Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


do you miss your old bike?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

damz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:12 - 15 Sep 2009    Post subject: do you miss your old bike? Reply with quote

since my restriction is up im going to be getting a bigger bike soon but i suffer from horrible buyers remorse (gets better after a while) and thinking about how gutted im going to be when i sell my rvf and open the garage door to find its not there and been replaced. granted it will be replaced with something more powerful and in all respects better but the wee bike has been so good to me that im certain i will shed a tear when i see it being ridden away Sad am i the only one? do you wish you could buy back an old bike? or regret selling it all together?
____________________
Current Bikes RVF400 - 94
Cars: RX7 FD, Eunos Roadster
Former Bikes: FZR 250R 89, ZX7R 98
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
K0rnIsAFAGGOT This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:16 - 15 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never sold a bike I liked Laughing
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:06 - 15 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of regret selling my 400/4, RVF, Blade and CB1. They were sold for newer/more powerful machinery, which didn't really fill the void that was left when they went. Hence why I sold the Blade for another NC30 and ended up with 2 other 400s (eventually). Those early years taught me what kind of bikes I enjoyed, and 400s cater for most of that. I don't really need any more performance that bigger/newer bikes provide.

Try and test ride some bikes once your restriction's up but before you part with the RVF. It has been great that I've been able to own and ride a myriad of different types of bikes on offer today; if only to solidify what kind of bikes I get most enjoyment out of.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:41 - 15 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I really missed my Buell XB12R, so recently I bought an XB12S.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

truslack
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:10 - 15 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss my RS50 Embarassed Crying or Very sad
____________________
Current: Suzuki RG 125 Gamma, Honda H100, Triumph Tiger 800XC, Suzuki SV650 (minitwin)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:25 - 15 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the 7r, not sure if its due to this that I'm not really taken with the TRX.
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

LordShaftesbu...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:57 - 15 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the brakes from my Cagiva Raptor, they were much better than the ER-6n I've got now.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JAMSXR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:01 - 15 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the 636 Crying or Very sad

I'm planning on selling the RSV soon which I'm not particularly looking forward to, I'm hoping it's replacement will live up to my expectation...
____________________
Honda SFX50 > Aprilia SR125 > Aprilia RS125 > Honda RFV400 > K4 GSXR600 > KTM Duke > C1H 636 > K3 GSXR1000 > Aprilia RSV-R > Triumph Street Triple R > Ducati 899 Panigale > Aprilia Tuono 1100 > Triumph Daytona 675R > KTM SuperDuke 1290 2.0
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:04 - 15 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Pretty much all bikes. Hence I rarely sell any.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Banned This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Cptn. Awesome
Crazy Courier



Joined: 12 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:19 - 15 Sep 2009    Post subject: Re: do you miss your old bike? Reply with quote

Damz wrote:
since my restriction is up im going to be getting a bigger bike soon but i suffer from horrible buyers remorse (gets better after a while) and thinking about how gutted im going to be when i sell my rvf and open the garage door to find its not there and been replaced. granted it will be replaced with something more powerful and in all respects better but the wee bike has been so good to me that im certain i will shed a tear when i see it being ridden away Sad am i the only one?


I suffer from the same problem. I will sorely miss my VFR when it goes, sometime around xmas. The thing is it's for the best, I feel simply too big for the bike and compared to newer machines with fuel injection it's not the easiest to live with. On top of all that I'll miss the sound it makes from it's V4.

I can't afford to run two bikes and a car so something has to give. Unfortunately seeing as I share my car with my mam this means the VFR is getting the chop. If I win the lottery however I would keep it, although this scenario is highly unlikely.

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
____________________
Rides - '60 Plate Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25, '03 Plate Kawasaki ZX6R B1H and an '87 VFR400 NC24

Naughty Fawbish: "An eagle is but an eagle until the suns flare blinds his prey." - Fawbish, 2010.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

wizzzard
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:43 - 15 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without a shadow of a doubt it would be my old zxr750. I loved everything about that machine including all it's strange rattles and its much abused appearance.

If I ever have enough space to add another bike to the collection it will be another H2.
____________________
And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
Zeitgeist / Addendum / Moving forward
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr Hammers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:55 - 15 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still miss my old GT380. Not especially fast, but quick off the mark given plenty of revs, and terrible handling, but it still managed to be quite endearing.

If I had the money I'd look for another, but you don't see many around these days.
____________________
A Guide To Powerbands


Last edited by Mr Hammers on 10:00 - 15 Sep 2009; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:57 - 15 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like my CD185 back. My first bike after riding a moped for a year or so.

Mark
____________________
Current bikes: Honda ST1100 Pan European. Moto Guzzi V85 TT Travel
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:59 - 15 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Hammers wrote:
I still miss my old GT380. Not especially fast, but quick off the mark given plenty of revs, and terrible handling, but it still managed to be quite endearing.

If I had the money I'd look for another, but you don't many around these days.


My Dad has one in bits in his garage. First bike I went pillion on!! Cool
____________________
CBR125|||GSXR400|||CBR400|||CBR400|||CB250RS|||GSXR750|||CB250RS Mr. Green
"You're clumsy, you eat too much and you behave like a 12 year old boy. But you know what? Every once in a while, you find a thumb."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:05 - 15 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I occasionally miss my Repsol. Crying or Very sad

https://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr356/Langnasen7/repper.jpg
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:11 - 15 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss something about each of the bikes I've sold. If I had the garage space and finances, I'd have them all back, although if I had to trim the list down, I'd have my CB250RS as a daily runner, the XJ900F as a motorway/distance tool and the AJS 350 as a keep shiny/bimble at the weekend bike.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Blau Zedong This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Mr Hammers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:03 - 15 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudskipper wrote:
My Dad has one in bits in his garage. First bike I went pillion on!! Cool

If he would let me buy it cheap, I promise to rebuild it and take you on the back to relive your youth Thumbs UpWink
____________________
A Guide To Powerbands
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mark83
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:44 - 15 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Hi

Pretty much all bikes. Hence I rarely sell any.

All the best

Keith


Hoarder!!!

haha!

Wink
____________________
Kawasaki ER6n -> Honda CBR600RR -> Honda VTR 1000 -> Moto Guzzi Norge 1200
Buy my Mercedes 350 Sport AMG Evo
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:05 - 15 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss my scooter Crying or Very sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

virus
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:08 - 15 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do miss my old cg, it was a great bike for everything i wanted except power, and that's why I got rid, in hindsight I probably should have kept it as a town bike/commuter for the savings in petrol.

I miss the gpz750 lots, im stuck on an old 400 at the moment and really miss the power and the brutal ratbike look of the 750, that and im constantly in fear of binning this clean 400.



Cheers
John
____________________
own: 81 xs1100g...
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

truslack
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:09 - 15 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

virus wrote:
I do miss my old cg, it was a great bike for everything i wanted except power, and that's why I got rid, in hindsight I probably should have kept it as a town bike/commuter for the savings in petrol.

I miss the gpz750 lots, im stuck on an old 400 at the moment and really miss the power and the brutal ratbike look of the 750, that and im constantly in fear of binning this clean 400.



Cheers
John


What happened to the Geeperz? I loved that bike Crying or Very sad
____________________
Current: Suzuki RG 125 Gamma, Honda H100, Triumph Tiger 800XC, Suzuki SV650 (minitwin)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LordShaftesbu...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:34 - 15 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:


Why have you stuffed a guinea pig down your collar?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 21 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 1.91 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 131.68 Kb