 mrr1 Traffic Copper

Joined: 24 May 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:13 - 20 Mar 2010 Post subject: how do I set my Fazer 600 carbs up? |
 |
|
I'm about to set my Fazer 600 (My 2000) carbs up - I've got a Wiley co can, different needles in the post and a carb synchroniser on its way from a pal. I understand how to change needles, sync carbs and set idle speed - what I don't get is how to check & set fuel / air mixture levels. Aside from running it, checking the state of the plug tips and then lowering / raising the collar setting at the tops of the needles I'm at a loss. How do I check to see if my mix is too rich or lean and which of the various screws on the fazer carbs do I turn / adjust? What harm will I cause if I'm running too rich or lean? ____________________ TRX850, TDM900, ST1300, CB650SC Nighthawk, ragtop Saab, gym membership, messy divorce, large chested blonde fiance
Damn, I'm loving my midlife crisis. |
|