Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Metallica thread (again)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:04 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Metallica thread (again) Reply with quote

Don't know if people know this but anyway...

Fans all know the One video

This is the torrent for Johnny got his gun, the movie the song and video is based on.

Just thought you may be interested. I've never seen it or been able to get it before.

It can be bought and I believe the one video is on the extras. Smile

EDIT/ I'm probably the last person to know. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:14 - 01 Jul 2009    Post subject: Re: Metallica thread (again) Reply with quote

I personally always welcome a Metallica thread. Not seen that film, though it has been remade. I have 3 versions of One on my iPod, one is the normal, one S&M and one is the music video version with clips from the film dubbed over the top, you can tell its an old film.

I've heard the book is well worth reading!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rob_scott92
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 28 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:05 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't get me wrong, i love metallica and think they're awsome, and think that 'one' is great but i've never liked the video, the fact the guy is in the hospital repeating the words "kill me, kill me" has always kinda spooked me out. just thought i'd mention this vital piece of information to the thread Mr. Green

Rob Thumbs Up

P.s Long live Metallica!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:13 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case you want the One jammin' version.

Ya wuss. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

rob_scott92
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 28 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:12 - 02 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah great! no more nightmares for me now lol Laughing
____________________
First bike: 1982 Suzuki Gs 125 'The beast MK1' Wink > 1988 Honda Cb 350's' FOR SPORT! (Good ol' oil burner!) > 2001 Suzuki Sv 650 's' Made it out of the 80's! > 1997 Honda Cbr 600f :p
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:34 - 06 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't worth starting a new thread so...

Français Pour Une Nuit DVD. Nimes gig.

Ace. Cool

Ratio is fcuked but CovertXtoDVD burned it normal (16:9) and watching it through VLC player if you change the ratio to 16:9 it'll play normal. Picture quality isn't perfect at times but the sound is spot on.

https://btjunkie.org/torrent/7-7-09-Metallica-Nimes-France-DVD-Preview-Babou-amp-CJLCOOTER/3811ff5f76c12e194b888e1f84a24766b75b73af139c

Edit/ smaller download of it (half the size).

https://btjunkie.org/torrent/Metallica-World-Magnetic-Tour-09-Nimes-Dvbrip-booggy1971-BaLLanTeAm/43583dbeaf7fa289fb72419440cded406aad4665fce2


Last edited by Flip on 01:05 - 10 Nov 2009; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

neatbik
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:03 - 06 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Flip, i've been looking forward to this Cool Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

schooleydoo
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 31 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:01 - 06 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw them for the first time at Sonisphere in August. A favourite of mine was always "One", and the video is one of my favourite music videos ever. Never realised the background behind it though until speaking to a random there. I just assumed he was drunk/stoned/lying. Got home and researched it and decided it made the video even more haunting, but have wussed out of watching the film. For now.

Also ordered GH Metallica off the back of that show Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

teech
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 28 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:41 - 06 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Metallica at the milton Keynes bowl in 91 (or 92, it's a bit fuzzy) Most awesome gig in the world with Megadeth on the bill as well. Went down the front - bottles of piss flying everywhere and the guys at their absolute best. Had bruises and no voice left for days afterwards.

I've also found the 'One' video really spooky, the thought of being in that condition just freaks me out. The whole album is great. Everything up to to and including the black album is just gold, and I still play it loud over the rather impressive sound system in my Drama studio - a great way to start a lesson! Very Happy
____________________
In everyday life good people do good things, bad people do bad things. It takes religion to make a good person do bad things.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

h00dwink
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:23 - 06 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought the film on DVD about 6 years back. It's very peculiar. Not watched it since after I bought it. Kinda drags a bit from what I remember and is a bit of a headfuck.
Must watch again soon now i'm older and more likely to have a better understanding of what's going on.
____________________
Sahf East Winnah 4LYF
https://bikepics.com/members/h00dwink/00sv650s/
www.youtube.com/h00dwink updated regularly
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:24 - 06 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

teacher/biker! wrote:
I saw Metallica at the milton Keynes bowl in 91 (or 92, it's a bit fuzzy) Most awesome gig in the world with Megadeth on the bill as well.


"Nowhere else to roam".

05/06/93. Metallica, Megadeth, The Almighty & Diamond Head I think it was. Cool

Still got the ticket somewhere. Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:38 - 06 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

...And Justice For All - the best album of their back catalogue.
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:55 - 06 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't find it. You've no idea how distressed I am over that. Laughing Going to have to turn the house upside down to find it. Evil or Very Mad

Found this one though, from the year before.

