Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Poker run

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Skeniver
Nova Slayer



Joined: 30 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:44 - 29 May 2009    Post subject: Poker run Reply with quote

Hi there

I was wondering if anyone from the Canterbury area is going along to the Poker run tomorrow? My one friend has bailed on me on account of having a baby (pathetic, I know)... and it would be nicer to do it not alone...?

Anyone??

Thanks,
Neil
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Acemastr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:54 - 29 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poker in the back, Liqueur in the front?
____________________
2017 KTM 350 XC-F - 2014 Yamaha R6 - 2005 Yamaha YZ125
2016 Toyota Tacoma Limited
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Skeniver
Nova Slayer



Joined: 30 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:58 - 29 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do love the Last Chance Saloon...

But no, the Poker run held by Norsemen MCC

https://www.norsemen.co.uk/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

robbieguy2003
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:20 - 29 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

I'll be going but I live in Hastings so prob not starting at the same stop as you.

I have to do it as i've not missed one poker run since it started and the mcc are a good bunch.

I'll be on Black/Blue/White CBR600RR (Plate starts GU07) with Black Leathers and DarkBlue Lid. Give us a shout if you see me Thumbs Up
____________________
Current Bikes: Honda CBR 600RR - '07, Suzuki GSX1250 FA ST '11
Old Bikes: Suzuki Intruder 125 LC - '2001, Honda CBR 600F - '92, Honda CBR 600RR - '03
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skeniver
Nova Slayer



Joined: 30 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:27 - 29 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey robbie

I will keep an eye out. I am gonna start from the stop just past Rye. I will be on a blue and white, Rothmans painted VFR 400 (you can only really tell by the single sided swingarm), a blue jacket and yellow lid.

See you along the way...?

(nice bike btw, will be upgrading when I can (when I win the lotto prolly))
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

robbieguy2003
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:35 - 29 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, do you mean the Lodge at Winchelsea? If so thats prob where I'll be starting.

I'll keep and eye out for you, the VFR400s are nice bikes.

I like the 600rr, always have. I was tempted by the blade recently but still more than happy with mine.
____________________
Current Bikes: Honda CBR 600RR - '07, Suzuki GSX1250 FA ST '11
Old Bikes: Suzuki Intruder 125 LC - '2001, Honda CBR 600F - '92, Honda CBR 600RR - '03
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skeniver
Nova Slayer



Joined: 30 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:43 - 29 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, at The Lodge.

What time do you reckon you might start? I was probably gonna try get there about 11h00, but will see how the morning goes...

It is a nice bike. Good to ride and real reliable. But with the race fairing there is no place for the mrs. And I would like to upgrade to summin bigger.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

robbieguy2003
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:47 - 29 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I was looking at between 10 and 11. Still trying to work out if some stragglers are coming along but wont know until tonight now.

If I can't get in touch with that lot, then it'll prob be around the same time as you.

As long as you can have fun on your bike then its top notch, See what you mean about getting the misses on the back though, the rear seats on the RR are a bit of a sick joke really though, tbh I think you could report Honda to trading standards for calling it a seat Very Happy
____________________
Current Bikes: Honda CBR 600RR - '07, Suzuki GSX1250 FA ST '11
Old Bikes: Suzuki Intruder 125 LC - '2001, Honda CBR 600F - '92, Honda CBR 600RR - '03
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skeniver
Nova Slayer



Joined: 30 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:54 - 29 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, the point of riding a bike is for the fun of it!

Well I will aim for about 11h00, give or take... and maybe we check you there! If not have a ball!

Are you doing the partying/camping bit as well?

Again, would have liked to do both, but would have to include mrs Skeniver
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

robbieguy2003
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:05 - 29 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep totally agree.

Ok, if i spot you I'll give you a shout, have a good run though if we miss each other.

Im not doing the camping/party bit as its my Birthday next week but celebrating it this Saturday night so off into the local then town with a few mates Very Happy

All in all should turn out to be a top day!
____________________
Current Bikes: Honda CBR 600RR - '07, Suzuki GSX1250 FA ST '11
Old Bikes: Suzuki Intruder 125 LC - '2001, Honda CBR 600F - '92, Honda CBR 600RR - '03
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 130 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.02 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 65.5 Kb