Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Eating habits

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Feasty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:30 - 25 Feb 2010    Post subject: Eating habits Reply with quote

I've got into a shit habit of eating about 5 chocolate bars a day during the week, and have been doing this for a fair while now. (I've got such an apt username it's untrue!! Laughing )

It's just so easy to do having a dispensing machine in my office, and it would feel odd if I didn't check my pockets and go out of my way to ensure I had enough change on me before getting to work most mornings. I've tried taking in fruit instead but it just ends up getting pushed into the bottom of my draw and eventually into the bin.
I'm overweight but not excessively so, and in spite of eating so many bars I don't gain weight - mainly because my wife keeps us on such a strict diet at home!! The reason she does this is because she suffers from PCOS which means it's very easy for her to put weight on, but very difficult to lose it again. I think I keep kidding myself that at least if I don't lose weight quickly, she'll feel less depressed too!!

So what shit do you eat? How many bars a day/week? Any tips I can take on board to stop me eating so much crap all the time? It'd probably make my bike go faster after a week of missing out for starters! Laughing
____________________
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
No More Names ...... This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

The999Kid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:36 - 25 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an easy way to stop the snacking... dont carry cash..
whenever im out in town i either take just enough cash to cover what i need, or plastic.

And when i feel like snacking i have a piece of fruit, or drink a glass of water... very filling!
____________________
NDB 19/10/1989 - 1/11/2010 |Nowhere.Elyseum wrote: I get the distinct feeling that Tim should be our secret weapon for future trolling. I don't know many people that can rip the piss in Iambic pentameter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

smegballs
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:38 - 25 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^

Why I don't carry cash!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MattHirst
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:20 - 25 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be a bigger for snacking out of the vending machine at work (considering they are just behind my machines aswell). I wouldn't say 5 bars a day, but certainly a couple and maybe a bag of crisps.

In the end i took my wallet (with cards and maybe a few notes) in but only £2 in change and that was for my dinner from the cafe, i knew if i bought chocolate/crap then i wouldn't be able to buy my pie and peas at lunch time Laughing

Now i've started having a bowl of cereal at work at around 9am, keeps me going until lunchtime and i don't even feel the need to eat crap out of the vender. Although i do get a chocolate bar now and again but i guess that's acceptable Razz
____________________
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then it's bloody hilarious!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:20 - 25 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last job I had had two vending machines in the canteen and a cafe next door, I'd easily spend a tenner minimum a day between them and piled the weight on, six months before I was made redundant I knocked it all on the head...

For breakfast and dinner I had a bowl of Special K with full fat milk to add a little flavour and a normal meal at home ( Normally I was eating a four person lasagna with a foot long french stick to my self once a week and every other night I'd eat enough for two and my Sunday dinners were fucking huge ), I stopped the gallons of pop a day and chocolate from the vending machines and stopped eating big sandwiches from the cafe, all in all I lost two stone in the six months just from cutting out the crap and eating smaller portions, and that was with no exercise...

I went back down to a 30"/32" waist and down to a 42"/44" chest and had to buy some new gear as most of it was hanging off me, I had started to put some back on at the start of this year because I'm sat at home doing fuck all but job hunt, but I decided to strip the house again though and redecorate whilst also redoing the back garden when it isn't pissing down or snowing, I mean completely redo it, I've fucked everything off down to bare earth and got most rooms prepped so I just have to wallpaper, but in doing all that instead of sitting there bored and feeding my pie hole all the while, my metabolism is back down to normal and the weight's coming back off... Thumbs Up

/Strikes bodybuilding pose...
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:55 - 25 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I eat shed loads, and I realised this was my problem of being skint all the time. I didn't 'get it' before because with my metablosim I never put weight on, I'v started eating right, with decent meals rather than chocolate bars/cales/pop and I don't 'go out' as much as I used to.

