Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


The Mrs & X Factor

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Does your Mrs make you watch X Factor with her?
Yes
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
No
32%
 32%  [ 19 ]
Prefer not to disclose
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
I watch it through choice - best thing since sliced bread
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
I agree to watch it but only if I get something in return
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
I would rather go and clear the dog mess up from the back yard
22%
 22%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 58

Author Message

bladesman
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 22 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:29 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: The Mrs & X Factor Reply with quote

This is a sore subject of mine Twisted Evil
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:36 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

No she doesn't, and I would rather clear up dog mess from the back yard.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Feasty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:27 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 3 types of TV I watch:

1) When I'm watching with the missus and it's something she wants to watch.
2) When I'm watching with the missus and it's something we both want to watch.
3) When I'm watching without the missus and it's something I want to watch!

Says it all really! Rolling Eyes And if I decide to play on the computer (about 3 metres from the telly in the same room) while she's watching her programs on telly, I get these cold looks! Shocked

As for the X factor, I only watch it to see the twins make complete idiots of themselves again. It'd be hilarious if they won it!! Laughing
____________________
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Carl_steveo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:40 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like watching the x-factor but only the auditions because some people are fucking inbred. I hate the live shows, it's boring but yes I am forced to watching it and it has now destroyed my weekends. But on the plus side she doe's have to watch the MotoGP and the F1 so she gets it back.
____________________
Current: Honda Nsr 125
Live: Sunderland
Luke "cant be arsed to read your post, but suck my balls anyway."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:09 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watch x-factor with her and it means on Sunday she cooks a roast and does the housework while I watch the F1 and motoGP!

SCORE!
____________________
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck Norris?

All of it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:22 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my drumkit or bike isn't in the front room, then sometimes we've seen it.

Pat
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

flat spot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:40 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hardly watch any telly but I did see one of the funniest things ever on an old X factor. It may have been a Christmas thing or something but they had some of the real mefs that didn't make it past the 1st round all together.

They all had a line to sing out of a song and this was their only chance of ever being on the telly proper.

Anyway the camera flicked to various people as they sang their lines. When it came to one mef she just looked blank, realised it was her time to sing but missed it and it went to the next person.

I don't know why but it was so funny to watch. The only chance ever to sing and she fucked it up. It wouldn't surprise me if she still isn't on suicide watch years later.

Sadly that's the only memorable thing I've seen in years. The exact reason why I don't bother with TV much.
Except of coarse Judge Judy when I'm having my tea. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hobes
Crazy Courier



Joined: 16 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:31 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily for me she sees that show for the shower of shit it really is and subsequently it's NEVER on in my house, not even for a dare!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:25 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agonyst wrote:
Luckily for me she sees that show for the shower of shit it really is and subsequently it's NEVER on in my house, not even for a dare!

Is she called Barry?
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mistergixer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:59 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than suffer Xfactor, I actually went out and bought a dog, just so i could have some mess in the back yard to clean up.
____________________
Space Monkey #7
Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!
Mistergixer's videos on YouTube
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:47 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a missus.
But no, I don't watch it. And I wouldn't watch it, unless I was visiting a friend who sat and watched it. This is the way I have been sucked into Big Brother in the past Shocked . Needless to say I will avoid visiting said friend when such programmes are on.

I personally think it's a bit duff when you are visiting a friend, and they switch the tv on to watch some crap they could watch another time. Rolling Eyes . I personally value conversation a lot more than telly.
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:23 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sit at the computer, listening to decent music on my Zen.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:20 - 23 Oct 2009    Post subject: Re: The Mrs & X Factor Reply with quote

bladesman wrote:
This is a sore subject of mine Twisted Evil


I'm guessing you're forced to watch it.

