Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Ba*tard

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

R1stu
Shrek!



Joined: 12 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:24 - 08 Jun 2004    Post subject: Ba*tard Reply with quote

Now I have lost both Dipped and main beam! No front lights whatsoever (however side and pass still work)
____________________
Carbon closet tart! https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/02r6/
Stolen bike. 2000 R1: https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/00r1/
Current bike 1991 Honda ST1100 Pan European, 1986 Honda cb350sg (Finished)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:25 - 08 Jun 2004    Post subject: Re: Ba*tard Reply with quote

R6stu wrote:
Now I have lost both Dipped and main beam! No front lights whatsoever (however side and pass still work)


Nice Reliable Yamaha eh?

I for some reason keep loosing me main beam after I installed a fly screen, I give the head light a twat and it comes back on Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:31 - 08 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Korn's R1 is like that!

I reckon Yamaha had some Ducati mechanics on YTS schemes...

Razz
____________________
NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

R1stu
Shrek!



Joined: 12 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:33 - 08 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will have to strip the wiring down one week end to see if I can find a dogy connection in there!

I may have got water in the loom when washing it the other day! So if anyone wants to come and give me a hand then be great. We can do the carbs as well then!
____________________
Carbon closet tart! https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/02r6/
Stolen bike. 2000 R1: https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/00r1/
Current bike 1991 Honda ST1100 Pan European, 1986 Honda cb350sg (Finished)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:34 - 08 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youv'e knocked a wire thats all craig. Check your connections mate.

Cable tie the pass light, stu Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TiN
Pocket Tin



Joined: 14 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:35 - 08 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Korn's problem turned out to be a dodgy reg/rec (although I didn't fully read the topic...), so maybe that could be your problem too. Take a peek (if you haven't already done so):

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=26531
____________________
TiN
dotgems.net
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

R1stu
Shrek!



Joined: 12 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:37 - 08 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

flip wrote:
Cable tie the pass light, stu


I was seriously considering that!! Or hot wiring the pass switch to the main beam switch. However that still wont give me normal headlights.
____________________
Carbon closet tart! https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/02r6/
Stolen bike. 2000 R1: https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/00r1/
Current bike 1991 Honda ST1100 Pan European, 1986 Honda cb350sg (Finished)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:45 - 08 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has it blown all the bulbs?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

R1stu
Shrek!



Joined: 12 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:46 - 08 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, cause the main beam works!
____________________
Carbon closet tart! https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/02r6/
Stolen bike. 2000 R1: https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/00r1/
Current bike 1991 Honda ST1100 Pan European, 1986 Honda cb350sg (Finished)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:49 - 08 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd. Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dandit
Nearly there...



Joined: 04 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:51 - 08 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

R6stu wrote:
I think I will have to strip the wiring down one week end to see if I can find a dogy connection in there!

I may have got water in the loom when washing it the other day! So if anyone wants to come and give me a hand then be great. We can do the carbs as well then!
I should be able to give you a hand but if its sunday you must have gp on
____________________
WHAT DO YOU MEAN 100 MPH THATS IMPOSSIBLE I STILL HAD 3 GEARS TO GO OFFICER. Currently riding a naked cbr 600 and driving a 52 plate 2litre tdci mondeo
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:00 - 09 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

flip wrote:
Youv'e knocked a wire thats all craig. Check your connections mate.

Cable tie the pass light, stu Laughing


YeaH I kinda thought that, but I can't be arsed taking the screen off to get back into the headlight, I very rarely ride at night anyway and it seems to stay on if I give it a fair old whack or rev the engine Very Happy

The bikes going soon anyway for something abit "bigger" Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:16 - 09 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your selling mate, even more reason to fix it! Karma
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:26 - 09 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

flip wrote:
If your selling mate, even more reason to fix it! Karma


The Dealer wont notice Very Happy , most havent even noticed the rear disk is slighlty buckled, plus I can't really be bothered chucking anymore money into it Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

R1stu
Shrek!



Joined: 12 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:34 - 09 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can Dan that be great. Have you got a test meter you can bring over?
____________________
Carbon closet tart! https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/02r6/
Stolen bike. 2000 R1: https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/00r1/
Current bike 1991 Honda ST1100 Pan European, 1986 Honda cb350sg (Finished)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dandit
Nearly there...



Joined: 04 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:02 - 10 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

R6stu wrote:
If you can Dan that be great. Have you got a test meter you can bring over?
no but I will borrow my mates whens best for you then I'm doing my test on friday so I might be on the bandit I got to start work at 5 on sat and sun but I might take one day off if you want suday would be easyer for me but I don't want to miss gp. in saying that I realy don't care I've had enuff of shoving pizza's around Exclamation
____________________
WHAT DO YOU MEAN 100 MPH THATS IMPOSSIBLE I STILL HAD 3 GEARS TO GO OFFICER. Currently riding a naked cbr 600 and driving a 52 plate 2litre tdci mondeo
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 115 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.8 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 94.99 Kb