|
|
| Author |
Message |
| daemonoid |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 daemonoid World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jun 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:35 - 22 Jan 2010 Post subject: disc locks |
 |
|
I have a xena disc lock with alarm, which seems good enough until it rains and then once the alarm goes off it won't shut off. Can anyone recommend an alarmed disc lock that actually works? ____________________ current: ducati monster 750
past: hyosung gt250r, bajaj pulsar 180, hyosung gt 125 comet
@thomasgarrard | www.straitjkt.com | www.racingseven.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| defblade |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 defblade World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Apr 2009 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:42 - 22 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Make sure the reflective strip inside the gap between the jaws is clean, and the emitters opposite.
Mine's been fine for ages; if yours is new-ish, I'd get it replaced. If it's not, try replacing the batteries. ____________________ Honda Varadero 125cc => Suzuki Bandit 650 33bhp => 77bhp =>
BMW K1200R Sport 163bhp => Aprilia Shiver GT 750 95bhp |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Darth |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Darth World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Mar 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:07 - 22 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Mine did the same thing. Couldn't get he thing to stop going off no matter how it was positioned or what bits were clean. PITA! Took the batteries out in the end. Then someone managed to do this to it...
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g82/darthpalmer/xena001.jpg
I wont be buying another one  ____________________ Harold_Shand wrote: I suppose it's like anything, you get your fingers burned when you start out, you learn from it and eventually become a complete arsehole about the whole thing. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BanditJeff |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BanditJeff Trackday Trickster
Joined: 24 Jul 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Glory Hunter |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Glory Hunter Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 19 Mar 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:10 - 26 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
The battery on my Oxford Disc Lock ran down after a couple of months (I don't think they could handle the cold).
Also, the alarm isn't very loud, my bike's about 10 feet from my head while I'm sleeping, any further and I don't think it would wake me.
I reckon the lock would be fairly difficult to bust though. ____________________ 2003 Suzuki VanVan - Sold
2000 Honda CB500 - written off by a spoilt brat with no manners
2005 Yamaha XT660 - I'm in lurve....  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pa_broon74 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pa_broon74 World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:59 - 27 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Not sure what kind of sensor yours has, the one I have (?30, not sure of the make, although it looks like the broken one pictured above sans stickers) has a knock sensor, no reflective strips to speak of...
Mine goes off in heavy rain also, I surmise due to the rain hitting it and tripping the knock sensor. I just chuck a light towel round it to stop the rain drops impacting it directly, if the bike is moved, it still goes off.
 ____________________ Didn't catch anything. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 252 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|