 Steve-gsxr L Plate Warrior
Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 20:04 - 14 Jun 2004 Post subject: GSXR 600 K2 CAM CHAIN |
 |
|
Hi people
I really need some help i have just bought a Haynes manual and it has not helped one bit!
I have a gsxr 600 k2 and the cam chain is rattling a little so i thought it would need tighting up, but i can not find anything about the tensioner except removal, does this mean it is an automatic tensioner or should it have a manual one.
any help will be appreciated.
cheers
|
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:06 - 14 Jun 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
I would be extremely surprised if it had a manual camchain tensioner!
Its automatic... you may need to replace it.  ____________________ British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another. |
|
 Mr Pants! I Karma
Joined: 29 May 2004 Karma :     
|
|
 Dusty King of the Rim

Joined: 25 Mar 2003 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:20 - 18 Jun 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
As said it will be automatic.
The one on my R6 went, but was literally a five minute job to replace. Only cost about £40 for the new one as far as I can remember. ____________________ Gallery |
|