I eat probs 1 choccy bar a day, 2 at a push every other day. I manage this because I can buy a banana at 20p or a chocolate bar at 50p+ and it's ridicuous, get more energy from fruit too. Thumbs Up

I used to eat 3-4 a day though ontop of sweets/pop but then I thought on, how do I know i'm not risking diabetes?
____________________
Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Carl_steveo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:02 - 25 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I worked in an office we had a few vending machines so on the way in I would grab a yorkier, a packet of crisps and a bottle of oasis. After an hour I would be back at the vending machine getting a packet of m'n'm's and a packet of BBQ crisps.

You were only allowed to the vending machines once when you had started your shift. So we used to do runs people would use their turn to go for half the team. By the end of the night I could have easily ate 3 yorkies, 3 packets of m'n'm's and some crisps, a few bottles of pop and a cup of tea.

I put it down to stopping smoking since I couldn't go out for a tab break anymore I was having a break to go to the vending machines and then I just ate and ate and ate.

I now have the problem of not eating. I know it sounds daft but I forget to eat and my mam has to ring me to remind me to eat and then my girlfriend will come in and make me eat aswell.

You wouldn't think so looking at me though lol.
____________________
Current: Honda Nsr 125
Live: Sunderland
Luke "cant be arsed to read your post, but suck my balls anyway."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Deckx
Nearly there...



Joined: 09 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:37 - 25 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you continue the way you're going and you're over 30, you will turn into a fat fucker..although it may take a few months.

Luckily theres fuck all to eat where i work, I do bring in snacks but i limit it to a Banana or a yogurt but mostly contend myself by chain-eating Nicorette chewing gum and drinking coffee/tea.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:46 - 25 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I eat 1 or 2 chocolate bars (small duo bars) a day and 1 to 2 bags of crisps per day in work plus a butty. This will go up as I get used to working again. Thumbs Up

The missus does the 'big shop' once a month on a Wednesday, she'll get a load of crisps & bakewells etc. I named this glorious day "Fat Wednesday". They don't last long. Cool

In my last job, I was eating 2x bag of crisps, 1x (sometimes 2) chocolate bar, 1x bacon & egg bap, bottle of pop. I got all that for £2 from the butty girl. Laughing (Plus 8 cans of beer when I got home and another 2 x bag of crisps) I got pretty fat then. Laughing I was eating more when I worked next to the vending machines. Shocked

Although, now in my 30's, the belly takes longer to go, but never disappears. Sad


Last edited by Flip on 17:47 - 25 Feb 2010; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:46 - 25 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't eat chocolate, before I found out I was allergic to dairy products I was never a big fan of the stuff, so don't miss it at all now I have to exclude it.

I generally eat fairly well, and what I generally do is, allow myself something 'bad' something I really enjoy, but don't eat the rest of the week...on a Friday night.

All you need to do is form a new habit. You only do what you do out of habit.

I never used to take cash with me to work, just taking exactly what I need to survive on during the day, including flask of coffee for morning, couple tea bags & soya milk and snacks and food. You soon get used to the routine.

And always go shopping with a list, and on a full stomach. Thumbs Up
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tonka
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:11 - 25 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the whole I'm a very healthy eater, but I'm very forgetful about eating and do forget meals. This means I get a massive sugar low and then cravings for rubbish food if I'm not careful. At work I would take lots of healthy stuff like cruditees as I was always getting those 'boredom' munchies and that's when I like to eat rubbish too!!

The only rule I now have is I only have chocolate after proper food, not instead of and I find that I won't eat anywhere near as much. I kinda treat it like a dessert!

Except when I'm offroad riding of course when I eat nothing all day and scoff on chocolate when we stop at the petrol stations!! Embarassed I get away with it mind, as never had a weight issue!
____________________
'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:22 - 25 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I eat maybe two or three squares of chocolate a year when a student offers me one on her birthday etc. I had one bag of chips last year (May 9th) and one crisp off my mate Fat Bob some time in December. Other sweets and snacks 0.
I know the weight I feel comfortable at and can not maintain it with eating junk food.
Chocolate is like heroin, it is far easier to have none that take a little bit.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:38 - 25 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

i eat a bar a day and then take extra sarnies and eat half of them before lunch

my job is quite phisical so i dont put on any weight

and i get to boast about having the biggest lunchbox in the company Laughing
____________________
gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)
if its spelt wrong its my fat fingers and daft auto correct on my tablet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:40 - 25 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confronted with vending machines everywhere I go at work, it's frequently the only option at customer sites. I suppose i'm just lucky in that I don't really like chocolate so never get the temptation, can count the bars of chocolate I eat in a year on one hand and they're usually the result of being so painfully hungry that it's the only thing around to eat.

