Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Glasgow School Kids think women need a slap.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:18 - 15 Feb 2010    Post subject: Glasgow School Kids think women need a slap. Reply with quote

https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/8516387.stm

Quote:
about 80% of the children said a man had cause to slap his partner because she did not have the dinner ready on time.


Kids realy do say the funniest things Laughing Rolling Eyes

Quote:
One of the girls said: "I want to be a dancer or a doctor."

But she added: "When I grow up I'm going to have two babies and work part-time in the shop down the road."


Glasgow, keeping women in their place since 1870 Laughing


It does make you wonder what these kids are seeing behind closed doors that makes them have that perception.
____________________
Current; 10' Aprilia Dorsoduro 750.
Previous; 05 Triumph Daytona 600, 08' Ducati 1098s.
"Needs a check-up, fae the neck up!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

and
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:22 - 15 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

...

Last edited by and on 14:23 - 24 Mar 2010; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:39 - 16 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One of the girls said: "I want to be a dancer or a doctor."

But she added: "When I grow up I'm going to have two babies and work part-time in the shop down the road."


Aye. Right. A Glaswegian woman with aspirations to work somewhere. Especially one with two kids. That's like having a free meal ticket and house for the next 16 years if you make sure you maintain the status of being a "single mother" (even if you turn up to the DSS interview with two black eyes because you were late with his tea).

For those in England. Think Glasgow = Liverpool. Only with a bigger chip on their shoulder and more knives.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:08 - 16 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liverpudlians with knives are amusing. I have fond memories of a scouse mugger with his kitchen knife in his thigh. Having also spent a little time around weegies I can't say I'd care to be around one while they were armed, having seen a mate nut a policeman just to see what happened then I'd be more than a tad concerned about amateur surgical procedures carried out through boredom/drink/psychotic episode.
____________________
I'm immortal. Well, so far.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

damz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:42 - 16 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Quote:
One of the girls said: "I want to be a dancer or a doctor."

But she added: "When I grow up I'm going to have two babies and work part-time in the shop down the road."


Aye. Right. A Glaswegian woman with aspirations to work somewhere. Especially one with two kids. That's like having a free meal ticket and house for the next 16 years if you make sure you maintain the status of being a "single mother" (even if you turn up to the DSS interview with two black eyes because you were late with his tea).

For those in England. Think Glasgow = Liverpool. Only with a bigger chip on their shoulder and more knives.


from glasgow i have to agree, the only place iv'e found worse is edinburgh. although i have to disagree with the tea comment, we all know its just buckfast in a cup.
____________________
Current Bikes RVF400 - 94
Cars: RX7 FD, Eunos Roadster
Former Bikes: FZR 250R 89, ZX7R 98
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:25 - 16 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such peasants. Pip pip. Shifty
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:26 - 16 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your mums lover was... wrote:
Such peasants. Pip pip. Shifty


Whoa, whoa, there Teuchter boy. I've been to the North East and it ain't much better then Glasgow. I'd as far to say that the weegie's have a higher class of scum Laughing I've spent a night in Torry and spent a day in Fraserburgh! I'm just glad I've lived to tell the tale Laughing

This guy describes Glasgow fairly well I think Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeyajsCZej8
____________________
Current; 10' Aprilia Dorsoduro 750.
Previous; 05 Triumph Daytona 600, 08' Ducati 1098s.
"Needs a check-up, fae the neck up!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:40 - 16 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I went to Glasgow I quite liked it... That said, I stayed in the centre and out of the suburbs...
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:52 - 16 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuban Pete wrote:
Last time I went to Glasgow I quite liked it... That said, I stayed in the centre and out of the suburbs...


Glasgow is a good night out if you know what pubs/areas to avoid.

I've drank in a few dogdy areas mainly Springburn, Auchinairn and down the Red Road flats in Barlornock. That was an interesting night. The Auchinairn tavern is the only pub I know that has plastic windows Shocked Laughing
____________________
Current; 10' Aprilia Dorsoduro 750.
Previous; 05 Triumph Daytona 600, 08' Ducati 1098s.
"Needs a check-up, fae the neck up!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Chris750
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:25 - 16 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've stayed in Glagow, the centre is fine, but you go out to areas like Merryhill, then thats a different kettle of fish, never seen anything like it.
All the houses covered in steel shutters and graffiti- the ones that are lived in.
The local pubs with steal mesh over the windows.
My mate wouldn't get out the car and I must admit I kept my mouth shut as I was quite keen for no one to hear my english accent.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:31 - 16 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any recommendations for good places to go in Edinburgh, as I'm up there in a few weeks.

Don't be trying to send me to any funny bars or shit holes either you wiley bunch, I shall be cross-referencing any suggetions made!

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:34 - 16 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
Any recommendations for good places to go in Edinburgh, as I'm up there in a few weeks.

Don't be trying to send me to any funny bars or shit holes either you wiley bunch, I shall be cross-referencing any suggetions made!

GhostRider


There are so many pubs in Edinburgh, if you don't like the one you're at, go to another one.

I like Whistle Binkies for a night out because it's a pub rather than a club, has live music and is open until 3am.

Used to quite like Bannermans too.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:41 - 16 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
Any recommendations for good places to go in Edinburgh, as I'm up there in a few weeks.

Don't be trying to send me to any funny bars or shit holes either you wiley bunch, I shall be cross-referencing any suggetions made!

