Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Online CRB check services

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:40 - 26 Feb 2010    Post subject: Online CRB check services Reply with quote

Anyone know a good one?

I think I need to get an enhanced CRB (joy), which could take months knowing this country, and the price all seems roughly the same.

However, some seem to want all bizarre forms of identification sent to them.

Quote:
You must submit documents to verify the information you give in your application. You will be asked questions about the documents you intend to submit as part of the online application, so choose your documents now and make sure you have then to hand before you begin. The rules for what you must provide are as follows :

You MUST provide a minimum of THREE documents.
ONE should be from Group 1 and TWO should be from EITHER Group 1 or Group 2.
If you are unable to provide a document from Group 1 then you MUST provide a minimum of FIVE documents from Group 2. In this event please read the notes below relating to non-photographic document verification.
At least ONE document MUST confirm your current address as stated in your application.
Group 1 (Photographic Identification)
Valid passport (any nationality)
UK Photo Driving Licence (the photo card and the paper counterpart are required)
Valid National photo identity card (EU countries only)
UK Firearms Licence
HM Forces ID card
Group 2 (Non-photographic Identification)
Marriage Certificate
UK Non-Photo Driving Licence (old paper-style)
Original UK Birth Certificate (issued within 12 months of date of birth)(full or short form acceptable)
Non-original UK Birth Certificate (issued after 12 months of date of birth)(full or short form acceptable)
P45/P60 statement**
Bank or building society statement*
Utility bill (electricity, gas, water, telephone (inc mobile telephone contract bill)*
Valid TV Licence
Credit card statement*
Store card statement*
Mortgage statement**
Valid Insurance certificate
Correspondence or a document from : the Benefits Agency; the Employment Service; the Inland Revenue; or a Local Authority*
Financial statement (e.g. pension, endowment, ISA)**
Valid vehicle registration document
Mail order catalogue statement*
Court summons**
Valid NHS card
Addressed payslip*
National Insurance number card
Exam certificate (e.g. GCSE, NVQ)
Child benefit book**
Connexions card
Certificate of British nationality
Work permit / visa**
Council Tax Statement**
* Documentation should be less than three months old
** Issued within past 12 months

Non-photographic Document Verification
Documents that include one from Group 1 can be verified at any Post Office or in some cases by your employer. In the event that you cannot produce any document from Group 1 your must provide 5 documents from Group 2 and these must be verified by Cataphract. Therefore,

you must send these documents (originals, not copies) to Cataphract
an additional adminstration fee of £5.00 plus VAT will be incurred for this service


Da fuck?

God I loathe paperwork.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

carvell
Scuttler



Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:14 - 26 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it's up to you to do it?

Employers/organisers usually deal with that sort of thing.

That list's not too bad though surely. A passport, driving licence, and something like your car insurance document seems to be all they want.
____________________
Yamaha TDM 850
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:21 - 26 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

That list seems pretty basic, they don't want one of each Laughing

Quote:
You MUST provide a minimum of THREE documents.
ONE should be from Group 1 and TWO should be from EITHER Group 1 or Group 2.

____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer



Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:40 - 26 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be very careful when providing documents for validation ..

i have had to have many CRB checks as both of my jobs require them, (one enhanced and one standard).
after my passport became misplaced Twisted Evil by a former employer Mad along with some other private paperwork, i now worry when they need renewing.
i also use recorded delivery if the distance is to far to take them myself.
i ALWAY INSIST on a reciept of documents surrendered before i will hand them over.

luckily i got my passport back, after a manager decided to tidy up his desk and found it weeks later Mad (what a tosser)
____________________
I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:26 - 26 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be advised to go through a reputable company, and get them to sign the photocopied identities. You also need to be really careful when you fill the form in, I know it sounds daft - but do read the notes they include and follow it properly, and include the correct ID, because it can take anything from 3 weeks to 4 months to process.

Because I've been through many enhanced CRB's for most of my life, mine generally take 3-6 weeks to process, quicker if I'm lucky. Shocked

Also, it soon will be YOUR responsibility to provide these, not done by the employer hiring you...which is ludicrous because, for example carers are lowest paid professionals out there, and if they have to supply it each time they start a new job, I think a lot of people (potential carers) won't bother, as it is expensive.

Criminal Records Bureau, PO Box 165, Liverpool, L69 3JD www.crb.gov.uk email: [email protected]
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:47 - 26 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye Clanger, that's what bothers me.

Just emailed the link you sent me to see if they can clarify it for me. I might only need the basic one.

Are there no government offices you can go to, or just down to the cop shop?
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:51 - 26 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had to sort it myself, it's always been through an agency. But the forms are the same.
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:37 - 26 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonny what's it for, is it for a Visa application?

If so you only need a police information access request. Go to a local police station, fill in a form and hand over £10 I think and they'll send you back some paperwork detailing anything that's held on the PNC about you, it's all you need for immigration paperwork usually. I don't think you can actually CRB check yourself without an employment request?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:45 - 26 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix wrote:
Bonny what's it for, is it for a Visa application?

If so you only need a police information access request. Go to a local police station, fill in a form and hand over £10 I think and they'll send you back some paperwork detailing anything that's held on the PNC about you, it's all you need for immigration paperwork usually. I don't think you can actually CRB check yourself without an employment request?


Aye, it's for a visa to South Korea. However I'm going out there to work with little wee kiddies... Thinking Checking I haven't firebombed any houses may not be top priority.

As said, I've emailed the other place to check. Heres hoping. I will be so much happier if it's the po-po one Thumbs Up Not to mention richer.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 224 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 1.17 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 67.53 Kb