Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Stafford?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:18 - 16 Oct 2009    Post subject: Stafford? Reply with quote

Who's going and on what day?

I'll be there on Sunday, probably early as i have to work at 5pm. Might see a few BCF people there i guess!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:49 - 16 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am there in the morning (Sat).
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:52 - 16 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I will be there tomorrow.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:24 - 16 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also going.

Never been to a bike show dedicated to slightly older bikes.

Should be a good day out.

Is there free parking for bikes and what does stuff cost etc like food and whatnot.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:28 - 16 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Parking is free. Think there is normally a helmet park that does charge (for charity). Parking is on the other side of the road, but close to the road (the car park uses the fields, and fills up rapidly),

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Muscle Bike Rider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:32 - 16 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where and what is this exactly, sounds interesting?
____________________
Previously Known As A5tra_G
Old Bikes :2010 Kawasaki ER6 F & 2000 Honda VTR Firestorm
Current Bike : XJR1300
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mooserx
Nearly there...



Joined: 14 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:51 - 17 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going in approx 3 hours time!, in car though as bike is still not road worthy, I need some bits and bobs for the cbr, should be intresting.
____________________
TL1000r-handful.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:37 - 17 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

A5tra_G wrote:
Where and what is this exactly, sounds interesting?


Just outside Stafford. It is at the County Showground, about 2 miles to the East of Stafford on the A518.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:44 - 17 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you spend all day hiding each time you saw me Keith? I spend just about £11.50 all day including watching the Wall of Death (£2.50). Good day out. Very Happy
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mooserx
Nearly there...



Joined: 14 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:44 - 17 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having been to thr show, i managed to get some plugs and mirrors, couldn't find the clevis pins or bolts i needed though. poo.
____________________
TL1000r-handful.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:50 - 17 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

1930 Ariel wrote:
Did you spend all day hiding each time you saw me Keith? I spend just about £11.50 all day including watching the Wall of Death (£2.50). Good day out. Very Happy


Kept an eye out for you but didn't see you.

I didn't spend much. Bought some cables for various bikes we have, some fairing rubbers for the TZR250, some cheapo spanners to go in the car and a box of random bits for the H100.

Also bought some simple bike models for Charlottes nephews.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kai.Wilson
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 26 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:01 - 17 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could go to a bike show


A 50cc doesnt really cut it on busy roads Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:03 - 17 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

phantomkai wrote:
A 50cc doesnt really cut it on busy roads Razz


I rode there on a 50cc bike Wink .

It is only about 5 miles away though.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Smooth
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:52 - 17 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it a YSR50 by any chance?
____________________
TDM850
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:04 - 17 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, blue one.

Wonder how many people aimed for the spot I was parked in thinking it was empty.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Smooth
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:13 - 17 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we saw it on the way out.
As my cousin said, "I'd have DVT if I'd ridden here on that"

As always, I was drawn towards the 70s Kawasakis - the Zs and Triples. That turbo'd Z900 must be a bit of a handful....

I had a good ride there and back the scenic way from Manchester. It was bit cold this morning though. Brrr.
____________________
TDM850
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:27 - 17 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

MC Bodge wrote:
As my cousin said, "I'd have DVT if I'd ridden here on that"


The vibration stops that being a problem Laughing . Furthest I have been on it was about 35 miles each way. It manages about 50mph so not too bad.

MC Bodge wrote:
As always, I was drawn towards the 70s Kawasakis - the Zs and Triples. That turbo'd Z900 must be a bit of a handful....


Didn't see the turbo Z900. Must admit it is the 250 2 squeaks that I tend to notice. There was a really nice reverse cylinder TZR250 on one stand. And if I didn't have too many projects I would have been even more tempted with a TZR125 that was for sale outside.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

_Alex_
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 19 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:57 - 17 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Yep, blue one.

Wonder how many people aimed for the spot I was parked in thinking it was empty.

All the best

Keith


I saw it Keith! Went up in the car with a few friends and took a wonder round the bikes at the end. Saw a nice NTV650 I could see myself on, and a little blue thing standing all by its self. Went and had a look and thought...who do I know that rides a TZR50 - that bloke off BCF!

Top notch fella, was a good day out. Thoroughly reccomend to anyone thinking of going tomorrow!
____________________
Bikes: RS50 (sold) XL125V (trade-in) GPZ500s (current - and loving it!)
Restriction over: 1/10/11
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TUG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:14 - 17 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there, first time i've ever been, was amazing being around cool bikes for a change. Only person i bumped into was chris on the streetfighter like stand upstairs in one of the buildings, chives was busy getting in as a kid lmfao and i didnt know what everyone else looked like.
____________________
Haz ER-5, innit!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:18 - 17 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set off at 8:30 this morning and only just arrived home at 22:00. Spent 7 hours walking around, didn't really see much that took my fancy though.

I bought a speedo cable that may or may not fit but it was only £1.50, a spark plug, some fuses and an old Motorcycle Mechanics magazine with a couple of interesting articles.

I spent £9.25 altogether including entrance. Can anyone guess how I did that? Laughing

I've got a few pictures I'll upload tomorrow. Stood for ages looking at the RG500 that had been signed by Kevin Schwantz and had only 3,000 miles on the clock. I want that bike.

Also saw a blue Honda Chaly in about the same condition as mine (but with straight forks), just as I arrived the guy who had bought it was picking it up. Asked the seller how much he got for it and he said €400 Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kai.Wilson
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 26 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:29 - 17 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
phantomkai wrote:
A 50cc doesnt really cut it on busy roads Razz


I rode there on a 50cc bike Wink .

It is only about 5 miles away though.

All the best

Keith



Yeah I live in colchester. A tiny bit further.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TUG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:47 - 17 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

XlonewolfX wrote:
chives was busy getting in as a kid lmfao

That? lol
____________________
Haz ER-5, innit!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TUG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:48 - 17 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chives, there was 2 chaleys, and i photo'd both haha.
____________________
Haz ER-5, innit!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:54 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went yesterday and thought it was great. Probably one of the best bike shows I have been too, there was so much to see there, so many great bikes and the burgers were pretty good too Very Happy. Definitely going to back again.
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:25 - 18 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

XlonewolfX wrote:
XlonewolfX wrote:
chives was busy getting in as a kid lmfao

That? lol


Shifty

XlonewolfX wrote:
Chives, there was 2 chaleys, and i photo'd both haha.


Be sure to upload them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 356 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.14 Sec - Server Load: 0.77 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 132.11 Kb