Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Cashley Cole banned for 4 months

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

DMan
Nova Slayer



Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:46 - 29 Jan 2010    Post subject: Cashley Cole banned for 4 months Reply with quote

Cashley banned for 4 months, fined ?1000 for doing 105 in a 50 on A3.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8486666.stm

Opinions as to would a biker have got the same "sentence" for doing similar?

Also asked for 28 days to pay, and was granted! I bet he was cracking up when he thought of that one.

I am a gooner, so please excuse my biased approach to the man
____________________
2001 Hornet 600 - "Faster than yellow" Blue; Current: 1998 Yammy FZS 600 "Fazer" Black
You show me how to control a wild fucking gypsy and I'll show you how to control an unhinged, pig-feeding gangster.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SlimRick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:51 - 29 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over twice the speed limit??? I'd be sharing a cell with Big Black Bubba by now and getting lubed up before I went to sleep just in case!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:24 - 29 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlimRick wrote:
Over twice the speed limit??? I'd be sharing a cell with Big Black Bubba by now and getting lubed up before I went to sleep just in case!

Agreed, I think "celebrity status rich pompous c*nts" should get hit just as hard as the mere mortals!
Great role models they are Thumbs Down
I can deal with a 4 month ban and a fine, i might go to the A3 and do 105...see what I get.

Ironic..
Quote:
Ms Hodson said he was "regrettably" unable to attend as he was travelling in preparation for a game on Saturday.

Travelling was he Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DynaMight
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:35 - 29 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for the fine being based on your earnings. I got a ?255 fine for a much lesser offence, I wish I was on a quarter of his weekly earnings (hell I'll take it monthly!!)
____________________
My bikes are at https://www.bikepics.com/members/dynamight/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

T0MMY
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:51 - 29 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wasn't treated leniently because he was a celebrity, he was treated leniently because he could afford a hotshot lawyer like Nick "loophole" Freeman.
____________________
ZX6R + CBR600RR
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DMan
Nova Slayer



Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:45 - 29 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

T0MMY wrote:
He wasn't treated leniently because he was a celebrity, he was treated leniently because he could afford a hotshot lawyer like Nick "loophole" Freeman.


https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=17055161%26method=full%26siteid=66633%26headline=1922-law-rescues-132mph-rap-biker--name_page.html

I know the guy in the above linked story. He hired Mr Freeman due to the seriousness nature of the offence the police were trying to nick him for (always stated he wasnt near this speed, even in private). He valued his career enough to risk Mr Feemans fee's, and the result shows you get what you pay for. Just most of us cant afford to take this route so we just sit and watch people that can afford to play the Law at its own game walk away, knowing we probably wouldnt have the same outcome.

At least if they had banged Cashley up I could have looked after Cheryl while he was away Twisted Evil
____________________
2001 Hornet 600 - "Faster than yellow" Blue; Current: 1998 Yammy FZS 600 "Fazer" Black
You show me how to control a wild fucking gypsy and I'll show you how to control an unhinged, pig-feeding gangster.


Last edited by DMan on 19:04 - 29 Jan 2010; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lonner
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:00 - 29 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

T0MMY wrote:
He wasn't treated leniently because he was a celebrity, he was treated leniently because he could afford a hotshot lawyer like Nick "loophole" Freeman.



nail on head end of.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:04 - 29 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

...but on the plus side that's no points on his licence! Rolling Eyes

It would appear there's one 'law' for some and another for the rest of us.
As I've said before justice bears no relation, not even a passing nod, to the law.
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

yuri2085
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:04 - 29 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although what I can work out there DMan, the defense was he was not given a NIP for the offense he was charged for.

This is something I could have got him off on.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DMan
Nova Slayer



Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:12 - 29 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

yuri2085 wrote:
Although what I can work out there DMan, the defense was he was not given a NIP for the offense he was charged for.

This is something I could have got him off on.


From what I understand you're right, what they charged in the back of the police car wasnt exactly (either a lesser or greater charge) what they charged him for going to court. It still took an entire day in court of Mr Freeman arguing before it was accepted, so maybe a "lesser" solicitor could have done the same, but faced with being a biker doing 140mph in our courts, who would you prefer to have represent you? No disrespect to anyone in the profesion, but he has a reputation for a reason, and charges accordingly.
____________________
2001 Hornet 600 - "Faster than yellow" Blue; Current: 1998 Yammy FZS 600 "Fazer" Black
You show me how to control a wild fucking gypsy and I'll show you how to control an unhinged, pig-feeding gangster.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DMan
Nova Slayer



Joined: 22 Dec 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:19 - 29 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

yuri2085 wrote:
Although what I can work out there DMan, the defense was he was not given a NIP for the offense he was charged for.

This is something I could have got him off on.


From what I understand you're right, what they charged in the back of the police car wasnt exactly (either a lesser or greater charge) what they charged him for going to court. It still took an entire day in court of Mr Freeman arguing before it was accepted, so maybe a "lesser" solicitor could have done the same, but faced with being a biker doing 140mph in our courts, who would you prefer to have represent you? No disrespect to anyone in the profesion, but he has a reputation for a reason, and charges accordingly. I also believe this wasnt as simple as this, as other options were discussed on how to handle the case.

I still think its total bollox when you read about the rare occasions a biker is caught doing similar, and then hammered. There was even one of those police\camera\actions repeats where coppers are following some guy in a car doing constantly over a ton. They pull him over, scare him a bit with being nicked, then let him off with nothing. Do the same show behind a biker, and they would have shot him down, run him over, and hung his body from a bridge as an example that this wont be tolerated Wink

Bloody Cashley!!
____________________
2001 Hornet 600 - "Faster than yellow" Blue; Current: 1998 Yammy FZS 600 "Fazer" Black
You show me how to control a wild fucking gypsy and I'll show you how to control an unhinged, pig-feeding gangster.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yuri2085
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:40 - 29 Jan 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree and I really don't understand why bikers have been sent to jail for victimless crimes.

I am so grateful to the government for punishing me so I don't die....

Fuck off.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 251 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.56 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 75.7 Kb