Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Sixty quid fine, three points...Bastard !!! Heads Up...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:16 - 21 May 2009    Post subject: Sixty quid fine, three points...Bastard !!! Heads Up... Reply with quote

Between Stone Cross and Walsall on Walsall Rd if anyone knows it as a heads up...

Just under the motorway bridge there's about twenty police, I think they're training up some new ones as the bloke that spoke to me was about twelve...

They're getting people as the come round the corner from the lights going into Walsall, a copper flagged down a car just in front of me I thought great I'm ok then he flagged me in aswell, " Bastard " was the first thing to go through my head, as I was dissmounting the bike he came over and showed me the reading, 52 in a 40, got given as above, sixty quid fine and three points ( have to watch that now as I only passed in December last year ) and a producer...

They also pulled in a K3/4 Gixxer aswell, blue and white, don't know how he got on though and a few cars...

Lesson learned ( still stings like a bastard though )...

So yeah, heads up...
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

cLaTTeReD
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:21 - 21 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know the area - what a bunch of wankers

entrapment Evil or Very Mad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:23 - 21 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

cLaTTeReD wrote:
entrapment Evil or Very Mad


How's that then? It's not like they enticed him to speed is it.
____________________
If you dont like the way that I ride.......Stop trying to keep up!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:26 - 21 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a sweeping left hander, couldn't see them untill I'd gone round it tbh, still my fault at the end of the day...
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

cLaTTeReD
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:58 - 21 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

gsxrmick wrote:
cLaTTeReD wrote:
entrapment Evil or Very Mad


How's that then? It's not like they enticed him to speed is it.


because they were hiding in a place where they know people cant see them and may be breaking the speed limit

like yesterday i saw a copper car in a layby parked behind a transit van, totally out of sight until you went past.

maybe entrapment was the wrong word but you know what i meant you are just being pedantic

thanks
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mark65
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:10 - 21 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note you are an easy target, what has always pissed me off is drink drivers i mean pubs have got car parks so you can have a drink but how often do you see police pulling everyone outside a pub and breathalysing them, nope cause a copper told me its not something they do, its far easier to screw the motorist in car or on bike. Typical coppers hiding waiting for the easy target to boost there crime figures. small rant over Wink

Mark
____________________
07 Yamaha YBR125, 07 Honda CG125 , 15 CBR300R (Chocolate Crank, Deaded), 16 CB500FA, 19 Honda Forza 300, 70 Suzuki SV650
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Paulington
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:16 - 21 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you should say that, I got pulled last night (~10pm ish) going along the road near my house doing 35mph in a 30 zone.

Immediate thought was also: BASTARDS! Wink I thought here we go, heading for three points if they don't notice that my bike is a 50cc and that I'm breaking the law that way.

Turns out they just thought my bike was stolen! They sat me in the back, checked I was the owner, told me to slow down a bit and sent me on my merry way, even though I told them it was a 50cc, plenty of "Nice bike." from the Coppers though. Counting myself lucky.

They're not all bad. Thumbs Up

They do what they did to you around my way too, a road they sit at the end where transits park regularly and get you as you approach. Sad
____________________
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
Current Vehicles: '89 Kawasaki KDX200, '99 Yamaha XV535, '00 Honda ST1100 Pan-European, '08 Suzuki GSX-R1000, '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GS4 2.0 TDCi, '15 BMW 1 Series 116d Sport Turbo.
CBT: 27/08/08. Theory: 04/09/09. Module 1: 16/09/09. Module 2: 01/10/09.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:19 - 21 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon I'd have just got a kick up the arse if they hadn't been training new Po Po up tbh...As the 12 year old gave me the slip of paper another copper checked it first so I'm assuming they're being trained anyway...
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

zx6rnigel
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 15 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:50 - 21 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a huge gathering of police along the A507 - Bedfordshire, this morning luckily i was in my car ..

Dont know if its a country wide thing?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mark65
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:00 - 21 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good result, but theres no consistancy with them if he had a row with his missus that morning you may have had a different result.
Ive had them call me sir and speak to me like i was there best m8 and others have spoke to me like i was a piece of shit.
I will never trust a copper. Rolling Eyes

Mark
____________________
07 Yamaha YBR125, 07 Honda CG125 , 15 CBR300R (Chocolate Crank, Deaded), 16 CB500FA, 19 Honda Forza 300, 70 Suzuki SV650
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:03 - 21 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst the 12 year old walked off with my license the other copper was chatting about his bike and how I was finding the Thou...
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Feasty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:17 - 21 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is why I could never ever be a copper. I thought about it once but then realised I could never be so hypocrytical as to be speeding on my bike one day, then handing out tickets to speeding bikers the next.
And when I say speeding I mean a possible 5-10mph over the limit when it's safe to do so... Rolling Eyes
____________________
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

riichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:32 - 21 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

beanfeast wrote:
I think this is why I could never ever be a copper. I thought about it once but then realised I could never be so hypocrytical as to be speeding on my bike one day, then handing out tickets to speeding bikers the next.
And when I say speeding I mean a possible 5-10mph over the limit when it's safe to do so... Rolling Eyes




HORLICKS works wonders Mr. Green joking Wink


seriously though unlucky it happens to the best of us...
____________________
.......... PLOD ............ zx636 2004
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yuri2085
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:37 - 21 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not illegal but its strongly advised against in the guidlines, so if you see a officer obviously hiding out of view then you can report them; get them a bollocking (or their boss a bollocking) and it might change their tactics.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:05 - 21 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a school of thought that says if you couldn't slow down in time when you see a policeman in a hi-viz vest with a speed camera in the road ahead, your obs were not good enough to be doing that sort of speed under those conditions.

