Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Today I did see...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:52 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Today I did see... Reply with quote

An R6 rider wearing a t-shirt with a high-vis vest over it. Laughing
Some people have the best priorities. I was personally clad in full textile gear, sweating my manboobs off.
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:53 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: Today I did see... Reply with quote

Muzza wrote:
I was personally clad in full textile gear, sweating my manboobs off.


https://www.pyromosh.org/images/bbs/have_a_cookie.gif
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:04 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't accept that cookie knowing I didn't have my sam brown belt on.
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dicko
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:12 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw someone in town riding a sports bike wearing shorts, tshirt and flip flops. Rolling Eyes
____________________
Honestly officer I didnt do it !!!
Current Bike CBR900RR2 FIREBLADE
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:13 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

He most probably needed the hi-vis for work.
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Tristan.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:15 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems sensible to me... He trusts his own riding sufficiently to ride unprotected but worries about other road users so wears the hi vis.

I spent the day riding round in shorts, rigger boots and an open face lid Thumbs Up

[edit] dont worry, tommorow I'll wear this
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

R6jonny
Nearly there...



Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:20 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode 20 miles today in full leathers, sweated my arse off. The SP1 funnels the heat onto me, i had a rucksack full of gear weighing about 15kgs

I went into the bank and stood in line for 10 minutes with no A/C to pay money in.

Then i went and changed into shorts and t-shirt to ride to halfords.

I know what i preferred.
____________________
Honda NSR125 - Yamaha R6 - Ducati 748 - Suzuki GSXR750K6/GSXR1000K7/GSXR750K8 - Ducati 848 - Honda SP1 - Triumph Daytona 675
"simply because she is a female and is thus her actions largely make no sense whatsoever by default"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:25 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan the wrote:
seems sensible to me... He trusts his own riding sufficiently to ride unprotected but worries about other road users so wears the hi vis.


If he didn't trust other road users, a hi-vis is not enough for the truly idiotic.
I don't think anything of people in no gear bar helmet, but the bothering to stick a hi-vis on bemused me. Perhaps geri was right about it being for work.
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Scouse
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:30 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went out in jumper and jeans, usually do 90% of the time.

OH NOES!!!!!11!!!11!!!11111!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:35 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brick Wall I'm not trying to be a safety nazi, I only pointed it out because of the hi-vis vest. I sometimes wear jeans and trainers, but if I went out in nothing but helmet, I wouldn't have the flawed priority of sticking a hi-vis on.
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Scouse
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:39 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muzza wrote:
Brick Wall I'm not trying to be a safety nazi, I only pointed it out because of the hi-vis vest. I sometimes wear jeans and trainers, but if I went out in nothing but helmet, I wouldn't have the flawed priority of sticking a hi-vis on.


Probably on his dinner break or heading home from work. Who gives a f*ck? Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tristan.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:41 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but why is it flawed. Protective gear helps if you crash/are crashed into, a hi viz makes it less likely you'll be crashed into.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:42 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being an unemployed student that never occurred to me at first Laughing .
The whole week is my weekend and I see it as such. Busy traffic when I got back around 5 though, must have been some special weekend event everyone was in town for.
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:45 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan the wrote:
Yeah but why is it flawed. Protective gear helps if you crash/are crashed into, a hi viz makes it less likely you'll be crashed into.


Whether or not it matters, my opinion is still as it was last time you said this 6 posts ago.

Edit: I will reiterate; Unnatentive people are unnatentive, yellow hi-vis vests are commonplace now and are phased out of people's minds when they are dawdling along. If someone's blind enough not to see you, the hi-vis probably won't help.
Now, in relation to the person who believes they are a good enough rider, but the hi-vis is for the other road users they don't trust. If I don't trust other road users, I still don't trust other road users when I wear my hi-vis vest, and as I obviously care for myself in some capacity in wearing said vest, I would logically protect myself further, should I be hit by an unnatentive road user.

TL;DR: Blah Blah Blah
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.


Last edited by The Original Muzza on 19:51 - 01 Jun 2009; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

keggyhander
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:49 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: Today I did see... Reply with quote

Muzza wrote:
I was personally clad in full textile gear


https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/keggyhander/pouch.jpg


Last edited by keggyhander on 19:51 - 01 Jun 2009; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:51 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: Today I did see... Reply with quote

keggyhander wrote:
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/keggyhander/pouch.jpg[/size]


Why is it?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:53 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely jeans & jacket weather now.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:54 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHR15 wrote:
lol, maybe it was a kevlar high vis jacket.

i was out today in shorts, trainers, a t-shirt with a textile jacket over the top, gloves, helmet and of course my uber-cool iridium sunglasses.

i dont care whats on the bottom half, but i wont go out with out a jacket and gloves, no matter what the weather.


Nope, no sleevies. Laughing

Maybe it was a kevlar high vis vest. Or t-shirt? At the very least his socks were polyaramid primark ones.
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MaybeGuy
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:55 - 01 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

how small is that guys package?

yes i was looking.
____________________
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:02 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsprattuk wrote:
how small is that guys package?

yes i was looking.
..either its tucked under and half way up his back or he's bummed it to a stump.

Pat
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TheDonUK
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:00 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

out of interest i wonder how your chances of having an accident (being hit or stacking it) change when in shorts and a t-shirt compared to full unvented leathers on a hot day.

Would the beach hero be more risk aware due to the lack of protection? would the guy in full leathers have his consentration affected by the heat?
____________________
[Current Bikes - GSXR-750 K5 & C90-97 ] [Previous Bikes: Runner 125, YBR 125, GS500, Bandit 600, Hornet 600, ZX6R-99, C90-99, R1-99, XT600E-04, GSXR-750 K4, CRF250L '16]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

s44678
Guest





PostPosted: 10:23 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I t-shirt and jeans it up when I'm going down the beach. Gloves as well though.

I barely go above 30 anyway, so I just see it like riding a 120hp scooter. And I wouldn't wear any protective gear on a scooter (other than gloves).

Done full leathers before to the beach and never again. The worst bit is putting them back on. I'd left them with the bike so they were fookin boiling when I put them back on. Almost too hot to touch. I was already hot enough, I nearly passed out putting them on. Then the whole ride home was uncomfortable and I was dangerously distracted by the sand in my hot, sweaty, scruttock.
 Back to top
You must be logged in to rate posts

neil.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:47 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the hot weather, I am going to ride with one of these on (plus a helmet of course):

https://warisboring.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/borat-mankini-62408-1.jpg
____________________
CBT February 2008 | A2 June 2008 | Yamaha YBR125 (written off) | Honda CBF125 (current)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:31 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wore full leathers to ride to work this morning, purely because it was my first time on the bike in 6 weeks and I wanted to protect my legs in case I spazzed the clutch. Rolling Eyes

Fuck that shit, I cooked all the way and it took me ages to get changed at work! Sad

Shorts, summer gloves and knackered old draughty leather jacket tomorrow I think. Thumbs Up Wink
____________________
CBR125|||GSXR400|||CBR400|||CBR400|||CB250RS|||GSXR750|||CB250RS Mr. Green
"You're clumsy, you eat too much and you behave like a 12 year old boy. But you know what? Every once in a while, you find a thumb."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 123 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.65 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 126.23 Kb