Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


More expenses accounts published

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:31 - 30 Jun 2009    Post subject: More expenses accounts published Reply with quote

In the last year spending by the Royals came to £41.5m

Which includes things like...
£150k for the queens cousin and his wife to go to some islands in the South Pacific.
£250k renovating Princess Beatrice apartment for her whilst she is at uni. "People have this image of what a palace apartment looks like but the reality is very different. It is a small set of attic rooms reached only by a spiral staircase of 60 steps." Laughing
£400k on computers and IT systems.
£9.9m on salaries for the queens staff.

Makes the all MP expenses seem small! Shocked

link
link
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:55 - 30 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Oh, but they bring in tourism worth far more'

Rolling Eyes

DIRECT royals may do, possibly.

God knows how many of Ze Germans are on the payroll, but I'd bet it's in 3 figures.

Cunts, the lot of em.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Harold_Shand
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:48 - 30 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cunts

Thumbs Up
____________________
BCF's 6th favourite poster 2009-2010

Harold_Shand's theory might be the best explanation.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:31 - 30 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imbred dangerous criminals.

(bet they didn't mention the royals dodgy links to weapons firms either)

Cunts Middle Finger
____________________
NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:44 - 30 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:
'Oh, but they bring in tourism worth far more'


They do.

The Crown Estate also pays around £190 million directly into the treasury, for Brown to waste on more hair-brained schemes to prop up his ailing government of lies.

Quote:

God knows how many of Ze Germans are on the payroll, but I'd bet it's in 3 figures.


Only the Queen and Phil the Greek are actually paid for by the civil list, HM pays the rest back to the taxpayer, and pays for all the minor royals out of the Privy Purse.

Quote:

Cunts, the lot of em.


We're all cunts in some way - few people posting on BCF are in a position to point the finger blamelessly!

Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:18 - 30 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:


We're all cunts in some way - few people posting on BCF are in a position to point the finger blamelessly!

Razz


I'm pure.

pure cunt
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:33 - 30 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
bonny_ricardo wrote:
'Oh, but they bring in tourism worth far more'


They do.


Indeed. You'll find that balanced arguments and facts confuse the average gutter press tabloid reader though! Wink

The Independent wrote:
The Palace says that the total £41.5m cost of the Queen amounts to 69p per taxpayer per year. But this does not take into account the bill for security provided by the police and the Army and ceremonial duties performed by the Armed Forces.


No effort to attempt calculations for input into the economy then... What a shock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:37 - 30 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is the only argument for having the royal family a purely economic one then?

Because if it is I'd sooner pay a bit more tax and have them turfed out on the street like the Nazi-sympathisers and eugenic-crazed fucking lunatics that they are. Very Happy
____________________
NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:52 - 30 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
So is the only argument for having the royal family a purely economic one then?

Because if it is I'd sooner pay a bit more tax and have them turfed out on the street like the Nazi-sympathisers and eugenic-crazed fucking lunatics that they are. Very Happy


An unreliable source ( I haven't done any back ground checks on the author or the printers and their political leanings or who they have had at any birthday parties of their children) claim that it is 68 pence per person per year, person being a human being as per............ well you get the slant.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:55 - 30 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
So is the only argument for having the royal family a purely economic one then?


Not in my mind, but that seems to be the way most of these debates go. If want to vote for President Gordon Brown, be my guest.... Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:08 - 30 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
Kris wrote:
So is the only argument for having the royal family a purely economic one then?


Not in my mind, but that seems to be the way most of these debates go. If want to vote for President Gordon Brown, be my guest.... Shocked


I'd rather be able to vote someone in than have to bow down to some old German hag. Why do they have all of this wealth and opulence? Because generations ago their ancestors fucked our ancestors over good and proper. And now you defend them?

Laughing

I'd love to know why you're for them. I really would.
____________________
NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:24 - 30 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
I'd rather be able to vote someone in than have to bow down to some old German hag. Why do they have all of this wealth and opulence?