On the basis that if it was some other hazard, you would have had an accident.

If I understand your decription, looks like a fairly straight piece of road to me so to fail to see twenty coppers in time to slow down, you were going too bloody fast.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

s44678
Guest





PostPosted: 21:11 - 21 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulington wrote:
Funny you should say that, I got pulled last night (~10pm ish) going along the road near my house doing 35mph in a 30 zone.

Immediate thought was also: BASTARDS! Wink I thought here we go, heading for three points if they don't notice that my bike is a 50cc and that I'm breaking the law that way.


Good job you weren't giving it full beans. 75mph in a 30 would be an instant ban.
 Back to top
You must be logged in to rate posts

Faldo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:13 - 21 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSR-AD wrote:
I reckon I'd have just got a kick up the arse if they hadn't been training new Po Po up tbh...As the 12 year old gave me the slip of paper another copper checked it first so I'm assuming they're being trained anyway...


I think you're right there. I've been pulled for 52mph in a 30mph zone before and sent on my merry way (until he saw the 7x2 number plate and slapped me with a £30 fine for that).
____________________
Current: ZZR1400
Previous: ZXR 400 L9, ZX-7R P5, ZZR 400, ZX-7R P6, Bandit 600, GSXR 750 Slingshot, DRZ400, DR650, ZX10R C1H, ZXR 750 L1, ZXR 750 L3, '99 ZX7R P4, KTM 300 EXC, ZX-9R E1, TDM850
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Paulington
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:22 - 21 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

skluff wrote:
Paulington wrote:
Funny you should say that, I got pulled last night (~10pm ish) going along the road near my house doing 35mph in a 30 zone.

Immediate thought was also: BASTARDS! Wink I thought here we go, heading for three points if they don't notice that my bike is a 50cc and that I'm breaking the law that way.


Good job you weren't giving it full beans. 75mph in a 30 would be an instant ban.

Actually I usually cruise along at 45ish on that road as it is fairly quiet and very open so easy to see along, however there was a car in front of me this time around. Thumbs Up
____________________
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
Current Vehicles: '89 Kawasaki KDX200, '99 Yamaha XV535, '00 Honda ST1100 Pan-European, '08 Suzuki GSX-R1000, '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GS4 2.0 TDCi, '15 BMW 1 Series 116d Sport Turbo.
CBT: 27/08/08. Theory: 04/09/09. Module 1: 16/09/09. Module 2: 01/10/09.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:38 - 21 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
There is a school of thought that says if you couldn't slow down in time when you see a policeman in a hi-viz vest with a speed camera in the road ahead, your obs were not good enough to be doing that sort of speed under those conditions.

If I understand your decription, looks like a fairly straight piece of road to me so to fail to see twenty coppers in time to slow down, you were going too bloody fast.


As you pull away from the lights and look slightly to your left there are shrubs obscuring the view to your left, could be some railings aswell thinking about it , follow an imginary line behind those shrubs there's a gate that gives access to the pillars of the motorway, they'd parked the vans in there and the copper, thinking back now, was on my right side along side the pillars in the middle of the dual carrige way, I saw the Hi Viz vests and thought they were work crew and started to slow down, then I saw the bloke with the gun step off the right side of the road, the rest you know...

I was also looking in my mirrors as there was a cock that'd followed me down the road constantly reving his engine between the two sets of speed cameras and down to the lights, he must have seen the coppers before me while I was looking at him and slowed down himself...

To look at an aerial view you can't see what I'm on about, you'd need to travel the road to see it...


Not arguing the point, I was caught over the limit end of story...
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:49 - 22 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair do's.

As you say, You only get a limited impression from the overhead view.

I've only been stopped twice by coppers with radar guns. The first time I was quick on the brakes, saw him well ahead of time and had slowed down enough by the time I was pulled to be confident enough to give him a load of cheek.

The second time I was stopped fair and square doing double the speed limit. They let me off, pretty much because I managed to stop before I got to them. He said as much in that he was expecting to have to walk down the road to dispense a bollocking along the lines of "What if I'd been a pedestrian?". First words out of his mouth were "Well done for stopping in that distance.".
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:53 - 22 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

First words out of his mouth were "Well done for stopping in that distance.".


Fair play on that one... Laughing


Like I say if there'd have just been the two of them that spoke to me I reckon I'd have just got a kick up the arse but seeing as they were training new people up they'd got to make an example, still a Bastard though...

The only thing the one asked me about was the blue lights at the front of the bike, I just said I have no idea if they're blue as I don't look at the front, I switched them one and said " Oh they're just parking lights, and they were on the bike when I bought it " ( which they were ) and he didn't say anything else...

Will take my documents up the station later, I'm going to try and get a reciept for what they take because if they send it to DVLA I don't want them losing my entitlements like I've read about on here, them I'm assuming I let my Insurance know ?...
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:05 - 22 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't send them in to the DVLA. It normally goes to the clerk of the local court who scribbles the points on the paper counterpart licence with blue biro then sends it back to you.

Just check they put the correct offence code in, they sometimes get it wrong and it can make a difference when it comes to insurance. You ought to have an SP30 (Exceeding statuatory speed limit). They sometimes put in an SP60 (Miscellaneous speed limit offence) which is wrong and carries a higher weighting on the insurance.

Tell your insurance as soon as you get the points.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:21 - 22 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offence code says it's a ' 920 ' ?...

Although I think that's to do with the camera itself looking on Google...The slip says ' Excessive speed in a fourty '...

Also I've ust checked on my policy and it says that because I'm part way through a policy I only have to tell them when it's due for renewal...Sound Right ?...
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 143 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.12 Sec - Server Load: 4.91 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 124.73 Kb