Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Bloody CSOs

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

the grim reaper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:33 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Bloody CSOs Reply with quote

Cycling home last night and two CSOs were walking down the pavement in front of me. The car infront, a BMW, wanted to turn left into a pub carpark but the CSOs were walking across the entrance (a woman and a bloke) really slowly. The woman started to speed up her walking but the bloke put his hand on her arm to slow her down, they must have literally taken 20 seconds or more to walk about fifteen feet, deliberately taking their time until the BMW could eventually turn left.

I'm sure not all CSOs are this obnoxious but you could see that these two thought they were the most important people since Einstein and Newton.

Cheers

Grim
____________________
Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:22 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, bet they were both bikers getting one back on BMW drivers.

</stereotype>
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:56 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pair of tosser PCSOs who were cycling two abreast at walking pace, chatting away, down a street heavy with on-road parking meaning I had to follow them for five minutes (in the car) were more annoying.
____________________
CBR125|||GSXR400|||CBR400|||CBR400|||CB250RS|||GSXR750|||CB250RS Mr. Green
"You're clumsy, you eat too much and you behave like a 12 year old boy. But you know what? Every once in a while, you find a thumb."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:27 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

CSO? Cyclist stand off? Neutral what does CSO mean?
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:29 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Community Support Officer. Plastic Plod. Hobby Bobbies.

They get no respect from the public, nor the police.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:29 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragonfly wrote:
CSO? Cyclist stand off? Neutral what does CSO mean?


Plastic coppers, 'Police Community Support Officers'. They dress up like real police and strut about, but don't really have any worthwhile powers (or skills in most cases).
____________________
CBR125|||GSXR400|||CBR400|||CBR400|||CB250RS|||GSXR750|||CB250RS Mr. Green
"You're clumsy, you eat too much and you behave like a 12 year old boy. But you know what? Every once in a while, you find a thumb."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:33 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
...Hobby Bobbies...

Not to be confused with 'Special' Constables - the original hobby bobbies.

Confused do they still exist? Thinking
Haven't seen any 'specials' around for years.
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

the grim reaper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:47 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, specials still exist, mainly as a way of getting into the real Police once a vacancy opens up. Some still do it as a part time job on top of a full time job but these are often little hitlers who want the power.

Cheers

Grim
____________________
Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:59 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard enough to understand why anybody would want-to-be a plod at all, anyway, these days ... let alone be a Wannabe Plod.
Rolling Eyes
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LustyLew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:42 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round my way (Lewisham, BRAP BRAP!), we now have 'community wardens'. So that's another jumped up tw@t to add to the list. Spotted two of them last night, dressed up just like plod on white mountain bikes, wobbling all over the A20! Laughing

So, I think the pecking order is:

Police Constable.
Police Community Support Officer.
'Special' Police Officer.
Community Warden. (probably council (tax) funded).

I probably need to be corrected, but as I understood it, 'Specials' had the full powers of a PC, whereas PCSO's did not have the power to arrest?
____________________
Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:52 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK specials have exactly the same powers as a normal pc, difference being they do it as a part time job and work for free.

It is a minimum of 4 hours work per week, and obviously they dont do things like traffic or dogs or the cool bits of the police basicly.

PCSO have very limited powers, pretty much equivilant to a civilian if im honest, only difference is they get a uniform and notepad to make the seem important. Probably not worth pissing them off eitherway since they can get in contact with the proper police via walkie talkie.

c_dug
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SlimRick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:55 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Sheffield, we also have "City Centre Ambassadors" They bollock you for dropping litter, but can also give out fixed penalty notices for anti-social behaviour.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:51 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
...they can get in contact with the proper police via walkie talkie.


So can I, I dial 999 Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

RatBlack
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:17 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

LH-ER5 wrote:

So, I think the pecking order is:

Police Constable.
Police Community Support Officer.
'Special' Police Officer.
Community Warden. (probably council (tax) funded).

I probably need to be corrected, but as I understood it, 'Specials' had the full powers of a PC, whereas PCSO's did not have the power to arrest?


The 'pecking order' is police officer and special have the same rights to arrest etc. The difference is that a Special cannot do a specialist role. PCSO's deal with minor crimes and do foot patrol. They have the power to detain for up to 20 minutes but not by using physical force.
____________________
Robocop "Dead or alive, you're coming with me."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:34 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCSO: tell me your name so i can fine you
ME: no
PCSO: stay here
ME: no.

*c_dug walks off safely in the knowledge that they can do nothing*

c_dug
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Raffles
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:07 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: Bloody CSOs Reply with quote

the grim reaper wrote:
Cycling home last night and two CSOs were walking down the pavement in front of me.


What were you cycling on the pavement for? You're lucky you didn't get yourself nicked! Laughing
____________________
A good loser will always be a loser.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Poseidon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:16 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

No-body has commented on the fact that these meat-bags in uniform are on £18k a year...
____________________
1977 Honda CG125
2002 Ducati Monster S4 (currently restoring)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

alone
Traffic Copper



Joined: 13 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:53 - 05 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just going to bring that fact up.. I actually thought it was more than that, but 18k is too much anyway.

I've seen a few Community Wardens around Reading, to be fair, the ones I've seen have been quite built..and I'd sooner fight with a cop than one of those guys lol
____________________
Bikes; '06 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 (for sale) - '95 BMW R1100GS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:14 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two that asked me to move a bike off the pavement after a complaint from a neighbour were old and not very tough looking.
The person complaining (they wouldn't tell me who) blatantly had no reason to use the pavement. Nor did they have much to say when I asked what the problem really was - as I live in a small close where half the people walk down the road anyway and definitely there's no one with a double buggy, which is the measure of acceptable space.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:40 - 09 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nearly stacked it on a random HUGE pile of sock/gravel/rock covering a large portion of a roundabout today. Barely managed to hold it up, but where it was positioned it came as a very unwelcome shock and was seriously dangerous.

As I continued round, I clocked a couple of PCSO's in a car entering the roundabout and slowed down (I was taking the 3rd exit) to point at the floor/direction the crap was in.

Pointed a bit more, pretty much at a stop by now (had loud music on so no point actually trying to talk to them, and in a rush so couldn't be arsed trying) and they seemed to understand...

... So tore off through the rubble and down the road after some imaginary robber/speeder/granny raper.

Rolling Eyes

Did they really think I'd trust them with any thing more then phoning in the patently dangerous crap on the road? Did they even notice that the crap on the road was not just making the place look untidy?

Bah.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:50 - 09 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of my pals are Special's... They're both fine people, one used to be a real hard liner, not right wing exactly, just a zero tolerance type, now though; he genuinely couldn't give a shit about it. He's a desk seargent, not sure if that's still what they're called, basically sits and signs the ne'er do wells in.

The other guy is really laid back in real life but apparently could be taken for some sort of storm trooper when in uniform. He's one of those who gets really patronising with folks and just gets wound up by small children...

Specials seem to be fairly well thought of, its all the fake uniform people that annoy me, litter wardens, parking wardens, taxi rank wardens, bus queue wardens, check out wardens, this wardens that wardens... All evidenced by purple epaulettes and looking faintly like some sort of cartoon cruise ship captain.

Thumbs Up
____________________
Didn't catch anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 124 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.7 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 113.79 Kb