Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Don't assume Audi A6's are rep car; and DON'T try to chase!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

The Tot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:58 - 24 Jun 2009    Post subject: Don't assume Audi A6's are rep car; and DON'T try to chase! Reply with quote

Okay,

I learnt my lesson for the day.

Was doing a good pace on a dual carraigeway today, 85mph indicated, keeping in pace with traffic. Now, up ahead, I see 2 rep cars, a BMW 5 series and a Audi A6 tailgating each other behind an MPV which was overtaking a truck going uphill. I eventually got behind the rep car, which then swiftly pulled away.

At this point I had cleared the truck and moved into the left lane. But these two rep cars were pissing off into the distance sharpish. So i thought, if they're going fast, then there's no excuse why I shouldn't be able to keep pace. I was about 400 yards behind it (12 car lengths or so). I weren't looking at the speed since the road ahead was clear, but then the second rep car pulled into the slow lane and slowed down behind some traffic.

I indicate and overtake the said rep car and a row of traffic. At this point, the rep car gets behind me tailgates me as I'm doing about 90 odd, then flashes its blues and twos! It became apparent that I was the meat in a VERY fast BMW & Audi police sandwich. I pulled into the slow lane and gave the intention to stop, but the rozzer just blatted off into the distance, presumably taking my number plate down in the process.

Now, here's what's getting me paranoid

1) If they were to do me, they would have stopped me there and then?

2) Speed was somewhere between 80-100

3) Car was an executive car and the occupants did not appear to be traffic officers, more senior type officers

4) Could the cars, driving fast, be responding to a call or exercise and not bother to do me

5) If they were responding to a call and hooning fast, would they not have required to have blues and twos anyway?

Either way, I doubt nothing would have come of it, but just a heads up in the Bucks and Oxon district, look out for a wine red Audi A6... it's a sleeper!
____________________
The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:01 - 24 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt anything will come of it. They were probably on their way somewhere and needed to be there fast and just used the lights to get you out the way.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Carl Howell
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 27 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:03 - 24 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been racing an A6 in the past (fucking quick it was too) and then though it might be a copper so slowed down and let it past.

I wouldn't worry about it though, I'd say you got away with it.
____________________
Owned: 2002 Gilera DNA 50, Yamaha DT125R

Own: Yamaha FZX250 Zeal (FZR250 engine as a similar shape to a Hornet)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:04 - 24 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

They looked rushed. In any case, DID not expect it to be rozzers. I thought they were pissed off salesmen late for a meeting and decided to have a race on the road. Mind you, I was stupid enough to think I should chase them.

I DID notice a LOT of undercover exec cars being driven around Aylesbury today; saw at least 5.

Yeah, I guess they didn't appreciate me getting in the way so they flashed me as a warning like.

Know of a LOT of mates getting away for doing a LOT worse!
____________________
The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:25 - 24 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds more like driving school or pursuit training than anything else, they use a lot of mid-range executive cars - as do lots of squads dealing with high-end cheekiness, none of whom would be weary enough to ticket you for a bit of spirited riding.

Won't have taken your number, as you say - the little blast of the B'n'T was probably just a warning.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:32 - 24 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's some reassurance. Either way, must tone it down and think of my license. Points don't mean prizes when you've got a job now - nevermind not having a license whilst being a student bum and living next to uni, I need to commute to work again come september (20 odd miles each way).

But yeah, just a heads up to anybody looking at execs. I felt a bit suspicious about their pace. Most rep cars hold at about 90, these guys were easily doing 130-140 after they b & t'd me.

