 crees Borekit Bruiser
Joined: 27 Apr 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:58 - 16 May 2009 Post subject: The Piaggio Zip 4t 50cc |
 |
|
I've been using a Suzuki EN125 to get around on for the last two years but as I need to renew my CBT, insurance etc., I've decided to look into just buying a moped as I have a full car license.
I live in a city and tbh the geared EN 125 was nothing but a pain in the arse, I ended up wishing I'd bought a twist and go as the traffic is terrible.
I've been looking at the piaggio zip 4t which is now a four stroke. I've had a 2 stroke zip in the past and found it fine for city riding but as I'm an older (41) rider and have the weight to go with it (approx 15 stone) I'm wondering if the four stroke zip will move with me aboard. Any idea of maximum rider weight?
This is all bare basics practical transport I'm interested in, just need to get from A to B for the cheapest possible price. As I have a car license it shaves another £100 off the bill having to take a CBT to ride a 100 or 125 scooter.
Does anyone have any experience with the new 4 stroke zip? How is it in comparison with the old 2 stroke version in terms of acceleration. I belive its got room for a pillion, I'm guessing with my full licence I could take the kids for spins
Please bear in mind that I dont want to buy a Bandit and I'm quite happy with 30mph, it's just the acceleration on a 4 stroke moped that concerns me the most.
If I do buy one and it's too slow for safety could it be derestriced like the two stroke? |
|
 BenR World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jun 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:02 - 16 May 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
The 2stroke version would be better as you can derestrict them (takes them up to 42mph). They will be a lot easier to work on as well.  ____________________ Current bikes: suzuki RG125UN wolf. Yamaha MT-07 |
|