue_SV650S wrote:
ms51ves3 wrote:
First post below the first picture Wink


My-bad - teach me to not actually read the post properly!! Very Happy

What is it like at speed? Deffo need to sort the vibration out and perhaps zoom in a bit as the clocks ar a bit far away. I take it your camera has optical zoom?

I think if you can sort the vibration (wobble and sound) then its good quality!! Thumbs Up


No idea what it is like at speed yet. When it's not raining I'm going to take it for a blast on this nice straight road near where I live. It's a 40 zone so will have to be at night Wink

I think I've got the vibration and sound covered now with my little modifications.

Yeah I can zoom in, but I quite like it as it is. Ideally I need to do some tests at different zoom levels.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:33 - 04 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:

No idea what it is like at speed yet. When it's not raining I'm going to take it for a blast on this nice straight road near where I live. It's a 40 zone so will have to be at night Wink


Shocked

OR you could venture out to an NSL and test it for real!! Wink
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:54 - 04 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue_SV650S wrote:
ms51ves3 wrote:

No idea what it is like at speed yet. When it's not raining I'm going to take it for a blast on this nice straight road near where I live. It's a 40 zone so will have to be at night Wink


Shocked

OR you could venture out to an NSL and test it for real!! Wink


I will be going on the Snake Pass sometime soon to get some better footage.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Welshd1k
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:31 - 05 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought of gettign a seperate mic and wiring it in ?? or a bullet cam with your camrecorder in a backpack ?
____________________
Current >Cb600fx hornet, ns125rk90 21.7bhp@wheel<
Sold >,zxr400 h2 (33bhp kit) rd350 n1 rd350 lc2<
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:18 - 05 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

ns125rk90 wrote:
thought of gettign a seperate mic and wiring it in ?? or a bullet cam with your camrecorder in a backpack ?


Way too much effort Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:43 - 07 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just made a new video.

The tape has definitely improved the wind noise but the camera is bouncing on top of the rubber washer and making even more noise. I think the screen is bouncing about when it's shut. I'll upload it later on.

I'll be removing the rubber washer though as the camera just shakes all the time.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:31 - 07 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is.

Clicky
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:37 - 07 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camera looks like its just the force of the wind causing to shake.

Just find a way of pulling it onto the mount tighter.
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:56 - 07 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGee wrote:
Camera looks like its just the force of the wind causing to shake.

Just find a way of pulling it onto the mount tighter.


I can't tighten the little bolt up anymore. If it is the wind I don't think the rubber washer will be helping so I'll be removing it for my next test. Hopefully my next test will be tomorrow morning, weather permitting.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kawashima
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:19 - 08 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:
Here it is.

Clicky

Hi, wind noise is surprisingly reduced!!! Very nice!!!
How can I stop vibration noise? hmmm...
sandwitching a sheet of towel between camera and mount...?
____________________
own:2020 Serow 250
owned: 2012 YB125SP, 2008 TDM900, 2005 W650, 2002 LS125R, 2002 CB400SF, NS50F, C50 / Trip to UK(2009), Hokkaido touring(2013)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 147 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Videos All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.23 Sec - Server Load: 1.1 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 138.21 Kb