Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUUUCKKK!!!!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

5v3d3b0
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:56 - 11 May 2009    Post subject: FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUUUCKKK!!!!! Reply with quote

Nothing ever goes as planned Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
I'm supposed to be buying the zxr on friday. I just called the guy who supposedly knew how to get the papers "restricted" for cheap, and this was not the case.
I started calling around for a restriction kit, but since they've only been restricting bikes since about '99, and the zxr is from '94 there aren't any official ones. That means my only option is getting some washers for the carbs which have been specially made. 450 EUROS PLUS VAT!!!!!!!
I'm already 150 euros out buying the bike, another 50 for the name change, and about 100 or more to set up the carbs. Before I can use the bike I will owe close to a grand!
I think if I get caught unrestricted the fine will be cheaper than this shite Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
I'm gonna try to get a mechanic I know a bit to sign that they've restricted the bike, and if the police stop me I can say I haven't gotten the MOT done yet and that's why the papers still show full power. If I do get caught the mechs can just say I removed the restrictors myself...
Gutted is the word
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Paulington
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:59 - 11 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get some washers! I imagine somewhere on the net the dimensions for the central hole will be wandering around.

Judging by the P/W ratio the washers would need about the same size central hole as a GSXR600, so around 15mm internal diameter?

Could be very wrong.
____________________
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
Current Vehicles: '89 Kawasaki KDX200, '99 Yamaha XV535, '00 Honda ST1100 Pan-European, '08 Suzuki GSX-R1000, '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GS4 2.0 TDCi, '15 BMW 1 Series 116d Sport Turbo.
CBT: 27/08/08. Theory: 04/09/09. Module 1: 16/09/09. Module 2: 01/10/09.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

5v3d3b0
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:02 - 11 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the UK, but apparently here in Spain you need a mech to install it and certify it, then the paperwork is done when you get an MOT done. According to the people I've spoken to you can't just restrict the bike any old way, it has to be homologated. I'm gonna figure something out cause no way am I paying that kind of money. Even if it's just some certificate I can flash to the police to stop any questions.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Paulington
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:05 - 11 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely you know a local mechanic who will just bung it in and sign it for you?
____________________
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
Current Vehicles: '89 Kawasaki KDX200, '99 Yamaha XV535, '00 Honda ST1100 Pan-European, '08 Suzuki GSX-R1000, '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GS4 2.0 TDCi, '15 BMW 1 Series 116d Sport Turbo.
CBT: 27/08/08. Theory: 04/09/09. Module 1: 16/09/09. Module 2: 01/10/09.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

5v3d3b0
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:06 - 11 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check tomorrow...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:07 - 11 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its probably for the best. Judging by your previous taste in 'Big bikes' it will probably be an old nail anyway.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:35 - 11 May 2009    Post subject: Re: FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUUUCKKK!!!!! Reply with quote

Svedebo wrote:

I started calling around for a restriction kit, but since they've only been restricting bikes since about '99, and the zxr is from '94 there aren't any official ones. That means my only option is getting some washers for the carbs which have been specially made. 450 EUROS PLUS VAT!!!!!!!


How facking much?! Shocked Laughing

Send me the specs and I'll make them for £100, zero VAT.
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Paulington
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:46 - 11 May 2009    Post subject: Re: FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUUUCKKK!!!!! Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
Svedebo wrote:

I started calling around for a restriction kit, but since they've only been restricting bikes since about '99, and the zxr is from '94 there aren't any official ones. That means my only option is getting some washers for the carbs which have been specially made. 450 EUROS PLUS VAT!!!!!!!


How facking much?! Shocked Laughing

Send me the specs and I'll make them for £100, zero VAT.

Something tells me the people who want 450 Euros + VAT won't let the specs out, hence the price.

I took a stab at it a few posts previous.
____________________
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
Current Vehicles: '89 Kawasaki KDX200, '99 Yamaha XV535, '00 Honda ST1100 Pan-European, '08 Suzuki GSX-R1000, '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GS4 2.0 TDCi, '15 BMW 1 Series 116d Sport Turbo.
CBT: 27/08/08. Theory: 04/09/09. Module 1: 16/09/09. Module 2: 01/10/09.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man



Joined: 16 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:20 - 11 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

This suggests to me that Spain is a lot more on the ball when it comes to restriction, and that you may be planning on keeping it restricted - do they check it yearly with the MOT or Spanish equivalent?

