Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Neonz - LED strip alternatives

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:15 - 08 Dec 2009    Post subject: Neonz - LED strip alternatives Reply with quote

I found the 'LED string' extra lights I chucked on my zx9 did make a decent difference to others seeing me - the muffs with the lights on are now on the KTM and new muffs for the zx9 should be arriving soon.

The LEDs didn't seem to like being flexed, with some LEDs dying at various points as time went on.
I was thinking I would try some of this sort of thing. Ideally, especially if I get a different commuter, I'll stick a load more lights over it, so no one can use the "I didn't see the bike" as a defence Smile.

Any things else I should look out for along these lines?
Oh and yes, I'm a tart, I've never denied it, though I would suggest my likely implementation will be rather un-tarty Smile.

This was what it looked like last winter:
https://gees.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p769987480.png
In the daylight: https://gees.zenfolio.com/p856663229/h1b76ac9c#h1b76ac9c
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mystery
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:29 - 09 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO i've found leds to be crap in the winter they seem to just brake up after a while, i think the next set i put on my bike with like 12 inch tubes maybe or invest in some decent leds for behind the fairings
____________________
Carbon knuckles assure you maximum protect against debris and unfortunate accidents or if someone cuts you off, their side mirror.Mopeds are like chubby chicks.. they are really fun to ride until you're friends catch you on one
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

garth
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:38 - 10 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some strange reason I quite like how fuckugly your ZX9 is. Smile
____________________
You ain't a has been if you never was
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:48 - 10 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reckon you'll get more help with your neonz on somewhere like maxpower.co.uk Razz.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:23 - 10 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares...tart or not, being lit up like a beacon should get you noticed for sure. Perfect!
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Chris750
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:41 - 10 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

G,

What's the power consuption on that lot?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:09 - 10 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do actually have a max-power login from circa 2004 Wink. Chris - not much I expect, being fairly low power LEDs.
In the configuration in the picture one of the main beam lights (not on) is also a 35W HID, meaning a bit of power is saved.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 306 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 4.87 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 52.14 Kb