Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


New to the forum, Hi!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Duncs
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 09 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:30 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: New to the forum, Hi! Reply with quote

Hi everyone

(Should this be in the wrong place feel free to move it!)

I'm Duncan, and i thought this'd be the right time to introduce myself. I've been riding for about 6 years, a cbr125 for 5 and my cbr600 fs sport for about 9 months.

Riding lots, and despite riding for such time i'm still very much learning lots!

Known as Duncs, or whatever you like to be honest

Take care all,

Duncs
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yuri2085
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:33 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Don't mean to be rude but its quite obvious which section this should be in =]

Welcome to the forum, glad you are still enjoying learning, there is always somewhere to improve.


Unlike our resident Dunc lets hope you don't fall off an average of once a week.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mystery
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:52 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the fourms

yuri2085 wrote:

Unlike our resident Dunc lets hope you don't fall off an average of once a week.


hes not had a fall the in last two weeks, hes getting better =D
____________________
Carbon knuckles assure you maximum protect against debris and unfortunate accidents or if someone cuts you off, their side mirror.Mopeds are like chubby chicks.. they are really fun to ride until you're friends catch you on one
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:57 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

yuri2085 wrote:
Hey! Don't mean to be rude but its quite obvious which section this should be in =]


Potty train much?

Quote:
New Bikers
Are you new to biking? Want advice on your licence or which bike is for you?


Doesn't say it's for introductions does it.

Hello Duncs.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:02 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

yuri2085 wrote:
Hey! Don't mean to be rude but its quite obvious which section this should be in =]

Erm, which section would that be Confused. Random banter may be a bit more appropriate, but it is related to bikes, to be fair.

Welcome to the forum, anyway Thumbs Up.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alexio
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:13 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome! Thumbs Up

At first I thought I might now be prone to mistaking you with Dunc, another member of this forum, but then read that you have a CBR125 (not his CG's) and that you don't crash your bike ever couple months so all should be well Laughing
____________________
will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dextersaurus
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:17 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO!!!!

Welcome to the forum, i'm going to call you dunc Smile

Laughing

As you have probably already read, i'm the destroyer of CG's. don't be surprised if someone misreads your name and thinks that i have bought a nicer bike....

Dunc
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:21 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi girlfriend.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:29 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

1930 Ariel wrote:
Hi girlfriend.


https://static-p3.fotolia.com/jpg/00/00/31/64/110_F_316449_RzaKISUNGm28jlEc4fu6HA20o8NcaX.jpg

Put down the Ricki Lake and step away from the TV.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:34 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey! Don't mean to be rude but its quite obvious which section this should be in =]


Hey! I don't mean to be dense but ... is it obvious?
I wouldn't have thought so.

It's not as if there is a subforum that says "Noobs say hello here"
(even the existing noobs subforum is not a place where people generally do the "this is me and this is what I am about" thing)

In fact I get quite cross if I go to a new forum and I have to do that.
I'd rather people remained a mystery.
Or enigmatic.
It makes life more interesting and dangerous, don't you think?

Anyway, Duncz, yeah hello.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:40 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

It's not as if there is a subforum that says "Noobs say hello here"
(even the existing noobs subforum is not a place where people generally do the "this is me and this is what I am about" thing)

Current noobs subforum specifies new bikers not new to the forum (I even un-hid it to check before making my first post).
I never quite 'got' having a forum dedicated to just saying hello - seems the only people really to read it would probably be the other people saying hello too Smile.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

yuri2085
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:07 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out I was wrong lol.
Well there is a lot of 'hello I am new' in that forum. And when I go in that forum I expect to see a lot of 'hello I am new' (new bikers we are talking about here)

I see the point about him not being a new biker but I would still say its a good place for introductions; I prefer seeing introductions there rather than in general bike chat.

Clearly I stand corrected.


edit: although I also don't see a special need for introductions, but unlike many other forums I have not seen someone told off for posting asking for help without an introduction thread. Which is a positive.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

santa668
Nova Slayer



Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:27 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered about that (reading sticky on posting rules carefully) before deciding sod it, I'm a new biker, I'll say hello in the new biker forum! 'Course, as Duncs (and yuri) says, he's not a new biker, so even less obvious...

hellkat, yeah it can seem a bit inane to have a topic where people just say 'hi!' Sort of like the shallow end of the forum pool for noobs to get their feet wet before they venture into *unspecified doom laden noise* GENERAL BIKE CHAT!! *abandon hope all ye who enter....*

My thoughts were that I'd been lurking for a couple of weeks, it seemed like the polite thing to do to say 'hi, I'm new, if I say something stupid, please resist the urge to flame me...' or subtext to that effect Wink

Anyway, Hi Duncs!

Nick
____________________
Piaggio Liberty 125 '06
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:31 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

santa668 wrote:
yeah it can seem a bit inane to have a topic where people just say 'hi!'

Nick


It's just polite. Which is probably why I never said hello and just joined in. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Duncs
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 09 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:59 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reasoning was that i'm not a new biker, and i'd like to say, i'm glad as (albeit until now) a stranger i can stir such controversy just by introducing myself!

Anyway, hi guys

and Dunc, i'll try not to get confused, but this could be difficult as i once walked past my brother in the hallway and turned to him, putting a hand through my hair and having a heart attack when i discovered he wasn't a mirror.

Personally i reckon the S will sort absolutely everything out Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:01 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Duncs...welcome to the forum, and ignore the noobs comment for pointing out you were wrong, when he hasn't been here long enough (i.e. pre 2004) to point such things out. Razz

Or unless G, Bendy or Kickstart say it's wrong, then you're in BIG trouble... Wink

Adhere to the Rule Book in Random Banter, and you should fit in fine. Thumbs Up
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dextersaurus
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:10 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duncs wrote:


and Dunc, i'll try not to get confused, but this could be difficult as i once walked past my brother in the hallway and turned to him, putting a hand through my hair and having a heart attack when i discovered he wasn't a mirror.


Ahh legend Laughing

Hopefully, otherwise everyone will blame you for killing CG's and saving the environment, both of which are strict no-no's in the biking world.

Dunc
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Duncs
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 09 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:48 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol my bike's taken a beating on occasion, but nothing it couldn't handle!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mord
Nearly there...



Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:53 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums Thumbs Up

You ride CBR, yes.. is your name Tony by any chance?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 300 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.55 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 103.03 Kb