Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


2007 Kawasaki er6n

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:09 - 28 Jan 2010    Post subject: 2007 Kawasaki er6n Reply with quote

Anyone got or ridden a Kawasaki er6n?

Got my eyes on a cat d 07 model.

Are they any good for touring? Comfy? Nice to ride etc?

What's fuel economy like ?
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

cyberglass
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:36 - 28 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a ride on one a while back while i was waiting for my strom having a valve check. I was quite impressed. Nice and comfortable riding position which you could easy ride for a few hours before having any back ache. It also handled pretty well to (compared to the strom)

Plus the shock position just looks great
____________________
DL650 Vstrom 2004
DRZ400S 2003
Yamaha R1 2005
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

robbieguy2003
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:47 - 28 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode one and found it ok, not amazing but ok.

Basically, my CBR was in for some work that was taking an hour or two so I started test riding random stuff.

I really wanted to like it more, I love the looks of the thing but personally couldn't get on with it that well, it felt very light and flicky. I think some of it was down to me though, I think given a few days worth on it and I'd start enjoying it more.

They do still tempt me now.
____________________
Current Bikes: Honda CBR 600RR - '07, Suzuki GSX1250 FA ST '11
Old Bikes: Suzuki Intruder 125 LC - '2001, Honda CBR 600F - '92, Honda CBR 600RR - '03
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MonkeyKnuckle
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:49 - 28 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been tempted by one.

The only major problem I've read about is corrosion, mainly in the downpipes.

Sounds great with an aftermarket exhaust though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkHOMPUQv7Q
____________________
MKGaming.com
2000 Honda CBR600F - Sold! 2003 Honda CBR600RR - Current!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

LordShaftesbu...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:17 - 28 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one and think it's great. Very upright riding position was the only thing I wasn't sure of at first. I'm used to it now but I'm thinking about getting a new set of handlbars so I can put a bit of weight on the front. Fuel economy seems really good (I think the engine was a new design). Can't tell you about the power since mine's still restricted, but torque is good. The only thing is it has quite a high stalling rpm (I read this is common in parallel twins where the pistons are connected to the crankshaft 180 degrees from each other). Suspension is quite soft but I believe that's common in budget bikes - it certainly makes it very comfortable.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kawakid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:43 - 28 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonkeyKnuckle wrote:
I've always been tempted by one.

The only major problem I've read about is corrosion, mainly in the downpipes.


I ride virtually every day (apart from snow) and i've had one for 18months,corrosion is not an issue, but I do rinse it every day in the winter months and spray FS 365 on it.

It's a great little bike, only downside is there's not too much over a tonne. Topping out at about 128mph.

But saying that for the road its fine, the handling is ace, the power delivery is great, fuel consumption great. I can't fault it.
____________________
I've a twin and a 4.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Devils Advocate
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:02 - 28 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Struggling to get over 100 is a good thing for someone like me whos used to 170-180 lunatic bikes Laughing Rolling Eyes
Should be getting mine in next few months and doubt i`ll be dissapointed.Everything about them says "great road bike" Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 254 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.27 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 52.68 Kb