Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Vista service pack 2

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:58 - 31 May 2009    Post subject: Vista service pack 2 Reply with quote

Just installed it and it's freed up 30gb of space. Neutral Everything seems to be working quicker too. We'll see if it's any good or not over the next few days I guess.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:43 - 31 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen it on windows update? Although I've been jammed on the same ie7 update for about a month now and I cannot install it as it always fails :/.
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:44 - 31 May 2009    Post subject: Re: Vista service pack 2 Reply with quote

flip wrote:
Just installed it and it's freed up 30gb of space. Neutral Everything seems to be working quicker too. We'll see if it's any good or not over the next few days I guess.


Not noticed a difference here apart from Windows Live needed reinstalling as it stopped working when I installed SP2 yesterday.
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:57 - 31 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was on my update thingy.

https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=a4dd31d5-f907-4406-9012-a5c3199ea2b3

Everything is working quicker for me although I think something I installed along the line slowed it down. WMP is instant again. Woohoo! Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:09 - 31 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

flip wrote:
It was on my update thingy.

https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=a4dd31d5-f907-4406-9012-a5c3199ea2b3

Everything is working quicker for me although I think something I installed along the line slowed it down. WMP is instant again. Woohoo! Cool


So it is! Never use that as it was slow, just tried it and it has no delay now.

Mine was on auto update yesterday morning BTW.
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:31 - 31 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people are reporting saved space. I think one of their earlier updates f*cked something.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:39 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it installed on my PC at last, saved about 20gig, however I lost 2gig on my laptop. So not total space loss..
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 119 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 2.34 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 52.76 Kb