The glaring look of the rozzer in the passenger seat as he drove past me was like "what a twat, he shouldn't have been in our way"... they didn't look pleased at all lol! Karma

But still, keep your heads about you, especially on hot summer days.
____________________
The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

robbieguy2003
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:35 - 24 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might have been more than normal coppers, some of those guys use cars like that these days, if so it's unliky they'd be bothered about giving anyone a ticket. Blues and twos was prob so they could get you out of their sandwich.
____________________
Current Bikes: Honda CBR 600RR - '07, Suzuki GSX1250 FA ST '11
Old Bikes: Suzuki Intruder 125 LC - '2001, Honda CBR 600F - '92, Honda CBR 600RR - '03
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:36 - 24 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

'The Look' is apparently the operator's main job - dealing out healthy dollops of disapproval to miscreants that the Dibble don't have time to stop and deal with while the driver concentrates on not crashing.

Beats a ticket or a patronising lecture from the Traffic rats!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

blutonium92
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:47 - 24 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

wouldnt have thought anything will come of it.
Still a strange thing to happen, does make you wonder what they were really doing.
____________________
Now - Ducati 748, Laverda 650 Sport
Had- 56 Aprilia RS50, 03 Aprilia RS50, Hond VFR 400 NC30, Aprilia RS250, Suzuki SV650
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:57 - 24 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funnily enough, there was a dark a6 that had pulled over a boy racer near me today. It was on a dual carriage way that has a quarter mile stretch with no junctions which is a 40, but everyone does at 60, and I have been known to do 80 on odd occasions.

As everyone does 60, I just have assumed that police wouldnt bother stopping people there, as its not really a dangerous road.

Im not going to assume that any longer.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

R6_Rider
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:10 - 25 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's all they seem to drive around in near me. Bm's and merc's everywhere in weston and Bristol.

Most of them are unmarked but can tell nine times out of ten with the amount of aerials they have.

I always slow up when I see a newish bm or audi, you just never know!

I am sure you won't hear anything about it, as others say just a warning with the blues and two's.

Cheers,
Si
____________________
2000 Blue R6 - 2002 Rear undertray - Tail Tidy - Akrapovic Can - Tinted Black Screen - Datatool Gear Indicator - Full Plastic Re Spray 03-02-09 - Datatool Veto/Evo Alarm - Rear Hugger
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thewildblue
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 17 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:27 - 25 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression that the police force need to have full lights if they are speeding to an incident. Or is it just another classic case of them and us.

They could have been escorting someone important, Ive followed a succession of black range rovers down the M40 a few times and they do very aggressive defensive driving of the main car. Its fun on the biek to keep up with them and run along side in the middle lane. They glare at you alot and try and block you. Eventually you will get a flash of the blue lights.

Ive also seen them doign it in the wet as well and it can only be described as dangerous to other road users in my view...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

the grim reaper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:38 - 25 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mate from my old bike club did exactly the same as this, he saw a race between a V6 Omega and a Subaru Impreza on a deserted dual carriageway on a Sunday evening. He decided to follow to see who won and was happily tracking them at 120mph, when the Subaru suddenly slowed right down and the Omega put it's blues and twos on and pulled him over.

Turns out they were pursuit training and were not impressed with him following them 'to see who won', he got a massive bollocking and was then sent on his way, lucky git.

Cheers

Grim
____________________
Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nixon
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 23 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:15 - 25 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewildblue wrote:
I was under the impression that the police force need to have full lights if they are speeding to an incident.


Nope the law does not dictate how blue lights should be used, only restricts the users and the configuration of them. How the driver choses to drive or when appropriate use is, is not included in the law.
However it is worth baring in mind that blue lights do not exempt them from any laws, only bends some rules slightly.
But If a copper hits someone at 120mph with blue lights or not they can still face criminal charges, same as a copper or ambo getting flashed doing 100+mph speed camera in a 30 zone, heads will (and regularly do) roll.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top



Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:40 - 25 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avoid pursuit training cars not because they are fast (I've lost an unmarked down a B-road on a DRZ400sm) but because they are horrendously driven. I've also nearly been taken out by one who drifted on to my side of the road in Kent. I saw others doing overtakes that can best be described as suicidal.

Pursuit training drivers must be thrown in at the deep end.

Also if they do stick the lights on head down a relatively twisty A-road, theyre surprisingly easy to outpace.

