Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


how do I get oil out smell out of leather

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

mrr1
Traffic Copper



Joined: 24 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:10 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: how do I get oil out smell out of leather Reply with quote

hi there

just taken delivery ofan old classic "Brando" style leather jacket from fleabay after my off. Jackets in great nick BUT smells of oil (you know that kind of oily smell you get at scrapyards?). Whats the best way to clean a leather jacket and get rid of this smell?
____________________
TRX850, TDM900, ST1300, CB650SC Nighthawk, ragtop Saab, gym membership, messy divorce, large chested blonde fiance
Damn, I'm loving my midlife crisis.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:26 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scented baby wipes might work or loads of Febreze.
____________________
Current; 10' Aprilia Dorsoduro 750.
Previous; 05 Triumph Daytona 600, 08' Ducati 1098s.
"Needs a check-up, fae the neck up!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

swiftb
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:30 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

pack of £2 leather wipes from supermarkets/halfords etc. Last ones i had smelt of marzipan. Mmmmmmmmmmm marzipannnnnn Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:33 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do nothing to it. You are smelling like bikers aught to smell.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mrr1
Traffic Copper



Joined: 24 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:42 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

leather wipes = smell like a cake
fabreeze = smell like ya mums car
baby wipes = smell like gary glitters pants
do nothing = smell like a pikey

come on chaps..............
Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
____________________
TRX850, TDM900, ST1300, CB650SC Nighthawk, ragtop Saab, gym membership, messy divorce, large chested blonde fiance
Damn, I'm loving my midlife crisis.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:44 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wear it, the wind will air it for you. Smile

*Awaits the helmet hair thread* https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/flip_/HardGay.gif

Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:54 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave it as it is.

Leather and oil: mmmm!
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:26 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave it overnight at my friends house it will then smell of cat wee.

Bloody cats



Pat
I smell of wee
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:09 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Re: how do I get oil out smell out of leather Reply with quote

I would send the seller another £20 for sending you a mans jacket. Thumbs Up
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mrr1
Traffic Copper



Joined: 24 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:24 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Re: how do I get oil out smell out of leather Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
I would send the seller another £20 for sending you a mans jacket. Thumbs Up


I want to smell of the stuff that makes women want to throw their bodies at me not their loose change.
____________________
TRX850, TDM900, ST1300, CB650SC Nighthawk, ragtop Saab, gym membership, messy divorce, large chested blonde fiance
Damn, I'm loving my midlife crisis.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:41 - 11 Dec 2009    Post subject: Re: how do I get oil out smell out of leather Reply with quote

mrr1 wrote:
I want to smell of the stuff that makes women want to throw their bodies at me not their loose change.


Then you need to sweat in it a bit, as well.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:34 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think HK is getting aroused here. Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mystery
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:44 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

flip wrote:
I think HK is getting aroused here. Shocked
who isn't Laughing
____________________
Carbon knuckles assure you maximum protect against debris and unfortunate accidents or if someone cuts you off, their side mirror.Mopeds are like chubby chicks.. they are really fun to ride until you're friends catch you on one
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:48 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm, me. Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dextersaurus
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:36 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

leather, oil, baby wipes, loose change and women throwing themselves at people....

This could be a good thread if we continue to SLOWLY go off topic.

on topic, stick it in the washing machine, see what happens Laughing

off topic, i think HK was aroused at the mention of leather and oil in the same sentence.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:04 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not Evil or Very Mad

(much)

I was merely suggesting that male pheromones might help.

I think putting it in the washing machine will REALLY fuck it up.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dextersaurus
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:22 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing get some lubberly BO on the go.

Yeah, i stuck my leather/textile jacket in the wash once... and it stopped being waterproof Shocked

I agree with the airing out comment

just go onto the bypass, get to your bikes top speed, stand up on the pegs and hold on tight.

Dunc
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThoughtContro...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:55 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

1930 Ariel wrote:
Do nothing to it. You are smelling like bikers aught to smell.


+1

You iz the hardcorest of hardcore bikers like Marlon Brando.

Carry a motorbike chain and if anyone says anything tw@ em one over the head.


"Johnny, what you rebelling against?"

"Waddya got?"

Razz Razz Razz
____________________
Prize cunt
--
"In a world of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:36 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wear the fucker.
Those jackets NEED character, and it takes time to acquire it.

I have one of those jackets, I've had it since 1984.
It looks like shit. But I love it.

I still wear it now (when I'm not being "sensible")
If anything epitomises my last 10 years riding, it's that jacket.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:46 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I must admit I miss my old leather jacket sometimes...got it second hand at about 14 (and yeah I could've still worn it today as it was too big for me anyway, and I've only filled out a little bit since then).

It was seriously skanky, and tattered, much like HK's above.
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dextersaurus
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:07 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to wear my leather jacket more, and make it like that.

I want a nice leather jacket that makes me look like i crash all the time, and people will get out my way.

Dunc
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:09 - 12 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

swiftb38 wrote:
pack of £2 leather wipes from supermarkets/halfords etc. Last ones i had smelt of marzipan. Mmmmmmmmmmm marzipannnnnn Laughing


Oh my word...not sure I could not be forced to taste it if it smelt of marzipan.... Laughing
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

virus
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:42 - 13 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why dont you get your perfume out of your handbag and use that? Laughing


Cheers
John
____________________
own: 81 xs1100g...
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:51 - 13 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Just wear the fucker.
Those jackets NEED character, and it takes time to acquire it.

I have one of those jackets, I've had it since 1984.
It looks like shit. But I love it.

I still wear it now (when I'm not being "sensible")
If anything epitomises my last 10 years riding, it's that jacket.



It's the perfect jacket, it keeps you warm whilest keeping you cool Laughing
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mrr1
Traffic Copper



Joined: 24 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:44 - 01 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
hellkat wrote:
Just wear the fucker.
Those jackets NEED character, and it takes time to acquire it.

I have one of those jackets, I've had it since 1984.
It looks like shit. But I love it.

I still wear it now (when I'm not being "sensible")
If anything epitomises my last 10 years riding, it's that jacket.



It's the perfect jacket, it keeps you warm whilest keeping you cool Laughing


yeah, yeah - I get it now - stinky, sweaty, shitty, shagged = good.

I still don't want to smell like I've been swapping golden showers with a scrapyard alsatian
____________________
TRX850, TDM900, ST1300, CB650SC Nighthawk, ragtop Saab, gym membership, messy divorce, large chested blonde fiance
Damn, I'm loving my midlife crisis.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 280 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.3 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 129.12 Kb