Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


an apology

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

andyscooter
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:33 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: an apology Reply with quote

from me to you lot

after reading more of your posts i realise most of you are all weather riders

and not the power ranger/weekend rossi's i first thought
after a bad day at work i got home and went online
i got a link through another forum and saw people having a go at scooter riders

i shouldn't of jumped to conclusions and ranted on here the way i did

but still dont like power rangers who think they are it

also dont like some trad scoot riders cos they also think we are not good enough
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lllN30lll
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:36 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

never heard of you TBH. Laughing

but I'm an all weather rider, even on my gsxr, bit of rain/snow doesn't bother me
____________________
Turbo R1
CRF450R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Stelmer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:43 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, most of us lot aren't fond of the Power Ranger Brigade (Posers)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:04 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon my MZ does most things better than your maxi does, and it doesn't have an engine attached to the swinging arm!

Dude, any person who comes on here and commences with a rant about biker 'types' gets stamped on. Its not personal, just don't act like a cock! Thumbs Up Smile
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord



Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:57 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair play dude. Apologies in return for any personal offence caused: I, too had had a long day, and it did rather seem like a troll.
____________________
'10 SV650SF, '83 GS650GT (it lives!), Questionable DIY dash project, 3D Printer project, Lasercutter project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The View Askew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:06 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't see the dispute, but yeah the forum hates fair weatherers.



In my opinion, I would rather they ride fair weather than not ride at all, riding is something to be enjoyed by everyone, and I delight in others taking the opportunity to enjoy it, just as I do with driving a car.


But when comparing hardcore all yearers to them, they are wets clearly in terms of biking spirit, which I believe is what is in question during disputes.


Again for my part, I used to ride literally in any weather all year, because I could not bear to be apart from my bike on my journeys.
Now for practical and car pooling reasons I drive a car to work, and the bike comes out when I have time outside of work for my bit of pleasure, if that is in the sunshine all the better, if it's raining, straight on with the knobblies and into the woods.
____________________
"Do what you always did, get what you always got"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:36 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a scooter, it was the ideal commuter gilera runner 180 2 stroke, i still miss it.

Nowadays when I park a bike at the front I lock it to a lamp post and can still have it on my property, as there is a lamp post next to my front gateway

If only I had thought of this while I had the scooter.

Bastard thieves. Worst bit is it wasnt insured against theft.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Omega
Crazy Courier



Joined: 07 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:37 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul_Trader wrote:
Didn't see the dispute, but yeah the forum hates fair weatherers.


Speak for yourself. I've got nothing against fair weather riders.

Rick
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

KevTM
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:57 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of fair wetherers and power ranger types have shiny new metal and I can understand why they don't want to go out in crappy weather.. they could get another bike of course but they'd lose poser points so yey & nae.. they don't bother me until they they're up yer shuck pulling silly fast undertakes on you - I can only imagine that there must be a '2 for the price of 1' sale on some helmet polish & iridium visors at where they're heading to.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

s44678
Guest





PostPosted: 22:28 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to add that I am pretty much the definition of a fair weather rider.

Rain doesn't bother me that much if I'm already out, but If it's pissing down I really can't be bothered to get geared up and go for a ride. Many other things I can be doing other than getting wet and cold and possibly falling off a motorbike thanks.

Riding a bike is like a hobby for me, and like with most people and their hobbies; I do it when it suits me and I will get maximum enjoyment out of it. That usually means doing it in nice (i.e. not pissing down or freezing) weather.

I personally don't see what this obsession with riding in all weathers is all about. The militant, all-weather commitment to the biking 'cause' is admirable, but it's not for everyone. If you HAVE to commute in all weathers then you probably feel like the world owes you some sort of plaudit for 'sticking it out' when some days you just wish you had a bloody car.

Everyone has their little superiority complex usually based around the type of bike they ride, or the riding they do. Riding in all weathers doesn't make you 'holier than thou' it just makes you a piece of the big puzzle that makes up the wider biking community. Biking wouldn't be the same without you, but you aren't the be all and and end all. Get off your high horse.

Berate me as you see fit, but this is my opinion.
 Back to top
You must be logged in to rate posts

MaybeGuy
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:34 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

link to the thread you got your link from?

also.
apologies are for queers.
queer
____________________
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:43 - 02 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seconded, lets see them raving about the 'power rangers' Laughing

To be honest, my bike looks like a shed, I never clean it, and I rarely wear my leathers.

I'm just happy to go everywhere at high speed and assert my effortless superiority Cool Laughing

Oh and Omega, you've obviously not done the A5 on a nice day. Hordes of brand spanking new R1's/Gixxers being wobbled around corners slowly and repeated aborted attempts to overtake cars.

Gets a bit dicey until you manage to get past the sods.

Lowest of the low are the guys with next to no bollocks who buy expensive beautiful bikes, wobble to bike meets in third gear in their £1000 one piece leathers, park up and talk stats at anyone who'll listen before wobbling home Rolling Eyes
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

L-Jam
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:04 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
apologies are for queers.
queer


Seconded.

Bumder.

Well done and all that though, on riding a scooter and still believing you have a penis.
____________________
Journalist, student, egotist.
Click here if you're a young biker, wondering what to do after a moped/125!
Skp 50 --> GS 500 --> CBR600F with custom HRC paint jobby --> GSX-R 750 K7, beautiful!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:32 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed what happened, (whats new!) I used to have a ped, hey you got to start somewhere. And arseholes come on all types of bikes.
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

garth
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:25 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

DF wrote:
I missed what happened, (whats new!) I used to have a ped, hey you got to start somewhere. And arseholes come on all types of bikes.


