Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Could you pass again today?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:58 - 09 Mar 2010    Post subject: Could you pass again today? Reply with quote

Do you think you could pass your test again if you had to take it today, with no training or instruction?

Im thinking that I probably could but in reality im sure I would fail on the most basic things.

c_dug
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bunglehaze
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 12 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:01 - 09 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of riding I think yes but the little touches they expect you to remember probably not. The one saving grace is the difference between a car test in that your examiner is not sat next to you watching so I think you can pass some things by going through the motions.

leigh Smile
____________________
https://bikechatter.net
Motorcycle Products Reviews and News
06 - ZZR600 > 07 - ZX6R J1 > 08 - ZX6R J2 > 09 - ZX636 A1P > 11 - ZX10R C1H
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Seb
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:24 - 09 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea on the new style test, but as far as the only one goes I suspect I'd be fine as long as I didn't make a mess of the u-turn Smile
____________________
2010 Triumph 1050 Sprint ST
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:24 - 09 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely, although they've changed the test a little haven't they?

Might be knocked down a little for the odd bit of, erm.... e"xcess use of the bike's performance" here and there Whistle
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:36 - 09 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot it had been changed! Thinking surely that mod1 mod2 malarky cant be /that/ much more difficult?

c_dug
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:57 - 09 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon I could pass.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:09 - 09 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
Forgot it had been changed! Thinking surely that mod1 mod2 malarky cant be /that/ much more difficult?

c_dug


What compared to a 15 min jollie round the block, where the test guy was out of sight for around 13 of them Laughing
____________________
Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer



Joined: 03 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:22 - 09 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I could do it, although I'd not be able to on my current bike - I'd not make the u'ey
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kate t
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 30 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:30 - 09 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm.. passed the 'new' style test last summer - not sure I could go through all that again, was a fluke the first time Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi



Joined: 08 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:37 - 09 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passed the new test last summer too... reckon could piss it if I had to re-take it again. Fingers crossed I don't have to.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Poseidon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:51 - 09 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailed through the test 18months ago, just before they changed it to the mod1/2 system. I reckon I could pass again... I've not really been riding long enough to pick up too many bad habits.
____________________
1977 Honda CG125
2002 Ducati Monster S4 (currently restoring)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

HP
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 15 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:53 - 09 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would say that most people on here could pass the new test easily, i passed mod 1 with half an hours practice and watching youtube clips and i have only been riding for 2 months and i have my mod 2 a week tomorrow and i intend to do it with no training just watching youtube videos, i have just done my car test at the same centre and my driving instructor told me that the two test routes for bikes are well easier than the car ones and it has a pass rate of 72% so hopefully i will pass that as well with no training.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:54 - 09 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt it. I'd fail at the very first hold up I'd filter past.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Redoko
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:08 - 09 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't under estimate it.

I'm not citing your riding skills, it's just the test tests your ability to do things that are completely unnecessary on the road.
____________________
"Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
Sudika Sportsman SK50QT > Gilera DNA50 > Honda CBR125 RW7 > Kawasaki Zephyr750 > Suzuki GSXR600 > Honda Hornet CB600F '51
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:24 - 09 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I could. The reason being, I lost my license by getting 6 points just within the first 2 years of getting it. I thought getting through the re-test would be tricky but it wasnt.

I was a much better rider second time around, as I didnt have to think about controlling the bike, so I could concentrate more on what was going on around me, and what I should be doing.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kate t
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 30 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:24 - 09 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redoko wrote:
it's just the test tests your ability to do things that are completely unnecessary on the road.


Completely agree, never again have I had to ride in a figure of eight, dragging my back brake.... and I'd sooner ride an extra mile and turn around somewhere that's easier, than EVER do a U turn again Laughing
Although.... learning all that shit has made me a pro at slow control, which is a valuable skill.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:27 - 09 Mar 2010    Post subject: Re: Could you pass again today? Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
Do you think you could pass your test again if you had to take it today, with no training or instruction?

Im thinking that I probably could but in reality im sure I would fail on the most basic things.

c_dug


Nope, far too many bad habits. Not even sure I could do the U turn again, well, not on this bike anyways.
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:27 - 09 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy !

Think I just scraped passed my bike test and most of what I learned has learned after I passed.

Bike control is far better now, especially at slow speeds.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:35 - 09 Mar 2010    Post subject: Re: Could you pass again today? Reply with quote

Whosthedaddy wrote:
Nope, far too many bad habits. Not even sure I could do the U turn again, well, not on this bike anyways.


I can't do a U-turn (unless it's really wide) on my TZR. Tug took the piss out of me on Sunday because I couldn't do one, and then I trapped my bollock against the tank turning my bike around Crying or Very sad It hurt.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tango675
Crazy Courier



Joined: 24 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:50 - 10 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recon I could pass both my Bike test and my Car test.

I recon I would pick up more minor's this time round though. I only passed my bike test 3 years ago, so only a few bad habbits.

I think I would risk failing for not wheel-shuffling in the car test though.
____________________
Somebody give that windup merchant a torque wrench..
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kawashima
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:18 - 10 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test at riding school are easy. I can pass no problem.
But test at license centre, no. The ratio of successful applicants is about 8%.
____________________
own:2020 Serow 250
owned: 2012 YB125SP, 2008 TDM900, 2005 W650, 2002 LS125R, 2002 CB400SF, NS50F, C50 / Trip to UK(2009), Hokkaido touring(2013)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MonkeyKnuckle
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:15 - 10 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was lucky to pass the first time (put foot down on u-turn. Shhh! ) So probably not.

I passed my driving test first time as well about 6 years ago, would probably fail that even though I'm a much better driver now, picked up a few lazy habits.
____________________
MKGaming.com
2000 Honda CBR600F - Sold! 2003 Honda CBR600RR - Current!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

spike_Alike
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 27 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:54 - 10 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was pretty easy first time around so I don't see why not. I only did it two years ago anyway so I think I can remember all the silly rules.
____________________
Bandit 600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:03 - 10 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I'd be nervous about would be the U-turn, not done a proper one since my test, so it's likely to be the thing that would trip me up if anything!!!
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kate t
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 30 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:28 - 10 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonkeyKnuckle wrote:


I passed my driving test first time as well about 6 years ago, would probably fail that even though I'm a much better driver now, picked up a few lazy habits.


Driving test... failed 5 times Shocked I was really really bad Embarassed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 211 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.55 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 125.45 Kb