Can you not go for crisps instead, it's not ideal but most vending machines these days tend to stock some of those 'healthy' type snacks, rice crisps or multigrain things, definately better than chomping on chocolate all day. The only real way to avoid the machines is to take loads of food with you, lots of different stuff so you can snack on that instead. I like to take fruit and nut bars, nature valley type ones, or snack a jack cheesey rice cake things are really nice. I find fruit boring too but occasionally force myself, bananas are about the easiest for me to take. Also take different sandwiches, not all the same but half and half.

My biggest vice is energy drinks, I drink way too many of them, commonly 750ml to a litre a day but only when at work Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dransy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:58 - 25 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Phoenix

bananas are about the easiest for me to take.



Fail Laughing
____________________
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:31 - 26 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flip wrote:

The missus does the 'big shop' once a month on a Wednesday, she'll get a load of crisps & bakewells etc. I named this glorious day "Fat Wednesday". They don't last long. Cool
I'd sig that sentence if I had space. Laughing

Flip wrote:
In my last job, I was eating 2x bag of crisps, 1x (sometimes 2) chocolate bar, 1x bacon & egg bap, bottle of pop. I got all that for £2 from the butty girl. Laughing
Um.... what was she gettin for giving?




Wink

Sausage sarny?

*coat, door* Razz
____________________
Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alexio
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:58 - 26 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expanding upon the don't carry cash thing, you should try being poor. It's certain made me thin, well kind of.

At this point chocolate would literally put me in to my overdraft and yet, because I'm living off of food like pasta and the nature of such food being so incredibly cheap to cook twice as much as you need, my meal sizes are rather large at the moment Embarassed
____________________
will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Feasty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:04 - 26 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is one of the reasons I want to try and stop eating all this shit. Overdrafts are always a waste of money, I don't really have many money worries but I'm determined not to use my savings for anything than the absolutely necessary!

I've just worked out I pay about £17 a week for this rubbish, jeez I need to give it up - that's nearly £60 a month!! Shocked
____________________
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarkJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:23 - 26 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always eat chocolate because it's convenient - fruit is a pain to peel and cut compared to opening a packet of Maltesers. The girlfriend has started gettings these bags of fruit from Asda so you just open the bag and eat the sliced apple and grapes Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:39 - 26 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think chocolate is one of those things you can get addicted to, something with the chemicals it contains and your brain.

Snacking is something you're maybe doing because you're bored?

You could maybe have a stress ball. Couple that with having a bottle of water handy and swigging from that. It'll fill you up (less hungry) and give you something else to do (dash to the toilet, fill bottle from taps, etc.).

Thumbs Up
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:14 - 26 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack, at uni (before the stress of my dissertation and final exams, where upon I gave up and binged on wine gums daily) I never bought anything 'bad'. Ever.

Easy to resist in a shop, utter bastard to resist at home. And I find it next to impossible to open something, eat a bit and then forget about it.

My current problem is raw black pudding. When I thought you had to cook it, I'd leave it alone due to effort. Now I'll just keep going in and cutting a slice off. Now the rest of the black puddings are staying in the freezer until I forget about them Shifty
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:18 - 26 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkJ wrote:
fruit is a pain to peel and cut compared to opening a packet of Maltesers.


Methinks you are aiming to have fat fingers...it really isn't that hard to peel a piece of fruit...what it about the upcoming generations, who need everything handed on a silver platter?? Shocked
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 223 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.79 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 129.3 Kb