Yes, but mainly Harleys. Mr. Green
____________________
You ain't a has been if you never was
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DEN MONKEY
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:24 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably be referred to as a FWR myself.
Hell I pay rego for the car each year so I can make the choice to get to work without being cold and wet.

Like Skluff even on a day off if it's raining I choose not to take my chances and stay comfortable inside or take the car.

I think if I were without the choice I would probably not enjoy a weekend blast or the odd commute when the weather is nice out or simply because I feel like it.

I've been on ride outs in the rain because it's been arranged and often have still had a bloody good time.
I'll also commit to charity rides rain, hail or shine when the number of riders drops by 2/3s.
Still you won't get me offering any respect for anyone whose only option is to ride because they have no other option.

I ride my bike when I want to because I'm in the mood and I like it.
I'm glad I have the choice and wouldn't want it any other way.
____________________
meh
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JAMSXR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:11 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with being a fair weather rider! I have a power ranger suit that matches my clean(ish) bike.

I road through sun, rain, and ice for 5 years and now I can afford a cheap car as well as a nice bike.
____________________
Honda SFX50 > Aprilia SR125 > Aprilia RS125 > Honda RFV400 > K4 GSXR600 > KTM Duke > C1H 636 > K3 GSXR1000 > Aprilia RSV-R > Triumph Street Triple R > Ducati 899 Panigale > Aprilia Tuono 1100 > Triumph Daytona 675R > KTM SuperDuke 1290 2.0


Last edited by JAMSXR on 13:38 - 03 Jun 2009; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:33 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:


Lowest of the low are the guys with next to no bollocks who buy expensive beautiful bikes, wobble to bike meets in third gear in their £1000 one piece leathers, park up and talk stats at anyone who'll listen before wobbling home Rolling Eyes


maybe, but they are a great source of hardly used second hand stuff
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:35 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: an apology Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
from me to you lot

after reading more of your posts i realise most of you are all weather riders

and not the power ranger/weekend rossi's i first thought
after a bad day at work i got home and went online
i got a link through another forum and saw people having a go at scooter riders

i shouldn't of jumped to conclusions and ranted on here the way i did

but still dont like power rangers who think they are it

also dont like some trad scoot riders cos they also think we are not good enough


Get a fucking grip, it's an internet forum. Laughing
____________________
Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:52 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:
DF wrote:
I missed what happened, (whats new!) I used to have a ped, hey you got to start somewhere. And arseholes come on all types of bikes.


Yes, but mainly Harleys. Mr. Green


No argument here Mr. Green
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Raffles
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:52 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get this at all. This guy comes along with the sole intention of shit stirring. After getting a good kicking he pretends to be sorry (though he never actually uses the 's' word). Now everyone loves him and wants to have his babies. Oh and his spelling and general grammar is atrocious!
____________________
A good loser will always be a loser.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:12 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get this at all. A guy who's been here a few weeks is complaining about how another guy who's been here a few weeks has been treated, despite it not really being any of his business.

Jeebus, just be grateful you were here to witness people actually bothering to be pleasant to a newbie who acted the fool!
____________________
>Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JAMSXR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:13 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and just to add half of our members were BIKERS but prefer the scoots as they do everything
and more then most bikes


Fu@k off, cu@t! Middle Finger Middle Finger
____________________
Honda SFX50 > Aprilia SR125 > Aprilia RS125 > Honda RFV400 > K4 GSXR600 > KTM Duke > C1H 636 > K3 GSXR1000 > Aprilia RSV-R > Triumph Street Triple R > Ducati 899 Panigale > Aprilia Tuono 1100 > Triumph Daytona 675R > KTM SuperDuke 1290 2.0
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mac_Black
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:19 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: an apology Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
from me to you lot
From young Urchin to teh Masterful Lords of the riding realms.
after reading more of your posts i realise most of you are all weather riders
After speaking blasphemy in teh presence of this great consortium and realising the error of my selfish ways,
and not the power ranger/weekend rossi's i first thought
after a bad day at work i got home and went online
i got a link through another forum and saw people having a go at scooter riders
I am ashamed of my past intentions to label you as jesters and common street shamens, aft many a long day herding thy flocks and rearing thy cattle for pittance I entered your fine guildhall and saw your barons belittling my fellow peasants.
i shouldn't of jumped to conclusions and ranted on here the way i did
I shouldn't have stepped out of line and reared my ugly head, I really ought to know my place in the pecking order
but still dont like power rangers who think they are it
Though I still care not for the witches and trickery of the townsfolk who consider themselves worthy of a status they art nout.
also dont like some trad scoot riders cos they also think we are not good enough
/literal translation: Confused


Know ye place pest, for ye actions I be suggestin 10 days and 10 nights of shelter with the farm stock, 9 lashin's and a deduction of ye rice allowance.
Now be gone inferior earthling.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Raffles
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:30 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
despite it not really being any of his business.


None of my business? I didn't realise that a posting had to be aimed directly at me in order that I may comment on same.
____________________
A good loser will always be a loser.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 130 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.12 Sec - Server Load: 0.68 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 134.34 Kb