Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Know someone that doesn't mind breaking a few knee-caps?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

skyremote
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:32 - 10 Mar 2010    Post subject: Know someone that doesn't mind breaking a few knee-caps? Reply with quote

Some bastards stole my bike.

Twice in 6 months.

Scunthorpe really is a heap of shit Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Joenitro
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 10 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:38 - 10 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck mate. Hope you get it back Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ingah
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:00 - 10 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your security and bike - i'm pretty much certain it's insufficient if they've had it away twice in such a short time.

To answer your actual question: Unfortunately, no.
____________________
-- Ingah
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:02 - 10 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to start locking it to a lamp post with a big chain
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

skyremote
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:25 - 10 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I ran out of fuel in the worst of places in town on my old scoot, naively put the steering lock on and walked to the petrol station about a mile away for a jerry can - gone when I got back.

Second time with a different bike, i've been real cautious this time and always chained it to something even when I was only leaving it for a minute. Had it chained to a fork-off big lamp post outside Currys whilst I went to find a new radio, steering lock on too. Got back and it had vanished, I was only got a few minutes.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ingah
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:16 - 10 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

skyremote wrote:
The first time I ran out of fuel in the worst of places in town on my old scoot, naively put the steering lock on and walked to the petrol station about a mile away for a jerry can - gone when I got back.

Second time with a different bike, i've been real cautious this time and always chained it to something even when I was only leaving it for a minute. Had it chained to a fork-off big lamp post outside Currys whilst I went to find a new radio, steering lock on too. Got back and it had vanished, I was only got a few minutes.


What were you using - an Oxford chain? Razz
Seriously, bad luck someone obviously chanced across it and had some croppers (or maybe just a junior hacksaw if it really was an Oxford Wink)
____________________
-- Ingah
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Poseidon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:49 - 10 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

skyremote wrote:
The first time I ran out of fuel in the worst of places in town on my old scoot, naively put the steering lock on and walked to the petrol station about a mile away for a jerry can - gone when I got back.

Second time with a different bike, i've been real cautious this time and always chained it to something even when I was only leaving it for a minute. Had it chained to a fork-off big lamp post outside Currys whilst I went to find a new radio, steering lock on too. Got back and it had vanished, I was only got a few minutes.


My aunt and uncle live the other side of that big field next to Currys (if it's the one near Ashby Ville). Seriously dodgy area around there! I've seen no end of burnt out cars and bikes on that field. I'd spend a good few hours watching that field and surrounding estate. Chances are it'll be some of the local scrotes and they'll be razzing it around there until it runs out of fuel. Is there still a pikey camp on that field? it's been a while since I've been in that area? Might be worth a wander through!

Which part of scunny did you leave your ped in? There's an awful lot of areas in scunny I'd call seriously dodgy! It's why I live in York now!
____________________
1977 Honda CG125
2002 Ducati Monster S4 (currently restoring)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:35 - 10 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
But if I start asking for favours, then it means I owe them. So best you find yourself some 'friends' of your own!!
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 210 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.50 Sec - Server Load: 1.95 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 56.52 Kb