C'mon, try something other than insults if you have any intention of forming a valid argument. It's only a matter of time before someone begins with the "self serving vermin" rant followed by, "line them up against the wall and put one between the eyes" etc...

Kris wrote:
Because generations ago their ancestors fucked our ancestors over good and proper.


Jeez... so if you discovered one of your ancestors was a rapist would you want stringing up? We don't want double standards.

Kris wrote:
And now you defend them?


I'm not defending them in the way you infer, I'm just not taking the popular "abolish the monarchy, they're don't do nothing, innit" stance. Call it devil's advocate, although it's pretty dull reading posts from people who believe anyone who's rich (by their standards, obviously) should be fucked over.

Kris wrote:
I'd love to know why you're for them. I really would.


I'm proud of my British heritage (for what it's worth), and I'm proud of my country's history (by and large). The monarchy accounts for a large proportion of this. Like it or not, they do have input into the economy and the cost of the Civil List is a relative drop in the ocean.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:43 - 30 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
So is the only argument for having the royal family a purely economic one then?


No, but it was the argument being advanced against them in this thread.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:49 - 30 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The royals are brilliant, they're the perfect excuse for any dole-scrounging smackhead. "If it's good enough for those feckers it's good enough for me!"

Leading by example since 1066.
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:00 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll put my hands up - I was counting down to a Hetzer rant, but I wasn't expecting it to come from that angle! Touche sir!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:02 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
I'll put my hands up - I was counting down to a Hetzer rant, but I wasn't expecting it to come from that angle! Touche sir!


Sometimes I lack sufficient rage. Laughing
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:39 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come the revolution i'll be wiping my arse on Lizzys curtains.
Piss taking tossers.

Pat
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:59 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver wrote:
I'm proud of my British heritage (for what it's worth), and I'm proud of my country's history (by and large). The monarchy accounts for a large proportion of this. Like it or not, they do have input into the economy and the cost of the Civil List is a relative drop in the ocean.


Ah I see, it's tradition innit. Rolling Eyes Why not complete the 'Britishness look' with a scale model RouteMaster and a red telephone box. It's good enough for the Chinese tourists around london right?

See, when I look at the Royals all I see are imbred parasites, feeding off of past history and arms trades. When I read that the Duke of Edinburgh would like to kill 80% of us off it reminds me how twisted and sick those that place themselves at the top of the evolutionary tree really are. They really are stuck in some Imperialist time-warp with Darwinistic ideals.

Still, there will always be the 'hangers-on' and those that live life and identify success through other's gains.

Laughing
____________________
NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:23 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of anti royal sentiment I see.

Pretty much boils down to one thing though - jealousy.

By odd chance these people have been born in their circumstances, with all the benefits and problems that those circumstances bring.

What would you do if you had been born into those circumstances? Give up all your wealth, privelidges and sweet lifestyle? Like fuck you would.

And if you believe they should give up all that, then where does it stop? Giving up any inherited benefits? I don't anticipate inheriting a lot at all, but you can kiss my swingers if you think I would give it up, and I would be distraught to think what I have worked for would be taken from my offspring.

You must remember that (granted a long time ago now), their ancestors worked to get to the positions which led to the long legacy which has led to the Royal family being present in the UK now, why is it wrong that they should continue to hold those positions?

It's not like they're fucking you (the man on the street) over. They're pretty harmless as far as I can see, and I'd rather they be there through birthright than have a power hungry ego manic elected President be the Nation's figurehead.

Kris wrote:
When I read that the Duke of Edinburgh would like to kill 80% of us


He has a point tbh. There are far too many of us kicking about, and a lot of them are utter fuckwits.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:24 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister James wrote:
bonny_ricardo wrote:
'Oh, but they bring in tourism worth far more'


They do.

Some of them do (the queen)... I'd say that most of them don't.

Mister James wrote:
The Crown Estate also pays around £190 million directly into the treasury, for Brown to waste on more hair-brained schemes to prop up his ailing government of lies.

