|
|
| Are you squeaky clean? |
| Yes, the paperwork matches reality |
|
55% |
[ 53 ] |
| No, I have had some works of fiction published |
|
44% |
[ 43 ] |
|
| Total Votes : 96 |
|
| Author |
Message |
| The Shaggy D.A. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Shaggy D.A. Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:23 - 25 Jan 2010 Post subject: Been telling porkies? |
 |
|
Following on from this thread, I was wondering how many people have been "economic with the truth" when applying for insurance; things like ignoring points that have run their course that would still fall within the insurance company's 5 year catchment criteria, or only claiming 2000 miles a year when you do more like 10000. ____________________ Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ms51ves3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ms51ves3 Super Spammer

Joined: 08 Jun 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:32 - 25 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm very forgetful and often forget what my occupation is, if I will be commuting on the bike and the mileage I will be likely to do that year  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Frost |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Frost World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 May 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| wizzzard |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 wizzzard World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Mar 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:47 - 25 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've always been honest with the insurance companies I've dealt with because I belive they will do anything not to pay out and I have no wish to give them any more reasons not to do so than they can already create themselves.
I did once forget to mention an aftermarket exhaust when setting the policy up ( honest mistake, it was my first big bike and I rushed through the set up so I could ride it ) and then promptly got the bike backed over by a bus. Just that was enough to worry me so I haven't forgotten anything since. ____________________ And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
Zeitgeist / Addendum / Moving forward |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ms51ves3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ms51ves3 Super Spammer

Joined: 08 Jun 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:59 - 25 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I did a quote for my Chaly, £280 if I say I'm unemployed, £180 if I'm a self-employed mechanic. I employ myself in my garage as a mechanic, so it's not a lie What annoys me though is occupation makes sod all difference in the case of an accident.
Not really bothered about getting a payout as I only insure myself TPO. Maybe when I'm older, insurance is more reasonable and I'm fully comp, I'll be more honest. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| metalangel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 metalangel World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Feb 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:05 - 25 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I do wonder if 'Railway' causes me to get bummed for insurance, even though I sit at a desk all day and hardly ever go near the tracks
I do tell the truth, because otherwise it might come back and bite me hard when I least need it to. ____________________ Previous: 2002 Honda CB500 (sold), 2007 Suzuki SV650SK6 (crashed), 2005 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer (sold). Currently bikeless
"A faired bike will get you 10x more clunge than a unfaired one." -Marlboro Matt |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Shaggy D.A. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Shaggy D.A. Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ms51ves3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ms51ves3 Super Spammer

Joined: 08 Jun 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dr. DaveJPS |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dr. DaveJPS World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 May 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:17 - 25 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
mileage and occupation. the latter due to the hang up insurance co's have over the word "student", so I'm not a "PhD student" I'm a "research scientist" ____________________ "intelligent inattention is preferable to unintelligent tinkering"
www.davejps.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| 27cows |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 27cows World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Nov 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| arry |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arry Super Spammer
Joined: 03 Jan 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Shaggy D.A. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Shaggy D.A. Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:12 - 25 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Statistics should work both ways. Statistically, I've made one claim in 17 years, for a grand total of £752. I'd hate to think what I've paid in insurance in that time. ____________________ Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| arry |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arry Super Spammer
Joined: 03 Jan 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Shaggy D.A. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Shaggy D.A. Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:22 - 25 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sssshhhh!!!  ____________________ Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| wizzzard |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 wizzzard World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Mar 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| arry |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arry Super Spammer
Joined: 03 Jan 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Damon |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Damon World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Aug 2007 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:31 - 25 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm down as a Receptionist at a health club. I tried putting fitness instructor and the quote went up by about 200 pounds. Crazy  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Alexio |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Alexio World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Aug 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| arry |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arry Super Spammer
Joined: 03 Jan 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ditto |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ditto Nearly there...

Joined: 26 Sep 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Syx |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Syx World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Oct 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 255 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|