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/flip_/th_scan0001.jpg

And just to annoy the younger metallers on here... One of my Pantera tickets... Cool Laughing Can't find the other one though. I've lost more tickets than I have. Sad

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/flip_/th_scan0002.jpg


Last edited by Flip on 19:24 - 06 Nov 2009; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:10 - 06 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:
...And Justice For All - the best album of their back catalogue.


Always been torn between that and this...

https://image.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/master_of_puppets.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:11 - 06 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

My camera flash won't work, so not able to share my tickets with you...can't believe I've lost two very important stubs though (Monsters of Rock 1987 & 1988) Cool
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sk8wheeler
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 23 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:42 - 06 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donington 1995 - first time I saw Metallica. Ah, to be sweet 16 again. Very Happy Saw them a year or two later on the Load tour. Haven't been again since - don't think I could cope if they didn't live up to it! My bro tells me they easily do, but I don't want to take the chance.

I've forgotten about more gigs that I've been to than some people have had hot dinners Mr. Green \m/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Simeski
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:17 - 06 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I'd kept all my old gig tickets. I used to have them all in a drawer but threw them out a few years back.

Pantera were one of the best bands of the day and still my all time favourite. First saw them at Donington 94 with Sepultura, Therapy and Extreme Laughing

I love the long version of One and used to have the same t-shirt Lars wears but wore that into the ground Crying or Very sad Can't find another one now although i did see one for sale a few months back but it was around £200.
____________________
Suzuki RG125 Honda CBR400 Kawasaki ZX7R Bandit 600 Yamaha XJR 1200Kawasaki ZX7R - Again!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

RealNinja
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:02 - 06 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh the Nowhere Else to Roam gig at Milton Keynes, twas my very first gig, brings a tear to my eye now I think back all them years...

I still have my ticket AND I know where it is Wink

you will have to wait until I go to my 'rents till you can bask in it's lovelyness though

I promise I will post it for you, oh fellow 'tallica fans Thumbs Up
____________________
You will become my force of retribution. Where you tread, doom will follow. Go now and claim your destiny
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

teech
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 28 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:53 - 07 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Flip Thumbs Up

What a gig, they seemed to play for ever, and then it took years to get out of the place, but that didn't matter. Been to a lot of gigs, but that has to rate as one of the all time best.

For part of it me and the girlfriend went to the back of the bowl to chill and have a smoke - still had to shout to make ourselves heard.

I've been in some moshpits in my time, but that was just awesome, extreme violence, but a feeling of cameraderie and just sheer tribal euphoria. God, I can remeber it all now. Thanks for sparking off some great memories..... Very Happy

Still have my ticket somewhere too - I'll scan it in and post it.

My favourite album - 'Master of Puppets'
____________________
In everyday life good people do good things, bad people do bad things. It takes religion to make a good person do bad things.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kal
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:47 - 11 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

sk8wheeler wrote:
Haven't been again since - don't think I could cope if they didn't live up to it! My bro tells me they easily do, but I don't want to take the chance.


I want to see them with the new chappy in, but I have never been disappointed by them.

<goes to add 'cliff em all' to his christmas list>
____________________
Kal...
I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It Ya Like To (HOON IT!).

1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:55 - 11 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal, your sig made me think of my number plate.

Cool

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/flip_/DSC01328.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hazylogic
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Feb 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:04 - 11 Nov 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

effin amazing....


DARKNESS IMPRISONING ME
ALL THAT I SEE...


love the build up to that!

Again...

effin amazing!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mac_Black
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:17 - 30 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone PM please when/if they announce a UK tour date for Death Magnetic?
Thankinyouplease Mr. Green

\/ And sigg Wink \/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:40 - 30 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac_Kaliba wrote:
Can someone PM please when/if they announce a UK tour date for Death Magnetic?
Thankinyouplease Mr. Green

\/ And sigg Wink \/


Last year pal Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mac_Black
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:48 - 31 Dec 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

phantomtek wrote:
Mac_Kaliba wrote:
Can someone PM please when/if they announce a UK tour date for Death Magnetic?
Thankinyouplease Mr. Green

\/ And sigg Wink \/


Last year pal Sad


...but they've announced '10 tour dates, including N.Ireland, no england date yet though.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 282 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.69 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 130.15 Kb