 LeeR World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:10 - 26 Jan 2010 Post subject: Tyre compounds (not track related) |
 |
|
I've been using Metzler Tourance on my DL1000 since May and they really are a great tyre, a decent level of grip and long lasting, the rear lasted 11,500 miles and the front is still going strong.
However, being a 19" front it has a tendency to understeer when pushed and can get a little vague, it's not too disconcerting once you get used to it, but I do find it irritating at times.
My question is this, Metzler also make the Tourance EXP which is a softer compound, what would be the benefits (if any) of running a soft front / hard rear combination?
(I've run the EXP as a pair previously and they're also a good tyre though the rear only last 8,000 miles I'm hoping in a soft/hard combination the wear might be more even.) ____________________ My claim to fame: Austin Vince nicked my pen... |
|
 neatbik World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jun 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:44 - 26 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi Lee, plenty of people run a soft/hard tyre combo.
I have used bt014 front/bt021 rear with good results. The softer front should warm up quicker, provide more feedback and grip better.
Cant really lose anything by trying it as far as i can see  |
|