|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:24 - 02 Oct 2009 Post subject: Adverts on TV and in Newspapers / Magazines |
 |
|
Hi
Following seeing this on the BBC News site, just wondering how much people dislike adverts. Do they bother you at all?
If there were paid for TV channels that had no advertising (and which interested you), how much would you be prepared to pay?
Same for newspapers or magazines.
Personally not sure. Adverts in magazines and newspapers are easy to ignore so not sure I would pay anything extra not to have them (although if they are that easily ignored that might suggest that they are not really that useful for the advertisers). With a local paper the adverts are one reason for buying it.
However for TV I think I would pay more (but then I would also prefer to only pay for the channels I want to watch, not be limited to some package of random Sky channels). Not sure how much more.
Also not sure with some programs whether they would need substantial re-editing. Too many documentaries seem to spend the first few minutes after the adverts repeating much of the last segment. Could probably easily cut down a 1 hour show with adverts and repeated sections into a half hour show.
All the best
Keith ____________________ Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| wizzzard |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 wizzzard World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Mar 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:44 - 02 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I find television and radio adverts almost as intrusive as cold calling and would happily see them relegated back into the depths of hell where their creators reside. I once watched a korean station for one reason or another and through the entire program there was a bar at the bottom of the screen playing the adverts we would normally get in the breaks and just for good measure they actually had advert breaks aswell .
I see the reason for adverts working in retail but I do also prefer watching the bbc network to the independents because I'm not bombarded with them every fifteen minutes.
I would personally prefer no advert breaks in programmes and extended ones between each programme, it just seems less forced this way. Probably one reason I dont mind adverts in papers and magazines is they dont tend to stick them mid way through a story or article.
I don't watch enough TV to justify paying more for the channels to go non commercial though. ____________________ And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
Zeitgeist / Addendum / Moving forward |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Skudd |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Skudd Super Spammer

Joined: 01 Oct 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sir Black Pig |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sir Black Pig World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Oct 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:23 - 02 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I resign myself to put up with them, I am too tight for sky, the TV license makes me angry. So the alternative is advert sponsored channels.
But what pisses me off monumentally..... Is the advert at the beginning of a DVD.
I don't want to buy adverts! ____________________ Eurotrip 2009
Sportugal 2010 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bEN_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bEN_ World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Dec 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sir Black Pig |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sir Black Pig World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Oct 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:30 - 02 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
^^ Funny as foch, ... sorry I have used all of my karma today.
 ____________________ Eurotrip 2009
Sportugal 2010 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TUG |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TUG World Chat Champion
Joined: 12 May 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Shaggy D.A. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Shaggy D.A. Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bubbs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bubbs World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 May 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 1 day ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|