Pussy whipped mother f*cker. Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Doovy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:35 - 24 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was in the year above Stacey Solomon in secondary school, she went out with 2 guys from my class. she has absolutely nothing going on inside her head of any use to anyone and is still as annoying to listen to her speak now as she was then...

still want her to win though because she sings very well! and yes my mum and misses watch it. So whichever house i'm at it is on.
____________________
Yamaha RXS 100 > Honda CD 250 > Honda Hornet 600 > Honda CBR 600RR > Yamaha RXS 100 > Kawasaki ZX6R J2 > Yamaha FZ1
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:00 - 24 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I personally think it's a bit duff when you are visiting a friend, and they switch the tv on to watch some crap they could watch another time. . I personally value conversation a lot more than telly.
....yeah...ignorant sods. I've got a freind who watches telly with the sound down whilst listening to CDs..weird or what? Last time i was there we watched no-factor with a frank zappa soundtrack.


Pat
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Asharin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:21 - 24 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mrs hates X-Factor and related programs as much as I do.

I knew she had to have at least ONE good point Very Happy
____________________
I can't sing: https://laughinginpurgatory.bandcamp.com and https://soundcloud.com/laughing-in-purgatory
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.
2008 Honda Dullsville 700
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mistergixer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:58 - 24 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

....yeah...ignorant sods. I've got a freind who watches telly with the sound down whilst listening to CDs..weird or what? Last time i was there we watched no-factor with a frank zappa soundtrack.


Pat


Weird, but sadly not unique. I've got a mate who does exactly the same thing. I end up sitting there watching the telly, and he plays his music too loud to converse without shouting.
Strangely, i very seldom ever visit him now - perhaps he was trying to tell me something?
____________________
Space Monkey #7
Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!
Mistergixer's videos on YouTube
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:25 - 24 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

bladesman wrote:
Does your Mrs make you watch X Factor with her? This is a sore subject of mine Twisted Evil


Where's the "Bladesman needs to grow a pair" option in the poll?

Howling Terror wrote:
I've got a freind who watches telly with the sound down whilst listening to CDs..weird or what? Last time i was there we watched no-factor with a frank zappa soundtrack.


When I'm at my PC (which has a TV next to it), I quite often listen to music with a film (muted) on the TV? Wierd? Dunno. I quite like doing multiple things at the same time.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:08 - 24 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've got a mate who does exactly the same thing
is he called Mark and has a cat called Archie who gave him 2 black eyes cos Mark was wrecked on homegrown and couldn't defend himself properly

Pat
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mistergixer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:11 - 25 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Quote:
I've got a mate who does exactly the same thing
is he called Mark and has a cat called Archie who gave him 2 black eyes cos Mark was wrecked on homegrown and couldn't defend himself properly

Pat


STOP.....STEALING.....MY....THOUGHTS.!!one!!
____________________
Space Monkey #7
Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!
Mistergixer's videos on YouTube
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:13 - 25 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^we need normal freinds...lets not talk again


Pat
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Stevie GooGs
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:09 - 26 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somthings are best done alone.

XFactor = my gaming time. Thumbs Up
____________________
Current: 2019 Yamaha T7 -> 2015 KTM Superduke R | 2000 Yamaha R1 Past -> 2009 KTM 990 SM -> 2005 kawasaki ZX10r -> 2000 Honda CBR 600 FY -> 2002 Honda XLV 125 Varadero
Bike Pics! -> My Photography Website
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bladesman
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 22 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:45 - 27 Oct 2009    Post subject: Re: The Mrs & X Factor Reply with quote

flip wrote:
bladesman wrote:
This is a sore subject of mine Twisted Evil


I'm guessing you're forced to watch it.

Pussy whipped mother f*cker. Mr. Green


My arm is twisted my friend! Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lostboy
Crazy Courier



Joined: 03 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:04 - 01 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

tribal_tiger wrote:
I watch x-factor with her and it means on Sunday she cooks a roast and does the housework while I watch the F1 and motoGP!

SCORE!


Well done mate a man after my own heart Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
____________________
Never invite a vampire into your house you silly boy!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 341 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.53 - MySQL Queries: 15 - Page Size: 135.54 Kb