Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Leather Jacket

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

ReadySalted
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:43 - 13 Oct 2009    Post subject: Leather Jacket Reply with quote

Hi there, I'm quite concious of posting threads in the wrong areas, as on most forums it always seems to be sacrilidge. So if this is in the wrong area, my apologies but I couldn't see an area to discuss clothing and eqpt.
Anyways, I bought a leather jacket from George Whites website (I have a textile one for practicality and weather, but always thought leather is so much cooler, and I wanted a jacket that matched trousers). It's the Lewis Gear Outcast jacket and trousers. but my concern is with the jacket. It's comfortable but seems very slightly short on the sleeves. The length on the torso is fine, and the chest is not constricting, but not loose at all. I've read that leather will stretch slightly with sweating and wearing, but is this just a myth? I'm happy with the jacket and will probably keep it anyhow, but I just want to know for sure.
Thanks, Dan.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mystery
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:49 - 13 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes leather will stretch abit thats why you should get a slightly tight one because after about a month of wearing it, it will stretch by about 5-10mm or something like that
____________________
Carbon knuckles assure you maximum protect against debris and unfortunate accidents or if someone cuts you off, their side mirror.Mopeds are like chubby chicks.. they are really fun to ride until you're friends catch you on one
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

the grim reaper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:55 - 13 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the sleeves will not grow, they will shrink as the leather gets creased. I was always told to buy a jacket with slightly too long sleeves as you will lose about 1/2 an inch as theyt crease.

Cheers

Grim
____________________
Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

yen_powell
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:26 - 13 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry sir, you'll find they will ride down with wear........

Actually though, all my old leather jackets seem to have got shorter in the arms, I just thought I was eating too many bananas.
____________________
Blackmail is a nasty word........but not as nasty as phlegm!
XT1200Z and a DR350 in bits
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:05 - 13 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

the grim reaper wrote:
I was always told to buy a jacket with slightly too long sleeves as you will lose about 1/2 an inch as theyt crease.


Agreed. The hide will shrink from cut to cut, but will loose elasticity, hence seemingly getting baggier around the body and elbows. Thumbs Up
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pyx_e
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:06 - 13 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead Fly Juice tends to soften them up a bit. My Jacket is n ow as soft as a babies bum and an inch thick in dead bugs.
____________________
Shiney!
Kawasaki: ER5, Versys, VN900.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 358 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.31 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 48.38 Kb