Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Microwaves and stereos

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:29 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Microwaves and stereos Reply with quote

I have a radio/cd player sat on top off my microwave, now my mate said that that microwaves and radio waves mix and it'll blow up and kill the kittens 'n' sh1t.

Is this another one of his weed fuelled theories or is it dangerous? I've had a google but can't find anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

owdamer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:44 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: Microwaves and stereos Reply with quote

flip wrote:
I have a radio/cd player sat on top off my microwave, now my mate said that that microwaves and radio waves mix and it'll blow up and kill the kittens 'n' sh1t.

Is this another one of his weed fuelled theories or is it dangerous? I've had a google but can't find anything.


Depends. Are the kittens inside the microwave?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:54 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: Microwaves and stereos Reply with quote

flip wrote:
I have a radio/cd player sat on top off my microwave, now my mate said that that microwaves and radio waves mix and it'll blow up and kill the kittens 'n' sh1t.

Is this another one of his weed fuelled theories or is it dangerous? I've had a google but can't find anything.


Tell him he knows nothing then as he is talking out of his sheriffs badge. Thumbs Up
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Charlie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:55 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The microwave sometimes interferes with my DAB radio which I have sitting on top of it. Been like that all year and there haven't been any issues.
____________________
Past: Honda x8rs, Honda City fly, Honda Hornet 250, Honda VFR750, Yamaha xt600e.
Current: Honda CBR929RR & Yamaha XT660Z Tenere
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Vin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:38 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: Microwaves and stereos Reply with quote

flip wrote:
I have a radio/cd player sat on top off my microwave, now my mate said that that microwaves and radio waves mix and it'll blow up and kill the kittens 'n' sh1t.

Is this another one of his weed fuelled theories or is it dangerous? I've had a google but can't find anything.

He's absolutely right and your cock is going to fall off.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:00 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised I'd better move it then. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:22 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: Microwaves and stereos Reply with quote

flip wrote:
I have a radio/cd player sat on top off my microwave, now my mate said that that microwaves and radio waves mix and it'll blow up and kill the kittens 'n' sh1t.

Is this another one of his weed fuelled theories or is it dangerous? I've had a google but can't find anything.


and you believed him ?

I used to think you were clever

for the record, microwaves and radio waves are on the electromagnetic spectrum either side of light

microwaves have very short wavelengths much less than UV, so they have high energy and dont travel far as they are absorbed by matter

radio waves have long wavelengths and have low energy, so arent absorbed by matter and travel very far
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

amnesia
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:29 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

flip wrote:
Surprised I'd better move it then. Laughing


The radio or your cock?


Its an important point that needs to be clarified.
____________________
25/7 I'm a God-damn Rock Star
"Arguing about the best 125 is like arguing which Spice Girl could sing best"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Steve H
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Oct 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:30 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: Microwaves and stereos Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
and you believed him ?

I used to think you were clever

Ooooh Flipster you've just got SERVED by Colly Baby Shocked

As I'm currently putting the 2009 list together I can safely say that barring accidents or an epic individual posting performance and/or flounce by someone, there's NO WAY that Col (with his newly found sarcasm, wit and condemnation of Luke VFR) is gonna be knocked off his lofty Top Ten Perch this year.
____________________
Mellow Yellow
The BCF Top TEN - 2010, 2009, 2008, The Original.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Egret
Nova Slayer



Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:35 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends how long the extension lead is.

https://xkcd.com/509/

Should explain it Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:05 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: Microwaves and stereos Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
used to think you were clever


Well you'd better get to the source of that rumour and put a f*ckin' stop to it. I won't have it, d'ya hear me?

Smile

Tbh I was hoping for a link to show him it was crap.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:23 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: Microwaves and stereos Reply with quote

Steve H wrote:
colin1 wrote:
and you believed him ?

I used to think you were clever

Ooooh Flipster you've just got SERVED by Colly Baby Shocked

As I'm currently putting the 2009 list together I can safely say that barring accidents or an epic individual posting performance and/or flounce by someone, there's NO WAY that Col (with his newly found sarcasm, wit and condemnation of Luke VFR) is gonna be knocked off his lofty Top Ten Perch this year.


well its a fine line between sarcasm and just being a nasty person, so i should probably revert to being pleasant

as the oracle has refused to revoke a flame rating on a remark i made

im officially a nasty bastard
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:27 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: Microwaves and stereos Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
im officially a nasty bastard


Nah. You're far to safe to be nasty. Bad guys wear black, not hi-vis.


Last edited by Flip on 23:30 - 08 Jun 2009; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:30 - 08 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i was being a bit facetious.

I'm too gentle to be fully sarcastic.

I miss being whiter than white though.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:21 - 09 Jun 2009    Post subject: Re: Microwaves and stereos Reply with quote

flip wrote:


Smile

Tbh I was hoping for a link to show him it was crap.


Clicky.


HTH. Thumbs Up
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:53 - 09 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once told a friend that putting a kiwi fruit in the microwave will form a micro-blackhole and implode the microwave.

Got to school the next week and was told by a mutual friend that when round friend A's house, he had got a kiwi fruit and put it in the microwave to see what would happen.

I facepalmed over 9000 times.
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 122 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.59 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 91.62 Kb