Would the £190m would still be paid regardless of if owned by royals or not?

Lots of the Royals expenses are comparable to MPs claims... unnecessary and overly expensive. £250k renovating Princess Beatrice apartment for her to go to uni? £33k for the Prince of Wales to take a private jet to visit the Bushmills whiskey distillery? Surely most of the expenses could be done for much cheaper using a small amount of common sense?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:00 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Ah I see, it's tradition innit. Rolling Eyes


I'm not sure what your point is, other than a tenuous attempt to turn my language back on myself. You want no tradition and a presidency, move to America; everything's big, shiny and new there... and "history" need not go back further than three generations.

Kris wrote:
Why not complete the 'Britishness look' with a scale model RouteMaster and a red telephone box. It's good enough for the Chinese tourists around london right?


Sure. Shall we all wear t-shirts with Bulldogs on the front, Doc Martins and wander around swigging lager too? If you're going to go down the stereotyping route you may as well go the whole hog.

Kris wrote:
See, when I look at the Royals all I see are imbred parasites, feeding off of past history and arms trades. When I read that the Duke of Edinburgh would like to kill 80% of us off it reminds me how twisted and sick those that place themselves at the top of the evolutionary tree really are. They really are stuck in some Imperialist time-warp with Darwinistic ideals.

Still, there will always be the 'hangers-on' and those that live life and identify success through other's gains.

Laughing


Wow, that's a whole lot of bitterness and resentment. I'd suggest you look back at your own views rather than casting unconvincing aspersions on others.

Let me put it like this, if the Royal family ceased to exist today, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Likewise, I'll sleep fine tonight if they're all healthy and well. Generally I'd rather the monarchy continued, in the same manner as I'd rather England won the next World Cup. If the reality turns out different (more than likely with the latter example) then so be it. If you're looking for someone to goad, then unlucky.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:09 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damofo D.O.G. wrote:
Pretty much boils down to one thing though - jealousy.


Er, no. Would I want to live in their fucked up world? Not on your nelly - would you?

Damofo D.O.G. wrote:
You must remember that (granted a long time ago now), their ancestors worked to get to the positions which led to the long legacy which has led to the Royal family being present in the UK now, why is it wrong that they should continue to hold those positions?


Those positions were held through bondage, manipulation, slavery, murder etc etc. You have to remember that they probably fucked over a few million in their quest for supremacy, and as such their possessions are the quivalent to a drug dealers Bentley. It's paradoxical how we are free to condemn the actions of Kim Jong-il and handing power to his son, yet it is merely the same as what happened here for centuries.


Damofo D.O.G. wrote:
I'd rather they be there through birthright than have a power hungry ego manic elected President be the Nation's figurehead.


Yea, that'd be better. Rolling Eyes

Damofo D.O.G. wrote:

He has a point tbh. There are far too many of us kicking about, and a lot of them are utter fuckwits.


Isn't it funny how those that repeat this psychotic anti-human agenda are always the one's that should be spared! Laughing

In your system of beloved monarchy you would most likely be killed off, though I bet you'd probably still defend their actions. Laughing "Gotta keep their monopoly over us somehow!"
____________________
NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:53 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
In your system of beloved monarchy you would most likely be killed off, though I bet you'd probably still defend their actions. Laughing "Gotta keep their monopoly over us somehow!"


Hang on, we already have a monarchy - I don't think he's dead.
____________________
Photos and that
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:08 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom wrote:

Hang on, we already have a monarchy - I don't think he's dead.


I meant if the Duke got his sick and twisted wish and came back as a virus.

Fucking pedant Wink

Laughing
____________________
NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fnatic
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:30 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

LukeVFR wrote:
To think Ronaldo will be getting paid £400,000+ a week when his contract gets towards the end and to think he was bought for £80,000,000 just makes you realise how crazy football is.


Are you implying we create a football team composed of Royal family to boost tour tourism appeal?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 101 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.14 Sec - Server Load: 1.63 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 145.19 Kb