Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Toe Sliders

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Ichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:23 - 03 Sep 2009    Post subject: Toe Sliders Reply with quote

I'm after some a pair of velcro toe sliders. The only ones I can find are from Wiz but they look almost flat. The boots are Gaerne Strada Evo. Been in touch with the UK office and they don't stock the replacements, no reply from Gaerne.

Does anyone know of any other velcro toe slider thats available?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mystery
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:49 - 03 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

tryed ebay or something might have abit of luck
____________________
Carbon knuckles assure you maximum protect against debris and unfortunate accidents or if someone cuts you off, their side mirror.Mopeds are like chubby chicks.. they are really fun to ride until you're friends catch you on one
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:19 - 03 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay? Superb advice, never thought of that Rolling Eyes Laughing

Maybe I'll go and try 'something', you never know Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mystery
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:21 - 03 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichy wrote:
Ebay? Superb advice, never thought of that Rolling Eyes Laughing

Maybe I'll go and try 'something', you never know Wink

haha yeah maybe, i dont really know another other sites like ebay other than gumtree but you probs wont find anything there
____________________
Carbon knuckles assure you maximum protect against debris and unfortunate accidents or if someone cuts you off, their side mirror.Mopeds are like chubby chicks.. they are really fun to ride until you're friends catch you on one
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:27 - 03 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, I've tried all the usual internet places that I can think of and google only came up with the wiz ones. Damn it, means I might have to go to a REAL shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bunglehaze
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 12 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:59 - 03 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the distributor?

If not call Tranam on 01425 620580

cheers

leigh Smile
____________________
https://bikechatter.net
Motorcycle Products Reviews and News
06 - ZZR600 > 07 - ZX6R J1 > 08 - ZX6R J2 > 09 - ZX636 A1P > 11 - ZX10R C1H
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:07 - 03 Sep 2009    Post subject: Re: Toe Sliders Reply with quote

Ichy wrote:
Been in touch with the UK office and they don't stock the replacements


Yep that was TranAm. Thanks anyway.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

garth
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:24 - 04 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not go to a fabric shop, buy some velcro, attach to normal sliders, voila
____________________
You ain't a has been if you never was
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:36 - 04 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had thought of that since I have about 30 foot of velcro in my garage but it was how to attach to the slider that was the problem. While typing this I did think of using a small washer and a countersunk screw from the inside. We'll see. Cheers.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

garth
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:46 - 04 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or small strong staples, that's what they're like on knee sliders. Or araldite. Thumbs Up
____________________
You ain't a has been if you never was
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:54 - 04 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Forgot I've got two staple guns in my garage Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the advice, much easier.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:12 - 04 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised someone hasn't already suggested...
Why don't you just stop scraping your toes on the ground?
Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:41 - 04 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried but its hard to change gear with your feet on the rear pegs.

I think there is something odd with the way I ride anyway. My feet hit the floor way before my knees. I think I ride with my feet pointing outwards?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

garth
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:17 - 04 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably riding with the arch of your foot on the peg, not your toes.
____________________
You ain't a has been if you never was
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Carl Howell
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 27 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:47 - 04 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really should start riding with the balls of your feet on the pegs when cornering. When in a straight line just ride how your comfortable but when cornering you want the balls of your feet on the pegs. I've only got my toes down once (and I can get the pegs down most of the time) and that was because I needed another gear on a left hander. Solution, go into the corner a gear higher.
____________________
Owned: 2002 Gilera DNA 50, Yamaha DT125R

Own: Yamaha FZX250 Zeal (FZR250 engine as a similar shape to a Hornet)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:06 - 04 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichy wrote:

I think there is something odd with the way I ride anyway. My feet hit the floor way before my knees. I think I ride with my feet pointing outwards?

That sounds likely.
With normal riding, try and keep the ball of your foot on the peg, with the side of your foot pressed up against the side of the bike.
It’s quite usual for riders to ride with the mid to rear of their foot on their peg, with the ball of their foot sticking out - ‘duck feet’. From this, you should only actually have to move your foot a little forward to use the gear lever. If you’re grinding your foot while changing gear, well, err, I’d find a way to avoid that as it sounds a bit dangerous really!
Obviously less of an issue to have your outside foot in a duck-position while cornering.
Hanging off the bike more, or increasing ground clearance in other ways may help too.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:44 - 04 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
If you’re grinding your foot while changing gear, well, err, I’d find a way to avoid that as it sounds a bit dangerous really!


No, just cornering. To be honest I know the gear lever needs moving, I just CBA. In its current position I have to bend my foot downwards a bit to get under the lever. Guess I'll move it later. Maybe.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 35 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.99 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 93.86 Kb