Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Bike Trader site - do stupid scammers use it like on ebay?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

apple tango
Crazy Courier



Joined: 03 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:49 - 19 May 2009    Post subject: Bike Trader site - do stupid scammers use it like on ebay? Reply with quote

Put my bike up on Bike Trader last night. This morning i received the following email -

'Hello,I am much interested in buying the Bike so kindly get back to me with the present condition of the bike and the last offer has well. Await to hear from you soonest

Regards

Nicoile'

I assume this is one of them annoying fuckers like on ebay, and not just a retard who can't speak/type English very well?
____________________
CBR125 -> Bandit GSF600 '99 -> SV650 02
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:51 - 19 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scammers will use any website they think they can scam through.
____________________
Fallen Angel "Nae sniffing my seat now!!!!! "
www.cliqueycuntsmcc.co.uk
I AM NOT A FAST RIDER!!!!!!!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

apple tango
Crazy Courier



Joined: 03 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:57 - 19 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It gets on my tits.

What can i reply with to annoy him back, any ideas?
____________________
CBR125 -> Bandit GSF600 '99 -> SV650 02
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ant132
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:59 - 19 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a scam but aren't alot of Polish people buying up bikes from the UK? Or possibly Europeans taking advatage of the exchange rate?

Approach with caution but just saying it 'might' not be a scam Thumbs Up
____________________
1980 Suzuki TS50 ~ 1984 Honda CB400N ~ 1992 Triumph Trident ~ 1998 Suzuki Bandit 1200
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:06 - 19 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Hello,I am much interested in selling the Bike so kindly get back to me with the condition you expect of the bike and the last offer you will make has well. Await to hear from you soonest

FTW
____________________
Fallen Angel "Nae sniffing my seat now!!!!! "
www.cliqueycuntsmcc.co.uk
I AM NOT A FAST RIDER!!!!!!!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

apple tango
Crazy Courier



Joined: 03 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:08 - 19 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwaker6r wrote:
'Hello,I am much interested in selling the Bike so kindly get back to me with the condition you expect of the bike and the last offer you will make has well. Await to hear from you soonest

FTW


Mr. Green

I'll try that.
____________________
CBR125 -> Bandit GSF600 '99 -> SV650 02
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Faldo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:26 - 19 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bike Trader site - do stupid scammers use it like on ebay?


Yes, yes they do. If someone is serious about buying they will call and ask real questions. Makes you wonder if anyone still actually falls for this shit? Some must otherwise surely the scammers would no longer bother.

https://www.e4.com/media/5F5C19BB-A6ED-4F31-BE34-BA6A137274E4_extra.jpg
____________________
Current: ZZR1400
Previous: ZXR 400 L9, ZX-7R P5, ZZR 400, ZX-7R P6, Bandit 600, GSXR 750 Slingshot, DRZ400, DR650, ZX10R C1H, ZXR 750 L1, ZXR 750 L3, '99 ZX7R P4, KTM 300 EXC, ZX-9R E1, TDM850
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

apple tango
Crazy Courier



Joined: 03 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:20 - 19 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i replied to the muppet with what kwaker6r suggested and i got this reply -

'Hello,
Thanks for the email.I am still interested and to let you know that I am willing to pay the £1250 will like you to know that i am unable to make a call right now because of the area i am.

Right now I'm out of town on a business trip to Lyn Oslo,though you don't have to worry about payment and pick up,I'll handle that.Pls consider it sold to me and pls don't entertain any other offers.This will be similar to a local pickup.

As for payment,I will instruct my accountant to issue you a Cheque of £4,000 as i am not in the UK at the moment.Once you get the Cheque kindly cash it and then wire the excess funds to my shipper via western union after deducting your £1250 and an extra £100 i am offering you as dash for keeping it down for my shipper.Let me know if i can trust you in wiring the excess funds to my shipper the same day you cash the Cheque.Note: My shipper will be picking up some other Automobiles for me in the UK,including these i am buying from you,so this is why his shipping fee is that much.This way you will be free from shipping hustles and stress, as my shipper will come over to your place for collection once he receives the funds so if you are okay with this way of arrangement, PS mail me your full details such as your:

1)Full Names (how it should appear on check)
2)Postal address
3)Phone number)

I will be awaiting these details so that my client can send you the payment.Hope to hearfrom you soon and have a nice day.
regards,
Nicoile'

