Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


I'm a bit disappointed in myself - too sensible

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:06 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: I'm a bit disappointed in myself - too sensible Reply with quote

I bought a lid for my pushbike today (never EVER had one) - how old and sensible is that!?!?! Thumbs Down

I am doing more and more things like this of late ... like I made sure I had a reflective armband on my leathers ... . its all very sad!! Embarassed

Anyone else find themselves getting more and more sensible? Thinking



p.s. Bring out the shotgun - it'd be a kindness!! Laughing
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pickled
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 14 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:14 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

god bless you Shocked
I am loving every minute of my midlife crisis Mr. Green
you will have pipe and slippers and a golden retriever next Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:25 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all heard him mention it being a kindness.

Map, can I borrow a shotgun please?
____________________
I'm immortal. Well, so far.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:51 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickled wrote:
god bless you Shocked
I am loving every minute of my midlife crisis Mr. Green
you will have pipe and slippers and a golden retriever next Sad


Oh my, what are you mid-life crisising? Shocked




p.s. I prolly passed the midpoint of my life many years ago!! Shocked Laughing
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pickled
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 14 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:55 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue_SV650S wrote:

Oh my, what are you mid-life crisising? Shocked

oh all sorts Wink Mr. Green

and I am definitely not buying my pushbike a lid, he can sit in the garage and like it Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:17 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and forgot - I have a fat-boy gel seat so its more comfy!!


It's all really rather deplorable!! Rolling Eyes
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:47 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

But is it as classy as mine?...
https://gees.zenfolio.com/img/v5/p52015559-4.jpg
From freecycle, I have actually got a slightly more modern one since, for what I thought was the rather excessive price of £6.20 as they reckon you're supposed to spend what you'd value your head at Razz.

On that, just got new wheel bearings for the bike above... £52 for both wheels. And, no, they weren't made of solid gold :S.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pickled
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 14 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:48 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue_SV650S wrote:
Oh and forgot - I have a fat-boy gel seat so its more comfy!!


It's all really rather deplorable!! Rolling Eyes

now I could actually do with one of those Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:31 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

G - not only is that a horrid looking lid, a 2-nd hand lid ... even more minging!! Shocked ... bet you got a cricket box from there too!! Very Happy

Cycle helmets all look crap ... I think it is pretty hard to look cool in a cycle helmet!! Mr. Green

I'm doing some 'downhill' tomorrow, so thought I'd better get a lid as I am bound to step off at some point!! Embarassed

pickled wrote:
Blue_SV650S wrote:
Oh and forgot - I have a fat-boy gel seat so its more comfy!!


It's all really rather deplorable!! Rolling Eyes

now I could actually do with one of those Mr. Green


You would actually have to get the bike out of the garage to do that though!! Laughing

I actually saw the seat in ASDA - decided to give it a bash! .... I used to really suffer with sore botty/balls with the stock seat - went out on a 6hr cycle ride the other day and my botty was absolutely fine the next day!! Thumbs Up

Here - I recommend it - £14 well spent!!

https://direct.asda.com/Geltech-Comfort-Seat/000953368,default,pd.html
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pickled
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 14 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:04 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

my seat bones tend to give me some jip but luckily my balls are normally ok Laughing
thanks for the link will go and have a look Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ClaireBear
Traffic Copper



Joined: 27 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:13 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickled wrote:
god bless you Shocked
I am loving every minute of my midlife crisis Mr. Green
you will have pipe and slippers and a golden retriever next Sad


Not forgetting a packet of werthers originals Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pickled
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 14 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:18 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClaireBear88 wrote:

Not forgetting a packet of werthers originals Laughing

rofl!!! at least we know what to get him for christmas Laughing Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:25 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickled wrote:
ClaireBear88 wrote:

Not forgetting a packet of werthers originals Laughing

rofl!!! at least we know what to get him for christmas Laughing Laughing


Mmmmm, I can eat them before my afternoon nap!! Very Happy
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ClaireBear
Traffic Copper



Joined: 27 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:33 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry couldn't resist Laughing Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:37 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClaireBear88 wrote:
Sorry couldn't resist Laughing Laughing


I take it you were born in 88? .... that makes you 20-21 ... even you must be more sensible/responsible now than when you were say 18??


... it won't be long before you consider interest rates as an important thing!! Laughing
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ClaireBear
Traffic Copper



Joined: 27 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:43 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 Thumbs Up Being a student nurse on £170 a month, please dont mention interest rates or anything relating to money lol Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:48 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClaireBear88 wrote:
21 Thumbs Up Being a student nurse on £170 a month, please dont mention interest rates or anything relating to money lol Smile


Its a steady slope from there I am afraid ... you'll wake up one sunny day and consider if you should take a jacket 'just in case' Laughing

You are then 2 steps away from buying a cycle helmet ... It's an inevitability!! Mr. Green
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pickled
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 14 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:56 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue_SV650S wrote:

Its a steady slope from there I am afraid ... you'll wake up one sunny day and consider if you should take a jacket 'just in case' Laughing

You are then 2 steps away from buying a cycle helmet ... It's an inevitability!! Mr. Green

dont listen Clairebear Wink I am considerably older than you and I refuse to grow up never mind grow old Twisted Evil
it doesnt have to be all interest rates, jackets and cycle helmets Laughing Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:58 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to point out I only acquired a cycle helmet because they won't let you play without one Smile.
Though I probably really /should/ wear it, especially if I do start commuting on the bike occasionally.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pickled
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 14 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:59 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
I'd like to point out I only acquired a cycle helmet because they won't let you play without one Smile.

that wont wash you know Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Banned This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:08 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickled wrote:

dont listen Clairebear Wink I am considerably older than you and I refuse to grow up never mind grow old Twisted Evil
it doesnt have to be all interest rates, jackets and cycle helmets Laughing Laughing


BS, I can almost guarantee you have come out with the following line at some point already:- "the music is a bit loud here, shall we move??" (or something to that end). Wink

Or "oh no, better not have another, got <summin> to do tomorrow!" ..... Mr. Green
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:19 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickled wrote:

that wont wash you know Wink

Have a look at the rest of my ensemble - the gym trousers I had when I was 12, a motocross top, one paintball glove and one motocross glove. The shoes are mountain bike ones - but it's a cyclocross race, not a mountain bike race, so I'm not impacting the unprofessional image!
It seems there were some fairly high level people there - I got lapped while still in my first lap! Been going to the gym a bit this year, so the aim is not to finish last in class of finishers this year Smile.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ClaireBear
Traffic Copper



Joined: 27 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:23 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]dont listen Clairebear Wink I am considerably older than you and I refuse to grow up never mind grow old Twisted Evil
it doesnt have to be all interest rates, jackets and cycle helmets Laughing Laughing[/quote]

Not forgetting the werthers originals lol Laughing

The only time I had a cycle helmet was when I was a kid and used to take it off around the corner out of sight of my parents lol And then used to put it around the handlebars- got to protect the handlebars you see Laughing

Dont worry we will all be at the stage one day where we will be doing the crossword to keep our minds active lol just in case lol And then when dementia kicks in, we are like children again lol Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:32 - 14 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to enjoy an afternoon nap, I even plan it into my diary for each day.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 48 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.84 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 136.2 Kb