 borolad Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 06 Dec 2009 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:57 - 06 Dec 2009 Post subject: Suzuki GSF 650 SA |
 |
|
Hi all, I've just registered to what looks like a fantastic forum
I passed my test a few months ago and bought the gsf 650 sa for my first bike, I'm very happy with it just lack knowledge in bikes and maintenance and everything really.
I have a issue, the handlebars, I have to fold them in to get round to my back garden where I keep the bike, the wing mirror mounts just loosen up and then I cannot put my mirror back into place as it just flops either forward or backward, having to tighten them up every day, is there a way around this?
Also I feel the headlight doesn't give out much light, is there either a) better bulbs to buy or b) a headlight conversion to improve the quality of sight.
I use my bike on short journeys maybe 3 or 4 times a week, (about 5 miles a day), what can I do to protect my bike through the winter apart from keep it covered over as much as possible? I keep it outside and use a cover I bought at a local bike shop but it isn't very good keeps getting blown off.
Dave ____________________ Suzuki GSF650SA |
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:07 - 06 Dec 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi
For the mirrors, there are probably 2 "nuts" on each one. One to tighten to fit them to the bars and another to tighten to stop them moving.
You can try some higher quality bulbs. If you don't care about it being illegal you can use a higher wattage bulb or you could fit an HID kit. First thing though is to get someone to check the headlight is set up right.
All the best
Keith ____________________ Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing |
|
 temeluchus World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Oct 2008 Karma :    
|
|
 borolad Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 06 Dec 2009 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:58 - 06 Dec 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks for the replies  ____________________ Suzuki GSF650SA |
|