Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


In Helmet Audio

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Digitalize
Nearly there...



Joined: 09 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:30 - 03 Sep 2009    Post subject: In Helmet Audio Reply with quote

I have a Shark S900 helmet, and an iPhone 3G S. Looking to add music to my helmet, from the iPhone, and possibly even calls.

What kits are there? Bluetooth would be a plus, but I guess hard wired versions must be around.

How would I go around fitting it? I wore the walky talky kinda thing for my CBT, and it nearly ripped my ear off taking the helmet off. And wasn't comfortable. Haven't tried headphones because of this.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dextersaurus
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:07 - 03 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earphones Smile

I use them every time, in my left ear, earplug in my right.

They aint that bad, just have to use proper in-ear ones.

the wrap around ones (wrap round your ear) suck, they hurt when im riding...

in-ear is the way to go Thumbs Up

Dunc
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:08 - 03 Sep 2009    Post subject: Re: In Helmet Audio Reply with quote

I'd try some decent ear-bud style headphones; should hopefully offer some ear-plug style protection.
On my Cabergs, I found you had to take some pads around the ears out to use them, when you did it was comfortable, without even my moulded earplug headphones were very uncomfortable.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Digitalize
Nearly there...



Joined: 09 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:12 - 03 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ot a pair of Goldring GX200's, which are awesome, but they stick out of my ear quite a bit, and I'm 90% sure my s900 doesn't have removable pads for headphones :/ will investigate tomorrow I guess.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi



Joined: 08 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:36 - 03 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know people were saying avoid vcan the other day but I saw on their site they do integrated bluetooth lids.

https://www.vcansports.com/blinc.html
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Aka Matt
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 15 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:12 - 04 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use an autocom 200 for radio chat between bike to bike, music to my helmet, chat between rider to pillion and can also connect my phone to it to receive phone calls whilst riding. The mics are clear above legal limits and the speakers are pretty good too. Can also get vaious other looms so you can connect your own in ear speakers etc if you dont get on with the standard ones.
____________________
Current bike(s): 2016 Tuono 1100 Factory, 1998 Hornet 600
Previous: 1998 YZF600R Thundercat, 2001 Bandit 600, 2002 GSX-R 600 K2, 2011 Tuono R, 2013 Z1000SX
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 31 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.54 - MySQL Queries: 15 - Page Size: 47.66 Kb