GhostRider


Do the usual tourist shit if you want: Castle, Calton Hill, Royal Mile, Hollyrood, laugh at the Scottish Parliaments stupid building, The vaults etc,etc.
I might not be the best person to give advice as I've only ever been to the capital twice in my life Laughing
But have a look in Royal Mile Whiskies for a swatch at some nice rare Whisky if you fancy that.
Food and drink is over priced TBH.

Glasgow is better for a good piss up, it's only 50 mins or so on the train IIRC.

How long you going up for?
____________________
Current; 10' Aprilia Dorsoduro 750.
Previous; 05 Triumph Daytona 600, 08' Ducati 1098s.
"Needs a check-up, fae the neck up!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

damz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:58 - 16 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found glasgow better for drinking as all the pubs/clubs are pretty much in one area where as in edinburgh we had to get taxi's to get to places. going out in glasgow varies on what you want, if u want to get obliterated we usully end up at the garage, granted its full of underages but your pretty much guaranteed to get in, booze is cheap and there so many bars you dont have to wait to get served.

for pubs its usually solid rock cafe or rufus T fireflies both on hope street, the latter is better as theres more seating and the music isnt as loud, they also have a terrace on the back of the building where you can smoke an have drinks.
____________________
Current Bikes RVF400 - 94
Cars: RX7 FD, Eunos Roadster
Former Bikes: FZR 250R 89, ZX7R 98
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dr. DaveJPS
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:03 - 16 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
Any recommendations for good places to go in Edinburgh, as I'm up there in a few weeks.

Don't be trying to send me to any funny bars or shit holes either you wiley bunch, I shall be cross-referencing any suggetions made!

GhostRider


Auld hoose on St leonards road
opium for a cheap/wierd rock night
Mission/retribution(?) for a better metal/rock night on a saturday
Black bull

(and stinkwheel you've now got me singing the bannermans kicking out song in my head)
____________________
"intelligent inattention is preferable to unintelligent tinkering"
www.davejps.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:07 - 16 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damz wrote:
i found glasgow better for drinking as all the pubs/clubs are pretty much in one area where as in edinburgh we had to get taxi's to get to places. going out in glasgow varies on what you want, if u want to get obliterated we usully end up at the garage, granted its full of underages but your pretty much guaranteed to get in, booze is cheap and there so many bars you dont have to wait to get served.

for pubs its usually solid rock cafe or rufus T fireflies both on hope street, the latter is better as theres more seating and the music isnt as loud, they also have a terrace on the back of the building where you can smoke an have drinks.


Yeah if you stay around the center then you'll find plenty of decent bars and restaurants.
Bunker is quite good but usually full of off duty police.

Plenty of places to eat as well (Two Fat Ladies, Gamba, Rogano, Brian Maul). Safe in the knowledge that if your food is late you can give the waitress a good slap Laughing
____________________
Current; 10' Aprilia Dorsoduro 750.
Previous; 05 Triumph Daytona 600, 08' Ducati 1098s.
"Needs a check-up, fae the neck up!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:58 - 16 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveJPS wrote:

opium for a cheap/wierd rock night


How could I forget opium (or legends as it used to be). I recall they would let you in no matter how smashed you were. Straight up the stairs for maximum headfuck.

Mission was always a good night too. Don't drink anything off a pump though. Cans of red stripe was the order of the day.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:02 - 16 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going up for a weekend beginning of April.

Not really interested in yomping all the way up to Glasgow, I'm going to see a show on the friday night, so will just be looking for somewhere good to go for a few jars afterwards thats got a bit of spirit.

Saturday night is more to get shit-faced, I'm happy anywhere but the lads I'll be with will be on gash patrol so more that likely they'll want to go to some club. Were it up to me I'd be going with the rock bar/club side of things, but that will only be met with protest so somewhere typically bland will probably be the order of the evening. It won't bother me so much as I'll just get wasted, then I'm happy anywhere.

Will look at a few suggestions already given though....

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dr. DaveJPS
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:34 - 16 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
Going up for a weekend beginning of April.

Not really interested in yomping all the way up to Glasgow, I'm going to see a show on the friday night, so will just be looking for somewhere good to go for a few jars afterwards thats got a bit of spirit.

Saturday night is more to get shit-faced, I'm happy anywhere but the lads I'll be with will be on gash patrol so more that likely they'll want to go to some club. Were it up to me I'd be going with the rock bar/club side of things, but that will only be met with protest so somewhere typically bland will probably be the order of the evening. It won't bother me so much as I'll just get wasted, then I'm happy anywhere.

Will look at a few suggestions already given though....

GhostRider


if they are on gash patrol there are two options
cheap-> Cavendish (is now called lava ignite (i think)
expensive->whynot? or opal lounge both on queens street (though will be full of tossers)
____________________
"intelligent inattention is preferable to unintelligent tinkering"
www.davejps.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hazylogic
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Feb 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:01 - 16 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostRider wrote:
Any recommendations for good places to go in Edinburgh, as I'm up there in a few weeks.

Don't be trying to send me to any funny bars or shit holes either you wiley bunch, I shall be cross-referencing any suggetions made!

GhostRider


cc blooms. you will get on just fine: nice, friendly atmosphere Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:51 - 16 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaahahahhahahahaha.

That. Is fucking quality.

I laugh - in disbelief and certainly not through surprise. Laughing Laughing Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mistergixer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:05 - 16 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuban Pete wrote:
Last time I went to Glasgow I quite liked it... That said, I stayed out of the centre and away from the suburbs...


Thumbs Up
____________________
Space Monkey #7
Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!
Mistergixer's videos on YouTube
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 236 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 0.95 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 125.19 Kb