Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Why do my sneezes smell funny?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:06 - 19 Feb 2010    Post subject: Why do my sneezes smell funny? Reply with quote

When I sneeze, for about 30 seconds after there is a wierd smell, it's been the same for as long as I remember i've just always ignored it untill now. Are my brains rotting or something or is it just normal?

c_dug
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

and
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:09 - 19 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

...

Last edited by and on 15:53 - 24 Mar 2010; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:13 - 19 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because your head's up your arse.

Wink


Last edited by Flip on 20:51 - 19 Feb 2010; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

silky666
Captain Rulebook



Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:45 - 19 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infection of the sinus's
____________________
There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship" more than wrinkles in the Gaffa tape.

Gaffa tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:54 - 19 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.sinuscarecenter.com/images/NeilMed1.gif
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

snomag
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:07 - 19 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/fender9blind/retard.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Raffles
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:07 - 19 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this snowman turns to his mate and says, ''Have you noticed that it always smells of carrots round here'' Laughing
____________________
A good loser will always be a loser.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:06 - 19 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a similar note, ever noticed when you smack your head hard you get a funny taste in your mouth, it's not really a taste just like the thought of a taste, wierd.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:09 - 19 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix wrote:
On a similar note, ever noticed when you smack your head hard you get a funny taste in your mouth, it's not really a taste just like the thought of a taste, wierd.


Never, but I have had coughs in the past that tasted like McDonalds fries. It was a pleasure to cough Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

and
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:14 - 19 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

...

Last edited by and on 15:55 - 24 Mar 2010; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:17 - 19 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:
I have had coughs in the past that tasted like McDonalds fries. It was a pleasure to cough Laughing


When I used to smoke, I used to sometimes do coughs that tasted like burnt rubber.

It was definitely NOT a pleasure to cough.

I thought it was kind of gross, but I guess 25 years of fags will do that to ya.

Since I gave up (15 months) ... I've not had any burnt rubber coughs.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.


Last edited by hellkat on 00:23 - 20 Feb 2010; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

silky666
Captain Rulebook



Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:20 - 19 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you regularly smell oil you are going to have a stroke.

Medical fact.

edit that. my medical knowledge now tells me its toast
____________________
There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship" more than wrinkles in the Gaffa tape.

Gaffa tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord



Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:37 - 19 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

silky666 wrote:
If you regularly smell oil you are going to have a stroke.

Medical fact.

edit that. my medical knowledge now tells me its toast


See, now because I'm a bit wasted, I read that as you saying (in a very roundabout way) 'I get the horn if I smell toast/oil'.



*sniffs the toaster, then wanders off, feeling slightly cheated*
____________________
'10 SV650SF, '83 GS650GT (it lives!), Questionable DIY dash project, 3D Printer project, Lasercutter project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Raffles
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:51 - 19 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:


When I used to smoke, I used to sometimes do coughs that tasted like rubber.


What was it that you used to smoke? Wink
____________________
A good loser will always be a loser.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

swiftb
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:03 - 20 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive encountered a smelly sneezer before. I guy I used to work with, his sneezes smelt exactly like that whiff you get when you drive past a field of rapeseed. Strange but true.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:11 - 20 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:

What was it that you used to smoke? Wink


I only ever smoked packet fags, never roll ups.
So it was prolly all the chemicals Shocked

I smoked all sorts over the years, although never Marlboro (unless I was scrounging them off someone else): Mostly run of the mill fags (of the Superkings variety), but I had a few of the usual flings in my time: assorted menthols, Sobranies, Gitanes, Gauloise, Camel, and once (memorably) a carton of those fantastically-flavoured clove fags from Indonesia.

Happily my lungs *should* be on the road to recovery by now, after more than 15 months of no fags Cool Thumbs Up
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:15 - 20 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo ya cheecky mooooonkey, I just noticed you deleted a word.

*doinks self on head*

I don't "smoke" things covered in rubber . . . Shocked
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:18 - 20 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

For some odd reason I googlepix-ed "rubber blow up suit" - which brought up some interesting links, but none so interesting
AS THIS ...

(God I want a one of them inflatable pointy hats)




(I was looking originally for this)
https://media.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/neverfartinwetsuit.jpg
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

the grim reaper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:31 - 20 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the original subject, if you sneeze properly then it will smell as it is the moisture from your lungs, people who do little girly sneezes won't ever find this out. Like people who do silent sneezes, what the f*** is that all about? Or women who do those little peeps, odd!

Cheers

Grim
____________________
Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:29 - 20 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

the grim reaper wrote:
Like people who do silent sneezes, what the f*** is that all about?


I do them. Pisses me off when people blast out a massive sneeze near me.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord



Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:00 - 20 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:
the grim reaper wrote:
Like people who do silent sneezes, what the f*** is that all about?


I do them. Pisses me off when people blast out a massive sneeze near me.


Same here. I tend to find that I'm prone to losing my voice, as well, and sneezing loudly a few times is often enough to start the vocal deterioration with me...
____________________
'10 SV650SF, '83 GS650GT (it lives!), Questionable DIY dash project, 3D Printer project, Lasercutter project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 230 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.76 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 112.87 Kb