In London lots of Quick respnose armed officers use the M25 and subsequently A/M roads going in to London to get around, they seem unfazed by being followed at high speed.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

trevoriv
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:39 - 25 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did something similar following a silver Octavia down the M6 a few years ago up to around 130mph, when we hit some traffic he slowed down and put his blue lights on.

Thankfully for me the cause of said traffic and the speeding Octavia was an overturned caravan and he attended the scene and let me be.

I did drop a small malteser at the time.
____________________
Past: '96 Thundercat, '02 ZX636R (A1P), '58 KTM 690 SM LC4 Current: '06 ZX636R (C6F)
Mudskipper wrote: Someone just has to sig that...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

carlperkins00...
Crazy Courier



Joined: 16 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:19 - 25 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a thought.. but it may not have been cops.
it may have been two friends in nice cars who strapped them cheap sirens and lights in their cars to dodge traffic. (has been known to happen)
if you dont get anything through the post then you can safely assume they werent cops.
or they were cops who didnt give a hoot.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RatBlack
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:06 - 25 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry about it too much, unless you were stopped at the roadside you should be ok.
____________________
Robocop "Dead or alive, you're coming with me."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:25 - 25 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys, and officers Thumbs Up Karma

I was just under the impression that they had to stop me to give me an NIP, be it verbal, video evidence. But it seemed apparent that they were too preoccupied.

Either way, I've got graduation and 7 weeks in the tropical sun before I need to worry lol
____________________
The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

_sketch_
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:49 - 26 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a passenger in a friends car a while ago, stuck in traffic and my friend suddenly pointed out a police bike behind us and said "in the next couple of mins the bike will stick his lights on and come shoot off down the road" ..... couple of mins later and on come the lights and the siren, traffic parts and the bikes speeds off down the road.

"How did you know that would happen?" i said

"My dads a police man, the all meet back at the station to watch Doctor who at 4" he said.

This was some years ago but just goes to show that they could have been up to anything.

Oh, And best time to rob a bank is when doctor Who is on Very Happy
____________________
A sucker for 2 strokes
Cagiva Supermoto project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Frost
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:14 - 26 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of unmarked cars have non traffic police in. They might be using their lights to tell you to slow the fuck down, or to get you out of the way as they have places to be.

If they were gong to do you for it, they probably would have done it there and then.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:33 - 26 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is semi-related i guess.

About 2 or 3 months ago I was on the M25, sitting at around the ton give or take 10mph, in the distance infront i saw what looked like a van with blue flashing lights, I assumed it was an ambulance of some sort moving bloody quick so i carried on at the speed i was doing. As i got nearer i realised how big this thing was, and also that it had POLICE written across the back, it was sitting in the outside lane at 90 (inside lanes were clear Rolling Eyes )

I toyed with the idea of undertaking it and carrying on my way, in the end i just sat in the inside lane at the same speed as it, only a few meters behind so it couldnt have gotten my plate.

I still have no idea what the hell it was or why it needed to get to where it was going in such a rush, i pulled off of the M25 a few miles down the road so i have no idea how far it went, at the speed it was doing it cant have been going far or it would have been stopping for fuel every 5 minutes Laughing

Do you think i would have been safe to pass it? I dont think it would have caught me, although it is fair to say radio waves can travel faster than i can Laughing

c_dug
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

magpiemale
Traffic Copper



Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:09 - 26 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you should say that,as I was going to the cinema in the car when I saw a nice bike coming the other way.I said there's the boy's wishing I was on the bike then,all of a sudden two blue lights flashing around the fork area came on . I thought that's a bit sneaky could'nt tell it was a copper under cover.

magpiemale
____________________
NSR125 1992 (sold) kawasaki Z750S,fazer FZ1 07 now gone present bike 2012 fz1s Fazer,beowulf rad protector,heated grips,sw motech gps holder,power socket.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Drew This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Seb JS
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:57 - 26 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

They cant do anything dude. No need to worry. I would assume they had somewhere far more important to be.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 100 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.99 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 132.7 Kb