If you are planning on keeping it restricted, why would you get a ZXR750? Get a 33hp bike.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

5v3d3b0
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:42 - 11 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna get it restricted so that the paperwork is 25 kw. Then I'll take the restrictors off again. Illegal I know, but that's my responsability
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

5v3d3b0
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:55 - 11 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140318572901&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123
I'll be getting this. It's the best I can do. It includes reg number, chassis number, I think engine number, adress, colour etc. And most importantly power in kW / bhp
With all those numbers I think an average Spanish cop doing an alcohol control will be happy with it. If any questions arise as to why it's in English I'll say my dad rode it to England a while back on holiday and restricted it while he was there cause it's much cheaper over there.
I'll still be very careful and probably not take it out at night (that's the only time you get stopped even when behaving)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yuri2085
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:16 - 11 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

50 quid for name change wut?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:44 - 11 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Svedebo wrote:
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140318572901&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123
I'll be getting this. It's the best I can do. It includes reg number, chassis number, I think engine number, adress, colour etc. And most importantly power in kW / bhp)


This type of thing was posted a while back, and in the thread was a link to the same for FREE.... So don't waste the cash on some dodgy ebay rip off....
DIY...
and get all the info you need.
____________________
Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The999Kid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:05 - 11 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Svedebo wrote:
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140318572901&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123
I'll be getting this. It's the best I can do. It includes reg number, chassis number, I think engine number, adress, colour etc. And most importantly power in kW / bhp


Anything think that something like this isnt beyond the realms of a jobsworth copper looking for someone to catch?
____________________
NDB 19/10/1989 - 1/11/2010 |Nowhere.Elyseum wrote: I get the distinct feeling that Tim should be our secret weapon for future trolling. I don't know many people that can rip the piss in Iambic pentameter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

damz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:09 - 12 May 2009    Post subject: Re: FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUUUCKKK!!!!! Reply with quote

LukeVFR wrote:
Svedebo wrote:
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUUUCKKK!!!!!

My thoughts when I enter a corner too quickly. Laughing


i never have time to think, i just let out a girly scream
____________________
Current Bikes RVF400 - 94
Cars: RX7 FD, Eunos Roadster
Former Bikes: FZR 250R 89, ZX7R 98
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr Hammers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:57 - 12 May 2009    Post subject: Re: FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUUUCKKK!!!!! Reply with quote

Damz wrote:
i never have time to think, i just let out a girly scream

I've noticed that I make the sound like someone gasping for air...a sort of "uh huh huh huh" which is then shortly followed by a "phew!" or a "oh no, not again".
____________________
A Guide To Powerbands
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Knacker
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:26 - 13 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take 1 of the leads off get dyno'd

An old 400 like that probably dnt make much more than 33bhp nowadays LOL
____________________
Current: Gsxr 600 Srad - GS125 - DT125
Previous: K1 GSXR 1000
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

J D
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:12 - 13 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

But its a 750 Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

S1KE
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 20 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:32 - 13 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a set of zxr400 restrictor washers, I lent them to one of binges mates jim, Dambuster off here, he should still have them....
____________________
random twat!
* xbox live mickeyc26
* zx6r b1h 2004 GREEN !
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord



Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:14 - 13 May 2009    Post subject: Re: FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUUUCKKK!!!!! Reply with quote

Damz wrote:

i never have time to think, i just let out a girly scream


Pffft. I just about get time to pinch off a wee rosebud, before realising that I'm going to be OK, and I've just soiled myself again.
____________________
'10 SV650SF, '83 GS650GT (it lives!), Questionable DIY dash project, 3D Printer project, Lasercutter project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

swanny
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 05 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:08 - 14 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a smart idea.. get a 750 cc bike.. pretend its restricted ..

theres a reason they restrict you ya know..


basically your risking yourself.. riding with no insurance..


and your potentially risking other peoples lives !

i hope you get pulled up by police and royally buggered... becasue thats what people riding without insurance deserve..



just to add.. ive got a zxr750.. ive been pulled up for random checks 4 times this month..
____________________
M SWANNY.. see a sig !
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:57 - 14 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

What has this to do with the act of fvcking? I hope you haven't been abusing your motorcycle.

Anyways, drill a hole in the top of the throttle holder and stick a bolt in so the throttle can't twist open very far, if you are desperate for a "restriction"?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 149 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.12 Sec - Server Load: 1.43 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 119.86 Kb