Yeah...sounds great Nicoile Rolling Eyes
____________________
CBR125 -> Bandit GSF600 '99 -> SV650 02
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

AngelGrinder
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:38 - 19 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said, that is obviously a scam, but don't dismiss things from foreigners, they are taking advantage of the exchange rate, and also the Polish are buying hundreds and hundreds of bikes, they've had about 4 from me, each one was the easiest sale ever, no test rides, no haggling...they check the log book and VIN numbers, give you the money and dissapear. Thumbs Up

(Just trying to do my part disspelling the bad words/rumours of some overseas buyers!
____________________
Currently Riding - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000 Mille
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

apple tango
Crazy Courier



Joined: 03 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:55 - 19 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, i just had a call from a non-english speaking gentleman (wasn't a polish guy). He began by asking me similar questions to the first email i received from my friend Nicoile, such as "can you tell me the current condition of the bike, like the engine, or if there are any scratches".

He tried to haggle me down on the price over the phone. I asked if he'd like to come and view it first, which he replid he'll call me back.

Numpty or genuine?!
____________________
CBR125 -> Bandit GSF600 '99 -> SV650 02
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:09 - 19 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

apple tango wrote:
Hmm, i just had a call from a non-english speaking gentleman (wasn't a polish guy). He began by asking me similar questions to the first email i received from my friend Nicoile, such as "can you tell me the current condition of the bike, like the engine, or if there are any scratches".

He tried to haggle me down on the price over the phone. I asked if he'd like to come and view it first, which he replid he'll call me back.

Numpty or genuine?!


Find out when he calls back. If he comes to view it, he's genuine, if not it's a scam.

Are you going to ask the same question for every enquiry you get?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:46 - 19 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

apple tango wrote:
He tried to haggle me down on the price over the phone. I asked if he'd like to come and view it first, which he replid he'll call me back.

Numpty or genuine?!


Just tell him you have already had a offer of a 4K cheque Laughing

At the moment i would never take a cheque.....
____________________
Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

gavcarter
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 28 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:28 - 20 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you answer the phone say "if your wasting my time hang up now and stand in the naughty corner!" its amazing how long your bike will be in the mag!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kwaks
I'm not a fast rider



Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:37 - 20 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Hello,
Thanks for the email.I am still interested and to let you know that I am willing to accept the £1250 .

I am glad to hear you are financially in business with Lyn Oslo, and are visiting that club. I am a long term follower of Norwegian Football and would appreciate if you could obtain some autographs for me whilst you are there. Will you have time to watch them play? Are you a football agent?? I consider it sold to you and will not don't entertain any other offers. As we now have a legal and binding contract I know you cannot back out without losing all of your wordly possesions and ruining your good family name resulting in you having to become my gimp for the rest of your (potentially interesting) life.

As for payment,I will accept from your accountant a Cheque of £4,000 as i am in the UK at the moment.Once I get the Cheque and kindly cash it and then wire the excess funds to your shipper via western union after deducting my £1250 and an extra £100 i am accepting as dash for keeping it down for my shipper.I will let you know you can trust me in wiring the excess funds to my shipper the 3 months after I cash the Cheque(I am sure you are now aware due to the financial crisis banks in the UK take 3 months to cash cheques) . My details are:

1)Hugh Jarse
2)Windsor Castle, Windsor, SL4 1NJ
3)020 7601 2222

I am sending these details so that your client can send me the payment.Hope to hearfrom you soon and have a nice day.
regards,
Rt Hon Hugh Jarse


Wink tel number is the fraud squad Laughing
____________________
Fallen Angel "Nae sniffing my seat now!!!!! "
www.cliqueycuntsmcc.co.uk
I AM NOT A FAST RIDER!!!!!!!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LankyPaddy
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:39 - 20 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask for a photo of the cheque with a loaf of bread to ensure its authenticity.
____________________
Say, do you have any Gatorade? I'm afraid I left all my electrolytes with your daughter.
Current bike: SV650S K8
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:57 - 20 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called money laundering. I have had it offered to me before. One time I even got a cheque for £2500 in the post. I was chuffed for 1/2 a second before I realised.

It means when they (popo) trace the missing money it goes to you and it ends there. All you have is an email address. You will have to pay back what you got for the bike as its stolen money and then your fucked unless they believe you.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MrRoper
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 02 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:41 - 22 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.419eater.com/

enough said
____________________
CBR600F

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 144 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 3.9 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 97.55 Kb