Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Goldfren Brake Pads

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:25 - 28 Feb 2010    Post subject: Goldfren Brake Pads Reply with quote

Anyone got any experience or heard anything about these pads?

The Gixxer is going to need a new set of front pads soon, and the cheapest I could find is £20 a pair thru a mate for EBC HH.

I found these on ebay:- https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GOLDFREN-Brake-Pads-GSXR-1000-GSXR1000-K4-K5-K6-K7-K8_W0QQitemZ290364631804QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item439b14aafc

Had a google for some reviews of them and most seem positive, but I was just wondering if anyone on here has used them.

Cheers, Thumbs Up.
____________________
'90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:04 - 28 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't this come up every few months? Some swear by them, some swear at them. A forum search should show a few long threads specifically about Goldfren Thumbs Up
____________________
I'm immortal. Well, so far.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:09 - 28 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive always used goldfren on the bikes I own..
never let me down, i use alot of braking, especially as im usually the unlucky one behind a sudden stop car!

Ive used EBC before aswell, but I always buy goldfren, so I dont see why they wouldnt be as great for you! Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:25 - 28 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sickpup uses them. I think that is a good enough recommendation.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:25 - 28 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fitted some to the front of my TZR, not used them yet so can't comment on their performance.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Damon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:46 - 28 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used them on all my bikes both on track and the road. They have always been brilliant.

Really cant fault them for price against performance.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

battleaxe
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:09 - 28 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

put them in my 07 zzr 1400, thought they were o/k but sold the bike so can't say how they last
B-A
____________________
It's better to say nothing and appear an idiot, than open your mouth and prove the point
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi



Joined: 08 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:59 - 28 Feb 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a set for mine but haven't had them fitted yet because I need new dust seals. Keep meaning to order them, so haven't tried them out yet.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:46 - 02 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

They work reasonably well and lasted me a good 10000 miles on my ZX6R. Worked well in the wet and still had plenty of life left in them when I sold my bike. It's swings and roundabouts really and it's all down to your own preference. I use my brakes in conjunction with my engine so it's not fully overburdened... If Damon uses them on track, then I suppose they're good enough - They were fine for the road. If anything, a good caliper clean, pad replacement and bleed will do any braking system a deal of good.
____________________
The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

supZ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:13 - 02 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've got a set but was put off trying them as the other club im in slated them.

i have part worn oems on my trackbike and when i need to replace those i might give them a go on that, but ebc's on my road bike now and they're great Smile
____________________
CBR954RR - Daily toy
CBR600RR - Trackbike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

YZFR1-Dave
Nova Slayer



Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:56 - 02 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a set when i got my new disks ( Armstrong wavys )

and..they were very bad, ended up putting ebc ones in and they were 100x better
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:14 - 27 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to get a front set off ebay for £24.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GOLDFREN-Brake-Pads-GSXR-1000-GSXR1000-K4-K5-K6-K7-K8_W0QQitemZ290364631804QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item439b14aafc

Only done about 100 miles with them so far, so they're not properly bedded in yet, but so far they seem OK, certainly haven't noticed anything drastically different from the previous EBC ones, although as I said they're not fully ready to be abused.

I shall let peeps know how I get on with them when I've had a bit more time with them, Thumbs Up.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 193 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.37 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 71.89 Kb